Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Edison Carter posted:

New interview with Victor Ireland today. Another game he apparently wants to kickstart is The Idolm@ster. Apparently the big way he wants to take the creep factor out of it, is to make them into boy and girl bands in the vein of N'Sync and such. Fantastic...
Here's the link to the new interview on RPGSite.

So first he wants to extort customers by essentially threatening to do a lovely job on a translation if they don't give him $500,000. Next, he wants to take another franchise and gently caress with the original when he ports it over? :v: This guy needs to gently caress right off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

njark posted:

well this looks interesting. a post apocalyptic 64 man first person shooter. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2dawngames/ravaged

The problem with donating to this is that it is another Multiplayer-focused FPS which will likely die within a few months of release. :smith:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

mutata posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/winterkewlgames/yogventures Oh man. I wonder if the Yognaut community has access to credit cards...

Oh my god this is adorable and I have no doubts it will make the $250,000 goal. poo poo, I want to kick in $15.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1465600975/echoes-of-eternia-a-modern-take-on-a-classic-desig?ref=category

I wish this had game play details, video or screenshots. I skimmed the video and he mentioned to keep a watch on it, but isn't that something you should include from the get go? :smith: The screenshots bring back childhood memories of SNES rpgs. But it feels like the kickstarter does a lot of talking in circles.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

:haw:

Sketch art looks good.

I must've missed that. They want $10,000 for an rpg maker game?

Sell posters of that artist's work instead. :v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I admit I missed that rpgmaker poo poo. :v: In return, have a hilariously awful Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/548215972/devil-gene-r?ref=category

Check out that T-sh--SAMPLE SAMPLE SAMPLE SAMPLE SAMPLE SAMPLE.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Robotnik DDS posted:

And they want it fully voiced!

I hope they can find the kawaiiest voice actor ever. :allears:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

NINbuntu 64 posted:

Exactly. If anything, it's an RPGMaker "clone."

ARPGMaker. poo poo, now I want to kick in my 15 bucks for sure.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

floor is lava posted:

I'm assuming all of you have already seen this site?

http://poo poo-starter.tumblr.com/

:cripes:

Oh god, there are some absolutely horrible things on here.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I am excited for Second Life 2: Electric Boogaloo, except from a creepy rich 'ideas guy' with 'good intentions'. :allears:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Occupation posted:

So Class of Heroes 2 is at 93k with 38 hours to go. Can't wait for this project to fail, miserably; if anyone on KS deserves nothing, it's Ireland and his terrible, terrible project.

Nice to know I am not the only one eagerly awaiting the project to fail. CoH2 will still get ported in the end, and Vic Ireland will get his ego shat on. The guy needs to be brought back to reality.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I would buy Beardventures.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

Kinda sad we still aren't notable to the OP :(

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seanpollman/kinetic-void

I mentioned it to him on steam, he has just been busy lately. :)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

SparkTR posted:

Conquest 2: The Vyrium Uprising just got an ambitious Kickstarter. Conquest Frontier Wars was a kickass RTS with some unique ideas (like multiple battle maps in single match). The sequel has been in development hell for a while now and I gave up on it years ago, but it's surfaced on Kickstarter of all places and I hope it makes it. I really want it to exist.

Oh my God. C:FW is back. Holy gently caress :aaaaa: Definitely putting 15 bucks into this. C:FW was the best RTS that nobody ever loving heard of. I doubt it will succeed at that goal, though.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Unfortunate that they seem to be too over-ambitious though.

Assuming you are talking about what they posted in their list of features/what sets them apart, the only feature that is 'new' are Hybrid Units. The Admirals, supply lines, multiple maps and randomized galaxies were all in the original. That's all old hat since they have some of the original devs.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I actually meant their goal.

Oh, whoops, my bad. Yeah I agree on that completely, it seems a bit of a stretch given how little known the last game was (even if it was fuckin' boss).

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Beef posted:

I would still like to see that steam version of the old C:FW though.

I think if they fail their kickstarter, but own the rights to C:FW completely, they should try to do this and use that money on the new game. But I'm no expert in this field and I could be really loving dumb and missing things.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

Are you being sarcastic? I'm genuinely curious why if you are serious

Because they generally result in a poo poo-ton of the kickstarter funds being eaten up by producing these items if they are in a cheap tier and not limited.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

So's this, but that doesn't stop people.

It looks harder on the outside. Compared to some of the other games in the genre, Touhou is pretty light. It's primarily pattern recognition, with a bit of 'random' dodging (which mostly comes down to foresight in not getting yourself stuck in a stupid position). :spergin:

e: This should be the standard for bullshit incomprehensible how-do-people-play-this-poo poo stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 26, 2012

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Star Guarded posted:

I'm guessing anyone reading this thread is also reading the Kinetic Void thread or is already aware of it, but for people who maybe forgot about it or meant to pledge but haven't yet: it has six hours left and needs another $10,000.

It just gained something like $2,000 since you posted this. :v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The amount increased because someone, somewhere, clicked a link to the Kinetic Void kickstarter. Then, they clicked the Pledge button and added some amount of cash, thus increasing the total earned! :eng101:

e: oh god about 4500 to go, you guys can do it!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Personally, I don't care what gender the other person is I'm playing with (unless they are being obnoxious 'durr hurr imma girl gimme things', that's stupid no matter who you are). v:shobon:v If macnbc's comment about men feeling threatened is really the issue at hand, why the gently caress are guys so insecure about it? I just don't really understand.

With that said, I'd kick in some cash if this series was going to help expose the miserable pile of puke that is the fighting game community. Not much gets me up in arms over the equality issue quite like that cesspit. My ex-girlfriend introduced me to it a few years ago and the way that community treats women does nothing but turn my stomach. She wanted me to go to Evo2k with her (neither of us went), and I'm glad we didn't because I would've racked up some assault charges had I caught that poo poo in person. :argh:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

octoroon posted:

Probably worth pointing out this is a pretty nasty stereotype in itself. The assumption that every woman online who dares express herself is automatically some kind of vile temptress seeking to drain all the e-gold from the coffers of unsuspecting manchildren, is bad.

I'm hoping you didn't think I was implying that stereotype applies to every woman. :shobon: There are those who do it, though, and that's why the stereotype exists.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Smol posted:

I'm pretty sure it will require a Wii Remote and/or a Kinect. While it isn't exactly clear from the first video, he says this in the second one.

I agree with this, that's the first thing I thought of when I read that line. 'Oh! A wii-remote. That could work.'

I'd buy into this just because Neal Stephenson.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Sigma-X posted:

For those who are unfamiliar with Neal Stephenson as a writer, he wrote a book called Snow Crash wherein Hiro Protagonist, master hacker and swordsman, duels people in The Street (Second Life well before it actually existed) for fun and profit and is the greatest (virtual) swordsman in the world, and trains in the real world as well, with his training in both worlds affecting the other.

The fact that we have a programmable virtual world with fixed real estate but no good swordfighting seems like inventing easy chairs but upholstering them with plywood.

Clearly this is the first step in bringing The Street to life. :colbert:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

NINbuntu 64 posted:

and then release an incredibly robust toolset to let me make my own, fixed dungeons and give me drop-in co-op. Kickstart that poo poo.

You can pretty much do this with NWN1 right now, can't you? :v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

NINbuntu 64 posted:

Yes. I would like a newer game with more friendly modding tools. Neverwinter Nights is over a decade old now, I'm pretty sure.

And it is still the best in the market for that purpose, sadly! :smith: NWN2's problem was that the toolkit was too loving obtuse for newer users to break into. NWN1's was plenty powerful and easy to pick up.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I like this project because, as someone who is a writer and working on a project with a female lead, it'll help me to avoid creating some of the same poo poo that plagues games and other works, even if it was unintentional. :shobon:

I'd give money but I have none and won't have any for like another week. :smith: Maybe she'll do like some of the other KS projects and open up future donations.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

glug posted:

I've only watched the first video, so I don't know if they go into this more, but I got the impression that they are building this with a mindset towards making the api available to other games, so that would be pretty friggen awesome.

Give me a sword doohickey to swing around. Now give me a (viking) shield doohickey to stop things swinging around from hitting me. Now give me a leg doohickey that ties my leg motion into walking/running in game. Complicated as gently caress, sure, but if they pull it off right we'll have the biggest viking-warrior-exercise-game craze that the world has ever seen. :colbert:

(Of course, leave non-leg motion movement options available.)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tamba posted:

This works until you walk into the wall/your computer.
Unless you want to play in some kind of ball-thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpoi4NngEJs

Have you ever used the wiifit running stuff? You put the controller in your pocket and walk/run in place. I was getting at a similar concept. Then you simply put some weights on your wrists/legs and you have the most badass viking warrior exercise program ever.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tamba posted:

Doesn't the Wii Fit thing just measure how fast you go to move your character along a rail?

I was thinking more like you'd move in the direction the camera was oriented, but of course that'd make backpedaling impossible. :shobon:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Actually they're asking for $5,000, and I'm curious: If they don't meet the goal, will the still be able to complete the project with the money they receive from Flexible Funding? Not to mention they're passing out DVDs, T-shirts and posters like candy.

Not trying to be a jerk, just looking at it from an objective standpoint.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Prosthetic_Mind posted:

Or you could use it to play games or surf the web wherever you go or something. It'll put us one step closer to being able to have setups like the gargoyles in Snow Crash.

One step closer. Now just someone come up with an equivalent to the Street that isn't filled with pedophiles and furries. :v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

D'aww, that's sweet. Mom will have a whole dungeon named after her!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I have a sudden desire for a remake of that loving hard as hell skateboarding game on the Gameboy (or was it NES?) where it was side scrolling/downward scrolling involving dodging tons of poo poo. I don't have the faintest clue what the name was, but the cart is probably in a box somewhere. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Solution: Mute game music, play Jeremy Soule's over it.