Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Mug posted:

Yeah, I'm sure the game will be terrible/never exist, I'm just surprised it's even possible to retract a pledge.

Why? You're not signing a contract, until the fund raising period ends that money belongs to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Something about that Carmageddon kickstarter really bothers me, I don't know what it is. Maybe just the tone of the whole page.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dragonrah posted:

I've never played a Carmegeddon game, but personally, I'm a bit off put in general by the terrible coding and overall bugginess that Stainless has done on the Magic DotPW games.

Wait, they make those really-well-selling DotPW games and they don't have enough money to pay their employees?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Quodio Stotes posted:

Such a stupid amount of money for a project that could be funded for 300 hundred dollars and all it really is is a series of videos pointing out incredibly obvious things to a crowd of people who already are aware of them. I didn't know you could make 20k preaching to the choir.

Sounds like the content hits a little close to home.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm not bothered by them making a joke kickstarter as much as I am by the fact that it's probably going to work and they're completely duping a "loyal fanbase" to make some sort of backhanded point about crowd funding.

But hey, people will support this so they'll get more dickwolves