Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Saoshyant posted:

Uh, from here it just sounds like Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Anyone familiar with the Amnesia Fortnight prototypes? Is this project based on one of them? Or is it a completely new thing?

I love Awakening, but the prospect of a Western, Double Fine Awakening without the anime component of Fire Emblem sounds pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hakkesshu posted:

It was all worth it to get the heraldry of my hometown into a video game:

:ssh:

Is there a list of those somewhere?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Did people forget about Joan of Arc? Not that everything said about her is entirely true (being a national folk legend will make people tell a lot of stories more or less true about you) but still, isn't she proof a woman could become important in the time period?

To be clear I'm fine with them not having a woman character in their game if it rock their boat or their fans' boat, but I think their "realism" excuse is kind of bullshit as is the "gently caress political correctness man" one.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 26, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sweet dreams.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Tamba posted:

They send you an email after you change it, where you can reset it again, so it's not that bad (unless you email was also compromised)

Why would the email be compromised?

Don't remember what my password was.

VVVVVV: thanks and yeah that'd be dumb.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 15, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Boycotting companies, state and poo poo I understand, but people's private money? I don't know, I think that's discriminatory.
Just because someone is a Israeli citizen doesn't mean they support the Apartheid.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Shalinor posted:

Prisonscape could be cool. Is this a goon project, or have I just seen it a lot lately elsewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6knEaC-titU

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671253&highlight=prisonscape

Apparently it's made by someone from NeoGAF, don't know if he posts here.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
They should have made it clear they would only be able to distribute to America.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Suspicious Dish posted:

The thing is that the hardware team that made the 3DS isn't going to do nothing for a year, and they aren't going to fire them. Accessories and that sort of thing haven't really worked out sales-wise, so they just shove another console down the pipeline. So you can bet that right after the 3DS ships, they're working on R&D and design for a new system.

Nintendo's business strategy has never been to support a console for a long time and make sure it's solid. They ship one piece of hardware, and then they're done with it. This might now change when they actually merged the ten different hardware R&D departments into one, and put the OS and hardware teams on the same floor in the same sort of cubicle space, but it's a slight chance.

And hey, maybe this will finally be the console with third-parhahahahahahahahah nope.

The 3DS has plenty of third party support.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Maybe eventually, but it's like $25. The reason Bad Ratsing people worked is because it was super loving cheap.

25 dollars for a lovely sex game, I can't.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Drifter posted:

Doesn't matter if she's 13 or 30 so long as there's nothing sexual about it it's perfectly okay.

Yeah not familiar with the material at all, but the blurb seems to suggest there's nothing of the sort.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Does this game have a ton of characters like the Suikoden games?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mr Underhill posted:

Dayuuuum, Slain! looks GOOD!

The areas look sweet as gently caress too.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Crossposting for the Banjo thread, Ex Rare devs are going to make a kickstarter for a Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie spiritual sequel!

Kurtofan posted:

Playtonic Games (ex Rare devs making a spiritual sequel to BK/BT) had a conference today at EGX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ulJeGQ0Krk

Here are some of the slides they showed:

first look at a world

first look at the hub world

sneak peak at one of the character:

It's going to be a Kickstarter. I'm pretty excited about this.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ruzihm posted:

Banjo thread?!

Ok, Nuts and Bolts LP :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

senrath posted:

So, Obsidian removed a transphobic "joke" from backer submitted content that slipped past their vetting process (not surprising, given the amount of backer submitted content there was). Naturally, plenty of "true gamers" are flipping their poo poo over how Obsidian has betrayed them to feminazis.

Where was it in the game? I thought I read something weird in one of the memorials.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Oceanbound posted:

He's talking about "innocent until proven guilty" when French and English defamation laws put the burden of proof on the defendant? And he's saying other people are misunderstanding the law? :psyduck:

Wait is this true? I thought the burden of proof was on the prosecution, at least here in France.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cabbagepots posted:

It's all for naught if Microsoft themselves upstage these guys with a new Banjo announcement at E3

Who's going to care about a new Banjo by Microsoft? Unless you were being facetious.

Toxxupation posted:

i'm very excited for another rare platformer, to join the much-vaunted halls of such classics as

The DKC trilogy and the Banjo games? Pretty much the best series on their respective systems.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 1, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Butt Ghost posted:

they aren't even the best platformers on the n64

The Banjo games are better than Mario 64.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'll admit I never played Goemon

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Kickstarter is up!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Harlock posted:

I wonder how much it would've cost to get the rights to Banjo

100 billions stretch goal to finance a hostile takeover of Microsoft

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Is it possible for a project to receive negative funding

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Genocyber posted:

I haven't been following MN9 since I backed it, what's this about?

It's a megaman game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Y'all forgot about RaNcIdPscHoJoSh, huh?

Anyway:

So, out of nowhere, the Twitter account associated with those IGA/8-4/Kickstarter teases has started tweeting again:

https://twitter.com/Quarterwomann/status/594315057082683392

https://twitter.com/Quarterwomann/status/594325576594296832

That's some kind of AR campaign for the next Igavania?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Wasteland 2 is also a pretty good game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

epitasis posted:

EXPEDITION: CONQUISTADORS

Didn't even remember this was Kickstarter, what a cool game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

This showed up on a few CV sites today, posted by new member "IGAVANIA":

There's a full moon on May 4, incidentally...

Considering the whip I don't see what else it could be.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I really hope Sword or Whip? is going to be the game's name.

https://twitter.com/SwordOrWhip/status/595327266302795777

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can you imagine? A new igavania where they have to make new models for the enemies? This is a brave new world.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It may just mean it's going to be on 3DS.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I assumed that's what people meant by 3D, I don't see them making a pure 3D castlevania kickstarter.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Colon Semicolon posted:

Does it call everyone this, or does it have multiple names?

I am Amdusias the Abashed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Great Joe posted:

Who said it's in 3D? :confused:

Well they have to make new models because they don't own the models of Dracula X, Symphony of the night and co.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Great Joe posted:

Why would they need the weird pulsating save thing from Symphony of the Night? :confused:

What pulsating save thing?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Great Joe posted:

I can't think of any other models used in that game except the geometric shape and the coffin in the save room.

I meant the enemies model they kept reusing in all the igavania games.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Great Joe posted:

What models? I don't think there was a single enemy done in 3D in those games.

Not in 3D, in 2D. Is this a term thing? I think it's pretty clear what I mean by "model".

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 5, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

If they're 2D, they're not models. (SOTN doesn't have a lot of real "sprites", either; almost everything that looks like a sprite is a texture mapped to a flat rectangle.) This is a dumb argument.

Could have told me that right away, I don't know the technical terms.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Classic Tortoise and the Hare situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Leinadi posted:

Kickstarter-fueled Expeditions: Conquistador (fantastic game btw) is getting a sequel: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2128128298/expeditions-conquistador/posts/1223827

Nice, really loved that game.