Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

I gave them $125 because I'm a naive optimist.

I want to believe, and Wastelands 2 will be the proving ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Well those of us who thought people would be leery about this have been proven utterly wrong.

I really am amazed they didn't have any difficulty at all raising the money.

I was completely cynical about the project when I first heard what it was and that it wasn't actually a Planescape game, but then I did my reading and watched the videos and then I was willing to part with twice the cost of a normal game to see it happen. I really enjoyed that pitch and it looks really, really good.

Though I have since lowered my pledge to $77, but I'll easily be willing to raise it again if the stretch goals look good.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

From what I could tell, they were mostly saying giving female character unique treatment to be sexist, which, on some level, might be a valid concern, since it's "different" from the male reply, but I trust in their writers enough that it won't mean you are treated any less than a male character.

Or that if you are, it's because the character you are talking to is a massive dick we should hardly sympathize with.

Exactly, like when you speak to the Legion in New Vegas. They treated you worse if you were female because their society is pretty much built on horrible things, misogyny among them.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

I figured Divinity: Original Sin would have more of a following, is it just a lack of advertisement or more the fact that it's an "enhancement" Kickstarter that's putting people off? I mean, it looks like it'll be successful at this rate but I thought there'd be a little more word of mouth beyond this and a few other forums.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

Really? Huh. I mean, I was the same way until this week with Divine Divinity (terrible name partly to blame), but Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga I'd heard a lot of glowing reviews for. Rightly so too, it's a fantastic and clever game, as is the original as it turns out.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

Steam's deal of the day is the full Divinity Anthology. That's Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity and Divinity 2: Developer's Cut in one handy package.

It's a sign from the gods and everybody should buy it to try out, in England at least it's only £6.11 total, which is about $9. Well worth it.

Edit: Importantly though, maybe don't judge any of the other games on Beyond Divinity's merits. It's the dark sheep and they've learned from all mistakes made therein.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

Darkhold posted:

I got the X-pack for Defense Grid and theoretically I'll get the sequel if they ever make it.

on the wait list I have
Shadowrun in June
Dragon Commander in July
Wasteland in Oct
Original Sin in Nov
Project Eternity Spring next year
Torment 2015.

Shadowrun I'm least excited for and Project Eternity is the one I'm most excited for. I kinda wish I'd just flat forget my projects until closer to release. It'd be great just to have them show up one day.

My list is this sans Shadowrun. I just don't have enough faith in the Shadowrun guys not to gently caress it up.

Oh, but my list does include Shovel Knight. That game looks aces.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

If this won't end with Dyack having to destroy all unsold copies of the new game then I don't care.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

Chivalry was Kickstarter, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

I can't pledge to a game with an mc called Ruffles.