Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Combed over the thread and didn't find this anywhere so...

Super Flash Bros are making a point-n-clicker adventure flash game for the iOS for 25k with an extra 5k apparently needed to get the game actually released on PC/Mac. Features the voice of Dan McNeely Edwyn Tiong as the game's titular character.

Here's the "backer-only" demo if you're interested or whatever :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Thewittyname posted:

Jeremy Soule isn't doing the soundtrack.

Forget Uber Entertainment being behind the game, this is the real dealbreaker.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

It's a drat shame that the Pro Pinball kickstarter campaign is looking pretty dire at the moment. I was blown away with how visually stunning the lighting demo was. Although I wish video game kickstarter videos would quit trying to be funny, it rarely pans out well.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I still haven't downloaded or watched a single part of the Doublefine documentary. Maybe I should get on that.

They have episode zero of their Amnesia Fortnight 2012 docu up on Youtube. If that's to your liking you should definitely check out both DFA and AF because the documentaries are worth the prices of both alone.

With the potential 2 Player Productions documentary and Fangamer handling the physical rewards, I think the Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter is going to make me absolutely broke. :(

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Just saw this in my game blogs feed:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/combitstudios/river-city-ransom-underground

Licensed sequel to River City Ransom. They actually went and got the licence to make this. And the video has GAMEPLAY.

I'm shocked, these guys actually have video game programming experience. So... it's at least a way better campaign than Bad Dudes 2 was.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

In other news: Paypal is loving over another successful Indiegogo campaign

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Homestuck fans are loving insane is how

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

SaltyJesus posted:

Could somebody avatarify the helldoggie :3: animation for me? If you get rid of the leash / trident overlap I'll even throw some bucks your way (over PayPal I guess).

Got rid of the last frame and replaced it with a few of the same frames as he crouches down so the gif's loop transition will look smoother.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

TierraGames posted:

One of the best Kickstarter rewards ever.

Make a character. $30.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/436437847/holomon

check it out!

You wasted :10bux: just to blatantly advertise your own kickstarter on a forum for a comedy website based around cynical circlejerking. I can't trust you with ANY amount of money.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Well poo poo, your reverse psychology worked. I'm totally going to pledge to Meet'n'gently caress Puzzle Quest now. Thanks Prop Wash!

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Finally I can get that Daikatana dating sim that I've always been waiting for: My Superfly Cannot Possibly Be This Cute!

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

macnbc posted:

I've seen far worse Kickstarters from adventure game veterans that have succeeded (Jane Jensen I'm looking at you.)

Of all of the terrible backing decisions that I've made (and I've made a poo poo-ton), backing Jensen's kickstarter will always be my biggest regret.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

No one cares. Please don't poo poo up the thread with more bullshit about Tropes vs Women in Video Games.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

The Chainsaw Incident crowdfunding campaign that they've teased for a million years ago has finally gone live

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Blasphemy, there's never enough 2D fighting games.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

The real question is whether or not Space Captain will answer the mystery of the suddenly ceased boom booms.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

wee-bim

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I like the art style and the the trailer is charming, but the most alarming thing about this kickstarter is that the team rundown has zero programmers in it. It's all a bunch of artists and writers.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

It's either an extremely poorly thought-out plan of distribution campaign in general or there's a complicated distribution right regarding the game's content. I'm leaning the former, though.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

you're all wrong, sonic spinball shows off the genesis' musical muscle the best

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Segmentation Fault posted:

people itt getting angry that wayforward (a studio with a pedigree of cartoon sex appeal) that their game about a belly-dancing genie girl has something sexy in it

never loving change goons

no one itt is angry about anything shantae but there are a few goons who seem to have an interest in what other males on the internet do with their cocks

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Kazooie never grabbed me and I'd argue Tooie is as bad of a mess as DK64. Oddly, Nuts and Bolts is the only game in the series that I liked.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Dear lord what is wrong with you.

What can I say, Nuts and Bolts appeals to that Lego-loving manchild in me.

And its hosed up physics are amazing.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Rikimaru posted:

So what's wrong with Mighty Number 9?

The level design that's been shown off in the backer exclusive builds is complete dogshit.

Even then, it's still not the game I regret backing the most. Not even top 3.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Amanita Design isn't exactly the best company to name when listing "companies that do point-and-click adventure games right"

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

I still don't know what I'm supposed to be so mad at Double Fine for besides delaying a game I wanted to play.

People are still mad about their Early Access stint. Hopefully only that.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Atomicated posted:

Mario Kart 8 suffers from the issue of being on a console with no voice chat

I fail to see the problem in not hearing pre-pubescent children shout racial and homophobic slurs.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Suspicious Dish posted:

has there ever been a successful second kickstarter

Successful as in funded? Rival Threads comes to mind, although it is currently in dev limbo.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Anatharon posted:

2 mill is kinda ridic though, even bloodstained was only 500k.

are you being a poo poo or are you actually serious

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

senrath posted:

Not that surprised. A lot of people aren't satisfied with how Mighty No. 9 was handled, and as far as I'm aware Megaman Legends had a smaller fanbase than the main line Megaman games anyway.

I loving love Megaman Legends and I cannot give a single poo poo about these Redash kickstarters.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hydlide Rebirth

Now that, that is a kickstarter I could get behind.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Memento posted:

There's no actual dollar values attached to this quote, but it sounds like a fair bit more than "just marketing" to me.

Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Update #13 posted:

Sony and Shibuya Productions have been wonderful partners because they believe in Shenmue and want to see the best for the fans and the game. Their investment in (and support of) Shenmue have helped to realize a sequel that will stand proud with its predecessors. While it is not business practice to discuss the specific details of such arrangements, I can say that with their assistance on the production and marketing end, and in Sony’s case with some publishing support as well, Ys Net is able to use more of the money we collect through Kickstarter purely for Shenmue 3’s development. It is also important to note that your funds are going strictly to Ys Net for development of Shenmue 3 – Sony and Shibuya Productions are not seeing a cent of your Kickstarter dollars.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

don't waste your money on trash like video games

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

This is the company behind Red Ash's funding. gently caress, man.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

all video games are scams

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Still bummed I missed out on that sweet $32 tier

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

The Kins posted:

Everyone who backed will also be getting a free copy of Mighty Gunvolt's Steam port, so at least something good will come of this.

Mighty Gunvolt is very bad, so no, nothing good has come of this.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

vns are trash don't give people money for them
animes are trash don't give people money for them
video games are trash don't give people money for them

except tim schafer, give him all your money so toxxupation will throw another hissyfit

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm just salty because much better games don't get anywhere near as much money.

that terrible vn got more than shovel knight lmao holy poo poo.

life is unfair, more news at 11

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Acne Rain posted:

amikrog is far more inscrutable than a competently designed average adventure game, nothing you click on elicits a response unless it is interactive, and that depends on if you've clicked on the right thing before that, so there is no real gradual progress it's just endless clicking and hoping. You do not even have an inventory you can check, you take items and then automatically use them when you click the right thing, which did nothing when you clicked it before, but you can never see what items you actually have

It's basically completely random whether you make progress or not so like all random things some people will be lucky and some people won't.

So it's exactly like the Neverhood, got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I'm kind of surprised Indivisible is doing so poorly. Is it just general disinterest in the game or does being on Indiegogo really hurt that much?

Misinformation about Indiegogo for the large part seems to be the problem. See above post, you don't need to register, you just need to provide an email address.