Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
wow, harsh, guys. While I may not be rushing to donate because I don't particularly like the RPG Maker style games, the Tempus Chronicle video was actually pretty well done. Far better than a lot of the lame KS projects I've seen recently.

Also, what the heck is the Magical Adventure Bonanza?? I've searched around for it, and found nothing. Was that a joke by the poster above?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Azraelle posted:

I don't remember the exact number yesterday, but I think it was roughly 38,000, which is the same level it's standing at no. So, if I remember correctly, they've made less than 1000$ in 24 hours. And it seems reasonable to assume that the rate of donations is something that decrease with time (in the Wasteland 2 thread RagingBoner posted a graph where it looked like donations and time followed something like an logarithmic function). So I doubt they'll reach their goal.

from what I've seen, there's usually a big pickup at the end. So unless they totally blown their cred, I'd say they still have a good chance to make it.

LumberingTroll: I'm not quite sure I'm following... is there a kickstarter project yet? Because I searched around, and didn't find anything.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Confusion sets in about the Republique game... How are they going to deliver the game? It's IOS, and as far as I've seen, the other IOS Kickstarter games have not offered the game as a reward, because there was not way to deliver it.

I mean, I guess they could offer a free demo version, that is actually the full version if you validate it with their website, or something crazy like that...

Video is cool though.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

LumberingTroll posted:

They have an interesting pledge tier that we as a community could take advantage of, if we get 50 people, which pitch in $50 each, we can all get alpha access and lifetime subscriptions... I am very interested in this, and would be willing to organize it if there is interest.

I've set up a google dock to start organizing. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmC3HKYxUU_fdHhhNWxFVGd1VHpmWW9LcllObFhTb3c

if we get enough participants we will make the pledge, otherwise, no one has to send cash.

I'm totally down for this! I had already pledged at the $45 level, so it's not much of a bump. I've signed up in the spreadsheet. Hope we get this going!

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

seorin posted:

I've been on the fence regarding Cult ever since it was first linked in this thread, but after checking it out again and seeing the second video I decided why the hell not and tossed $15 at it (the minimum to actually get the game). I'm pretty surprised and impressed that, even with my tiny donation, the creator still sent me a thank you message. I really like that personal element to Kickstarter.

It looks like so much of a pipe-dream, and I hope it comes together. I backed it anyways. Thanks for the linkage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

gschmidl posted:

I don't even know what to say.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aharon/ambrov-x-a-sime-gen-roleplaying-game

Set in the "award winning Sime~Gen Universe by Jacqueline Lichtenberg and Jean Lorrah", Jennifer Hepler (ex-Bioware) as a stretch goal, and

Not tentacle rape. The tentacles are not inserted into any bodily orifices. But in fact, the sime-gen books predate the tentacle rape phenom by about 15 years. They're pretty good, and the first couple books were some of my favorite SF books of the 80s. I'm not saying the campaign is good quality, just supporting the books.