Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KayGee
Nov 23, 2011

Orks is da biggest and da strrrrongest.
Would be interesting to see what they produce. There are certainly tropes in video games that portray an unrealistic standard of men. If done right it might be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KayGee
Nov 23, 2011

NINbuntu 64 posted:

It's 4chan and they're making it out of spite, so it'd just be "I'M NOT HUGELY MUSCLED" instead of "the core aspect of masculinity and how it's portrayed in modern media and culture is incredibly damaging to both sexes."

Well, having read the thread through it does include that. It does counter the argument made that about women are always made attractive. Unrealistic standards set by the media are incredibly damaging to both sexes. Another example include male disposability (for example, when reporting murders/massacres it is often reported "X number of people were killed today, including X women and children") This implies that women are special cases (I am not arguing children aren't). To add weight to the story as it were.

Anyway, this is not the thread to get into it.

What I'm trying to say is that it could be interesting and worth watching out for. You never know they might make something good.

KayGee
Nov 23, 2011

NINbuntu 64 posted:

gently caress that, I'll make my own version and hire a better looking guy to star in my kickstarter video because of my severe personal image issues.

Go ahead. You've either managed to miss the point or aren't interested in trying understand it.

ToxicFrog posted:

It could be, but given that it's going to be the 4chan MRA shithead crowd making it, there's not a chance in hell that it will be.

Gold comes from poo poo sometimes.

KayGee
Nov 23, 2011

NINbuntu 64 posted:

I see you haven't read my posts on this matter at all.

I did not see those, your reaction to my posts is what gave me the impression I had. Fair enough.