Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Quarex posted:

I do feel better about it costing $150 now that I know it is, in fact, basically a Smart Watch. Of the sort promised in the 1980s but never really followed up on. Hey, I can get behind that!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Personal_Objects_Technology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if it was mentioned yet, but Cheetahmen II kickstarter hit its goal with 12 days left, and is now working on the stretch goal. They have a deal where you can get the previous release they made (cheetahmen the beginning or something like that) for half the normal price if you up your kickstarter pledge the appropriate amount.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I got my Barkley 2 kickstarter reward today:

Its pretty awesome! I need a pillow for it though.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Obsurveyor posted:

And then there's $4 to 8% credit card/bank fees on top of that for the currency conversion. If Amazon is the one to convert it, then they'll take their slice. Kickstarter is never going to do this, it makes the prices way too vague.

Having a price listed in a foreign currency with an added, unknown conversion fee being added during transaction sounds pretty vague to me!

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

Sweet Triforce rip off.

While that immediately comes to mind I have a feeling "three triangles in a triangle to represent three things" was probably used at some point before 1986

edit: that point being "multiples times over the past 1000 years"

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

MrAptronym posted:

I just want one that focuses on fun, not competition.

Stop it, don't bring this poo poo here. I don't even want to discuss smash bros as a competitive game, but please, please don't bring back the ~fun quotient~ chats of yore.

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 17, 2013

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

DancingPenguin posted:

Personally, I believe that the hate that could arise from any semi-large community might make the legal process stupid for any bigger companies.
For instance, The Banner Saga versus Candy Crush Saga.
Does anyone know what that conflict ended with by the way?

They withdrew their claims.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If this doesn't succeed I will be very sad. This is the Star Trek Bridge Commander we always wanted.

Wasn't there already a star trek bridge commander style game that came out a year or so ago, that you didn't need an oculus for because you actually played it with your friends in real life with everyone at their own machine?

edit http://www.artemis.eochu.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SupSuper posted:

Phoenix Point is already funded. :toot: Hopefully they won't go nuts with stretch goals in the remaining month.

Not for lack of trying: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/referral-contest

stretch goal - get us some overhead lighting for the office because drat walking around with lanterns and open flames really slows down the design process