Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Reminder that Stalin vs Martins was so bad it was removed from Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Hey dude making Scraps put the song in the trailer on iTunes so I can give you money for it thanks.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

I knew where to find it for free but I wanted to give you some green (or whatever funky colors you guys got down on the bottom of the world) because it's too good to just take.

Guess that means I gotta kick in to your kickstarter.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Kinda random question here but what was the game called that was gonna be the new Smash Bros Melee but ruined its chance at being good by having really stupid generic anime art?

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
That would be the one, thanks my man. Going with a more Nintendo cartoony aesthetic would've done them so many favors. Also not having an impossible goal.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
How much did that guy get.

Also aren't Idea Guys supposed to have ideas aka game design poo poo? Why not just write a book if you just wanna write - I would think if you were lovely at coding or art you'd at least want to design a game if you were interested enough in game dev to make a kickstarter.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
It was incredibly stupid to put a game that was getting some buzz on the game blogs on indiegogo. Was their reasoning for going on indiegogo given? I'm too lazy to check it all out.

Count Uvula posted:

They're based in Finland so they couldn't use Kickstarter.

Figured it was something like that. Sucks for em.

Lets! Get! Weird! fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 22, 2013

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Why did every design have a skirt.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

RMZXAnarchy posted:

That awful Design B didn't have a skirt.

Well yeah but it looks like she has no bottoms on at all in that one.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
You seem to have it backwards - companies shouldn't have to worry about immature mewling manchildren when they make hiring decisions. The people blowing up are the ones that should change their attitude and decision making.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

mutata posted:

She wears a skirt because a) style, b) silhouette and clarity of shape to differ her from Beck's design, and c) she's meant to be in the image of a cute, young girl, and the skirt is a clear archetype of this type of cartoon character.

Oh wait, I meant to say she wears a skirt because the designer and everyone who voted for her are all pedophiles and misogynists. :rolleyes:

It's amusing seeing someone completely ignore the content of their own post halfway through.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Also the broken Sonic fans are the people that grew up once the bad games started coming out (everything after SnK).

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

thelaughingman posted:

She has raised a few valid points on different subjects now and again.

Every point she makes it valid.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

CottonWolf posted:

The weird thing is they've not really done anything to deserve the cynicism.

Hasn't it taken entirely too long to come out and is just the first part?

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Kawalimus posted:

It seems like they were expecting a lot more than what they ended up getting. I ended up playing the first game after I got it on a nostalgia kick and got a handful of games from GOG sale. It was good but flawed and just got too convoluted I thought but was still fun. Hope this one improves on that even though they aren't going to have the cool extras they thought they would be able to put in.

They also did that really lovely thing where you make 90 percent of your video you talking about poo poo instead of the game. It barely talks about the new game at all.

Was still surprised they limped to the finish since the first game seemed like a pretty strong cult hit, and then something totally unknown like Hyper Light Drifter got 650k (but that video was all gameplay/cutscenes and not some guy talking about how games were better in the 80s when they were hard).

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Pollyanna posted:

La Mulana was never super popular, definitely not on the level of Megaman or anything. Plus, it occupies this weird space between Western and Eastern gaming that means it has a moderate amount of support on both sides.

That's true that's why I compared them to someone and something that was totally unknown.

Hell, I figured the first game would've been successful enough to fund a sequel. But they had all sorts of Wiiware issues getting it to America and the PC version came to Steam ages after it had press.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Spindly legs looked fine. Once.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
It's the kind of thing that should've appeared only in the game that spawned it/made it popular (Sword and Sworcery).

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Speaking of music tech and retro graphics when are indie nerds gonna make Genesis-likes. I want that real crunchy sound. I need it.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

quote:

Notice: While we do hope to be a success with the help of our fans around the world, we cannot accept any money gained by land theft or apartheid colonial practices. As a proud supporter of http://www.bdsmovement.net/ we must ask that Israeli citizens refrain from participating in our Kickstarter campaign until their country recognizes the rights of Native Palestinians and African immigrants.

It'd be cool if they took money from Saudis and the citizens of a score of other nations with human rights abuses as bad.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'd love to know what you guys would have made over sporting boycott of Apartheid-era South Africa, so much irrational anger ... :allears:

Not quite the same situation.

For instance, I've never met a nice South African.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Remind me again why he bought a house.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

ImpAtom posted:

That might explain it. I think that's a little dumb but hey, as long as it is getting made.

I dunno why you wouldn't chip in more than forty bucks for the best kickstarter yet posted to the site but hey to each their own.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Bear stimulator would be an interesting stretch goal for the dating sim crowd.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Segmentation Fault posted:

Dorkiness isn't really a great measure of how awful a game's going to be. These guys made Doom:

But their game had a not stupid as hell name though...

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
That FranknJon game looks cool but the name is also kinda bad. I'm also a weirdo and don't like hearing/seeing the developers talk about their game and would prefer to see a more trailer type video with all the explanations for poo poo in the text.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Shalinor posted:

They believe in what they're doing, and their mission is to make something entirely different from what everyone else is doing with games.

This is true, most try to make games.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Sometimes he's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWpKNfExRi4

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

MikeJF posted:

Fallout's pretty much the iconic Dieselpunk game, actually.

Fallout is atomicpunk...plebs...

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
I think the greatest letdown from Kickstarter thus far is Barkley 2 not reaching the Space Jam theme stretch goal. Yogscast got like 400k or whatever and Barkley 2, sequel to the greatest (and only even good) JRPG ever made, got like a fourth of that.

No accounting for taste I guess.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
I've backed two and they was Barkley 2 and Hyper Light Drifter.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Mods can we ban everyone who admits to not backing Barkley 2.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
How the hell do you back double digits projects let alone 26. There's been MAYBE at a stretch (heh) 6 worthwhile things to toss in for.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Inspector_666 posted:

I backed Wasteland 2, Torment, Project Eternity and Star Citizen (at the lowest price that would get me the game) and I feel fine about all of them, but I barely follow any of the updates.

Why are all mods monsters.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Tracula posted:

Literally the only thing I have ever kickstarted is Barkley 2. Can't say I ever felt inclined to throw money at anything else.

You're a good man.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Didn't they get half a million or something.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Suspicious Dish posted:

Has this one been posted yet? Timespinner

Metroidvania. It looks like most of the backgrounds have been ripped from Super Metroid, Megaman or SOTN directly. Still looks like it could turn out OK though.

All of this looks really cool minus the player character.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
These kickstarters that got insane money and still failed are really the best thing about kickstarter.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
The saddest thing about these giant kickstarter failures are all the good kickstarters that were far more deserving of all that money but didn't get anywhere near as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

mechaet posted:

As someone who has thrown money hand over fist back during the "lifetime insurance" days, I've spent literal thousands of dollars on Star Citizen.

I don't regret it; it's going to be amazing.

Pls don't troll.