Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

DemonNick posted:

You guys know Roberta Williams is making facebook games now, right?

Specifically she was hired last year to work on this:

Wow, that looks like every other Facebook game of that genre. I even heard Richard Garriot is working on a Britannia based browser game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

signalnoise posted:

Your Civilization has entered a Golden Age!

Golden goose, more like.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Yeah, when Caro sent me the link to his latest project in Syria it still was being considered by the site for at least 3 or 4 more days.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

In case you missed it Ellwood Barlett has posted a series of videos where he discusses the gameplay mechanics of Your World.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Looks like Leisure Suit Larry got its funding, it'll be interesting to see if it actually sells well once it's made.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Here's the first Wasteland 2 screenshot

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The BBC interviewed David Braben about the Elite Kickstarter
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20187897

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

AnonSpore posted:

Thanks for the heads up on this. Pledged, though 4 thousand left with 8 hours to go still looks up in the air to me.

$475 left with 6 hours to go, so I think they are safe.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I'm pretty much compelled to back anything vaguely Ultima related even if I think it'll be a pile of poo.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Tagichatn posted:

Infinite Space 3 kickstarter just launched. I was really excited until I realized it was the OTHER Infinte Space when I really loved the DS title. Oh well, Strange Adventures and Weird Worlds were pretty cool too. I'm still waiting for Drox Operative to go on Steam to get my space roguelike kick.

The original was a lot of fun, and had some good mods, so it's worth $10 just as a thank you for the original.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Stonehearth just hit $750,000, and is getting Dwarves.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Anyone remember the Paypal fiasco when SA raised $30k for victims of Hurricane Katrina? Paypal is awful, but it's basically ubiquitous at this point. :(

It sounds like they couldn't say who he was. It's still bad though. Just kind of bad all around.

They even blocked the Indiegogo for my blog in the last week because someone donated £1000. I was told I could expect my money in six months, which was the time period the Indiegogo was supposed to be funding me for. Luckily for me I have a lot of journalists following me on Twitter who contacted the president of Paypal directlym, resulting in this:

A few hours later Paypal called me and apologised for blocking the account, and reopend it.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Divinity: Original Sin has announced a release date of June 20th, with a "before and after Kickstarter" video to show how the project has developed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HevrTza0Nxg

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Mirificus posted:

The first hearing for the case against The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers writer is supposed to be on June 12th. The plaintiffs have posted a "Pretrial Message" on their website:

Does anywhere have a summary of what this all about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

HMS Boromir posted:

Dragon Age: Origins is one of the most profoundly unlikable games I can think of. I haven't seen anything at all of the second game, but if it's actually that much worse I'm scared to even watch a video of it lest it actually kill me somehow.

Imagine if you were playing an MMO which reused the same dungeons repeatedly for different side quests, the only difference being where enemies appear and which doors open, then you basically have DA2. It was absolute shite.