Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
I just want a remade and updated Rainbow Six. If this is what this game is, only called "Takedown" I would be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

I just noticed that the kickstarter for The Banner Saga has added another $50 tier for *just* the poster and nothing else. The poster one mentions, "For this special reward, get just the poster (unsigned) and the special edition of the game, no frills."

Does this mean that the tier with the crest reward doesn't get the special edition or...? I'm just a little confused now. I know one of the devs posted in this thread about giving the people who had paid $50 all the parts of the game.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Plus that old man is kind of adorable.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

seal it with a kiss posted:

The other $50 tier (the crest one) still has the special edition. The poster $50 tier exists for those who want the poster but didn't "want to pay $80" want the poster (but it's not signed, and they don't get the in-game banner).

Ah, ok, thanks for that clarification.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Since game genres have become so watered down, and with the glut of uninspired games that keep getting released, I've always wondered if the market will become over-saturated and fatigued enough to cause another video game crash. Of course it would take years and years of constant bludgeoning of the market with Call of Duty 24: Brown Killer, but I've always wondered if it couldn't happen again far into the future.

I suppose the indie scene and the kickstarter success are variables which stave off such a catastrophe, though.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

My best guess is this line

quote:

creators who feel pressured to include it

had a lot to do with kickstarter wanting them to take it down. I'm guessing a lot of the lower priced kickstarters didn't want to give up 5% or were being pressured or judged by people donating.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

If the comments on this video are anything to go by, the Shadowrun kickstarter has hit a little snag. It seems they want to make a backer-only mission that links the SNES and Genesis Shadowrun games. Now, that seems really cool, but I... kind of agree that we should be trying to get away from early-pay DLC (which is what this is, basically, although I guess one could argue that some of the rewards are the same?).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts/207508?ref=activity

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

I was going to report this to Kickstarter but there doesn't seem to be a "this project is a scam" choice.

Maybe if enough of us message kickstarter we can get them busted.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

It's at the very bottom of the Kickstarter page. I also ended up using the "this is not a project" choice.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

ToxicFrog posted:

Jesus, that would be a nightmare to balance.

Hahahaha, balance. That's a good one.

*plays wizard, is the best*

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Quarex posted:

Anybody who thought the "Tropes vs. Women in Video Games" Kickstarter was not really anything worth getting worked up over should check out her new update where she goes over some of the 2,000 "get back in the kitchen/I am going to rape you/all women should die/I will donate if you suck my dick/et cetera" responses her YouTube pitch video has gotten recently:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/566429325/tropes-vs-women-in-video-games/posts/242547

Just bringing this up might start a derail, so I will mention that I am, in fact, in no way accusing anyone in this thread of being like the people she quotes. I think about the most vile thing anyone has said about women on these forums would basically sound like a compliment as far as these comments are concerned.

I had donated a while back and totally forgot about it. After seeing that email I instantly went up to $100. gently caress these regressive shitbags.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Whack posted:

We're talking about people hearing mean things said to them while they play video games. Instead of asking for thousands of dollars to shed light on this non-issue, people should grow some thick skin and accept the fact that you're going to hear nasty comments when you're online.

It's tragic, I know.

Hahaha, you have to be trolling.

You have to be because I refuse to believe someone could be so willfully ignorant.

Edit: Ok, so that I am not the origin of the derail I always hate. If anybody else likes pinball and the Twilight Zone there's this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-the-twilight-zone/posts/243165?ref=activity

They just added a Star Trek: TNG pinball machine as a stretch goal which is pretty rad. This thread originally pointed me toward them and I'm really excited for this.

Overemotional Robot fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 8, 2012

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

lordfrikk posted:

I didn't know such a thing even existed, but that is some impressive stuff. From what I've gleaned it doesn't exist for PC, will it ever? I'd love to play it.

On the Kickstarter it says that it's "coming soon" so I have no idea. I just want to see a Twilight Zone table because it seems cool.

When I was growing up my favorite tables were the Terminator 2 table and the Adam's Family table.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Occupation posted:

(4 years of KoL until the NS13 update, then I quit after the poo poo stew that that "revamp" was.)

What's up 4 year KoL buddy :hfive:

I did the exact same thing and have not interest in this game. However, I will say it is a neat concept.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Tippis posted:

…thereby further showing the need for the project.

I wonder if they'll ever manage to realise that bit of irony and what any such realisations will do to them.

I'm expecting a lot of "well, isn't it a good thing that those people did that because..."

I don't think gamers want to confront their latent sexism and will sooner shoot themselves (here's hoping!) than reflect on their faults.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

The bad part about it is that I don't think they "get" Bad Dudes. Why age the characters at all? Why not just make the drat thing take place in the 80s? Also those character designs are atrocious and it makes me think the "story" will just try and beat the dead horse that is the Bad Dudes ending.

I played the poo poo out of Bad Dudes and I don't want them messing it up :colbert:

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Why would anybody want to play his "original" characters when what made the fangame fun was playing as, say, Link in a Super Mario Bros. level?

it's not the same thing when you're playing as Durf McMiner in some dumb original level. The nostalgia of mixing up games from childhood is what made the flash game work, this one just looks like a $50,000 piece of garbage from the character art.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

mutata posted:

Is there room for video game art in this video game thread?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1499165518/ukiyo-e-heroes

I only post it because it's a friend of mine who's doing it and he's a great guy and an awesome artist and the prints are quality and it's already over-funded yay!!

These are absolutely amazing. I am LOVING that Star Fox print.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

epitasis posted:

I hope the current president issues an executive order for police to kill anyone wearing one of those hideous shirts on sight.

I don't know what you're talking about. You telling me you wouldn't wear this shirt?

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Well, I would be surprised if the Homestuck thing didn't make it. That video was not very informative.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Yeah, ponies are the only other users that I can think of who have more users with related avatars than Homestuck. Seems like it should be no problem for them to make that amount of money in a short amount of time.

I don't know anything about Homestuck other than I don't understand it. Nothing in that video meant anything to me so I guess they aren't targeting the non-fans and know they can milk the die-hards.

Overemotional Robot fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

If I can steal random people's boats, lower the plank, cruise past another boat I have placed, move to the placed boat's plank while the stolen boat cruises off into nowhere, then I'm in. I may not have been able to kill you mean evils in Ultima Online but I was great at stealing your boats and sending them to hell. :devil:

Oh my gosh I used to do this too. This was the best.