Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
Wow yeah, it's a bummer that Project Awakening isn't going to get funded. I thought it hit its mark ages ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011

Rinkles posted:

The first episode of Tropes vs Women in Video Games is out.
This video is really great! Excited to see the rest of the series. I remember the manchildrage on neogaf back when the Kickstarter launched.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

Among the Sleep, the survival horror game where you play as a toddler that's showed some teasers over the past year or so, just started a new Kickstarter asking for $200,000.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krillbite/among-the-sleep
I open the link, thinking "oh this sounds really cool, especially since I recently bought Monsters and Other Childish Things"

see awful Cliffy B and Jim Sterling quotes in header

close tab

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
Words cannot express how much I want The Stomping Land to get funded. It hits all the right notes: DINOSAURS, a fantastic prototype, informative video with good voiceover, and an awesome dinosaur book reward tier? It is killing me that I have no money to spare right now. :ohdear:

edit: Actually, there's a $1 reward tier. I can afford that. :shobon:

Qwo fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 7, 2013

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011

Qwo posted:

Words cannot express how much I want The Stomping Land to get funded. It hits all the right notes: DINOSAURS, a fantastic prototype, informative video with good voiceover, and an awesome dinosaur book reward tier? It is killing me that I have no money to spare right now. :ohdear:

edit: Actually, there's a $1 reward tier. I can afford that. :shobon:
So this got funded in less than a day!

Unfortunately their stretch goals are far off and vague.

Still, DINOSAURS!

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Whenever I see dinosaurs used as a marketing thing it makes me wary because for some reason games with dinosaurs in them are almost always terrible.
Which is all the more reason that there needs to be more DINOSAUR games!

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Why is anyone buying into the PA kickstarter? I don't get it, and I thought I had made some dumb internet purchases in my time.
There are hundreds if not thousands of people whose entire lives and identities revolve around the Penny Arcade webcomic and associated personalities.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
I feel like Road Redemption would have been better served by a better name. "Road Redemption" sounds like generic bargain bin eurotrash.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011

Macaluso posted:

The only thing is I hope that there is more of a goal than just "become the strongest tribe". I hope there's more to it than that, and maybe some kind of story that goes along with it. Also coop sounds cool, but it also sounds like it's only your friends vs the computer. I wonder if he'd open it up eventually to be coop vs coop. No computers just other player tribes your tribe would be against.
That's the core of his concept for multiplayer (and he describes the whole game as "multiplayer") - multiple player tribes competing for the same resources.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
I suggest you guys click the "report Kickstarter" button at the bottom of that project page. Hopefully KS will address the problem.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
The Stomping Lands released their first update since they got funded. I'm disappointed it's just another short conceptual gameplay video (and the specificity of this video plus their last one worries me that they don't have a presentable, cohesive overall concept with technical architecture to back it up), BUT taming Gallimimuses is super cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig6_1ORC77M&hd

The devs also seem unwilling to change their unreachable and unenticing stretch goals. That said, they still have my $1 and I wish I could pledge more in spite of my reservations.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011

Behonkiss posted:

I haven't seen this posted yet, and I apologize if it has been and I just missed it, but holy poo poo, someone is making an official licensed game based on the Redwall books.

I loving ADORED these as a kid, so I hope this turns out at least decent. The only stuff they have to show at the moment are some (admittedly pretty) empty environments.
Yeah there's no hope for this game. Unprofessional, vague, a tiny budget, and not a microsecond of gameplay to be seen (as far as I can tell). The fact that their pitch trailer contains Minecraft footage is embarrassing.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
Wait, what? I lose points for reading comprehension, but what a bizarre, stupid Kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011

KuroKisei posted:

Just found another gem called Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet! (Retro Pirate Adventure). Looks like a pretty average point and click adventure game, but I love his video. He's how I picture the average goon except that he has a GIRLFRIEND.
Point and click?? Sold.