Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

e: oh hey Valdis Story met their goal and apparently are adding a new playable character and a Mac version at launch http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/460275866/valdis-story-abyssal-city

Oh whoa, why wasn't this in the OP! Lazy OP. :argh:

Their last game, Legend of Fae was a really cute/neat little match three style game that I really ended up liking, and while I didn't agree with all the gameplay choices, the devs defended why they made the game the way they did by explaining the gameplay choices indepth, and I really liked that.

Glad to see them doing good on Kickstarter, any reason why this isn't in the OP though before I send them some cash?

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Quarex posted:

I never actually looked at this earlier in the thread, apparently. It is like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night meets Diablo 2 for the PC! I am tempted! Plus, "Endless Fluff" plus all the cat iconography suggests that this is like Crazy Cat Studio, which is clearly a project worth supporting.

Endless Fluff are neat, and I'm excited for Valdis because of it.

Their last game, Legend of Fae was a nice different take on the Match 3/Puzzle Quest mechanics, in which they actually adapted it and added in a bunch of new features, rather then just do what everyone else does and try and generic copy paste the same basic structure.

Sounds like Valdis will do the same things, but with Metrodvania style games rather then Match 3 style games. Legend of Fae had some flaws to it, and their take didn't work as well, but it was nice to see people actually trying to mix things up.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

member001 posted:

What's up with the Republique hate?
If my 15 bux is going to fund a game that has Jennifer Hale, I'm in!

Christ, I spent 10x more on crappy games from Steam.

They originally made a huge fuss about how they wanted to be THE FIRST actual IOS game, and would not be porting it due to a desire to break those chains, and prove to investors that the IOS is just as capable of blah blah.

After something like two weeks of poor kickstarter funds, the guy running it came out and did a little "Eh, I GUESS I could make it for PC to, gently caress you guys though." speech, implying he's just doing it to get his IOS version out, and the PC version won't be up to snuff at all.

Add on that he has no details on how this will work, and said this is mainly just an investor call? Yeh.

The RPS thing is mainly due to how annoying they have been about it. I wouldn't mind if they had just said it looked neat, but instead they posted 4 articles about it so far, with two being "OH YEAH PC."/"IT'S NOT GOING TO BE A PORT WE SWEAR." and the other two being "HEY MAN, THIS MIGHT NOT HAPPEN, GIVE IT MONEY. I'M NOT loving JOKING." or "THANK GOD THIS GOT FUNDED", neither of which fit what RPS said it wanted to do in regards to Kickstarter, which was originally going to be more of a "Hey, this looks neat to me, just saying" style articles.

I mean, I guess the best way to put it is to just say look at the difference between how they talked about Republiqe, and how they talk about Grim Dawn.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/grim-dawn/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/republique/

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Rhandhali posted:

Steam has a couple of trailers, and Atlus of Ogre Battle/Disgaea fame is involved somehow. They also managed to get the actors from the HBO show to voice Jorah Mormont and Varys, and the graphics looks kind of so so. That's all I've got.

We talked about it a bit in the Steam thread.

Its actually surprisingly good, gameplay isn't the best, few technical issues, obviously blew all the VA money on the major players, but it's got a solid story that fits the GoT universe, some interesting gameplay stuff, and it adds in a few extra details to GoT style stuff, like more explanation about Azor Ahai, the Tagaryeans, etc, including some major spoilers for the next book most likely.