Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I know that if the project doesn't reach the target in the time limit, all the backers are refunded, but what happens if the project is cancelled after that, during development?

Even without a publisher's interference, there's a chance that the game hasn't been planned well, lacking in resources or is just technologically infeasible.

If the backers are making the gamble, then what incentive does the developer have to even finish the game? If the developers are making the gamble, then can they afford to reimburse their backers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

poo poo, I forgot to retract my donation for Echoes of Eternia.

That's $15 down the drain.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Mug posted:

Why would you retract on a pledge?

Because I changed my mind about wanting the game. I've already got tons of indie classic-with-a-modern-twist RPGs I haven't touched, so another 'We want to be like Final Fantasy' RPG Maker game is the last thing I should be buying.

I'm not really sold on their promises, like an "Emotional and Compelling story line. (Details coming soon)" or "Highly tactical Battle System", when I've seen what these home-made RPGs usually end up like (with some notable exceptions).

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Unfortunately, it looks like Road Redemption isn't going to make its goal of $160,000 in the next three days, with $44,942 to go. Is there any precedent for a failed Kickstarter to be picked up by a publisher? I loved the PC version of Road Rash as a kid, so I'm really sad to see that this might not get any funding.

The same goes for The Realm Game, which has 13 days left to scrape together 3/4 of its £195,000 goal. It looks like a point-and-click version of the substantially delayed game, The Last Guardian, so it'd be a shame to see this not be released either.