Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not sure if it was posted but Cwars totally just appeared on my radar despite it's amazingly boring name. Didn't see it in the OP and figured I'd post it as it looks like a game that really should be supported.

Here's the trailer for it

In the same post I can't be the only one totally psyched for the visual masterpiece that is Dark Dead and Decaying
There's a lot of games that try to be retro and fail, so it's always nice to see a project strive to actually be a little different

Fantastic

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That's exactly what came to my mind, and why I figured I should post it :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

C-Wars only has 2 hours left, but managed to hit every stretch goal and just keep going

I'm happy for them, the game looks pretty drat interesting.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shalinor posted:

Chasm (the roguelike Castlevania / Metroid'y game) is down to the last hour, and only $10k from the arena mode stretch goal.

I'm glad it funded period. Still not sure if I'll dig the procedural dungeons in a platformer, but, it is a game I am glad will exist.

I think the biggest problem is the trailer honestly. It's so loving boring and doesn't show off gameplay that well.

There's no exciting bosses, only one location/background, and just eughhh. It looks alright, I just don't think it was "sold" very well. Rogue Legacy is the metroidvania roguelike of my choice so dunno what that says about me.

Edit: Also the main character looks like Tycho from Penny Arcade

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

There's no worry about Capcom getting pissy right? Not-megaman is kind of playing it really close and worried that it'll get them in trouble.

Like there's a point where it's a spiritual successor and there's a point where they add a few things to Roll's design and call it original.

Robot with scissors on his head?
8 Robot Masters?
Roll and Rush lookalikes? (and that MML3 heroine)
Same jump sprite/lemons fired
Hero's design looks super similar...

Kind of troubling to me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not sure if it was mentioned here but Undertale got it's release date finally (September 15th)

My friend helped do some things for the game so I'm pretty excited :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

kloa posted:

am I supposed to know what Undertale is?

cause that trailer is poo poo

Old demo came out 2 years ago that's worth playing (it's here)

A lot of people at the time really loved it due to some pretty crazy things it does (it has like 6 endings or so) and it launched a really small kickstarter that got funded pretty fast. Apparently the trailer is just to post the release date and the real launch trailer and stuff is still getting made.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It literally sold far more than the wii-u did already lol.

I 100% the game on the wii-u and was it's biggest defender on the forums, there's no loving way I'm not going to make a kickstarter just for this. I love the game way, way too much.

E: It's got amazing writing that manages to be really, really funny and surprisingly heartfelt at times. It's controls are silky smooth, it's a absolutely amazing game and so many people are going to get upset when the controls kill them in the first handful of missions.
Wonderful 101 has like a laundry list of 'things you can do' that it drops on you before you even get into real fights so it's easy to forget poo poo for first time players and people new to the genre in general, but if you stick with it it's amazing.

Also you have to buy the dodge and block in the shop. They wanted players to see useful stuff is in the store to spend your credits on so uh, lotta people get stomped and angry when they don't realize that :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 4, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Or give them money so I can get cool DLC that would be Epic and Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ookiimarukochan posted:

Would consider backing but (a) Dangan and (b) I no longer trust kickstarted games to not turn "Steam version" into "EGS version"

I don't see Dangan on their Kickstarter anywhere, and I thought someone said they split away from them?

(To be perfectly clear I don't know what Dangan even did - I just saw this topic floating around)