Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

DoctorTristan posted:

Speaking of deceitful liars, I was slightly surprised (and rather pleased) to see that Peter Molyneux's kickstarter is not yet funded. They're not even to the halfway point.

I've got my fingers crossed that it fails. gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ulgress posted:

Am I the only one that feels Notch is a sellout? Less than a year ago the guy made a Molyneux joke during Mojam, promising to over-promise and under-deliver. Today he's backing Peter?

So he makes one joke and he gotta hate the man forever?

Notch has always sucked a big one.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Just call me American McGoo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ClickerMonkey posted:

Fiddlesticks, what have I done?

Pissed us off.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

TyrsHTML posted:

Are you guys really arguing about game terms that are more than a decade old?

Nerds. Nerds never change.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Toffile posted:

was tripping on dildos in the office.

This is a larger problem than you might assume.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I agree entirely. Euros and pounds are such turn offs. I can barely get it up when trying to convert from euros to dollar amounts. Australia, Canada and American dollars are all around the same G-spot.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Arnold of Soissons posted:

I'm glad I finally clicked through on that link, because I've been wondering why the hell everybody was typing monetary amount followed by an L. US goons need to set their keyboard to use alt-grp so they can make an easy £.

Euro goons just need to stop worrying and love the fact that we aren't typing it lb. :v:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
oh no a new fangled method of acquiring funding for electronic entertainment software by sidestepping the traditional funding techniques runs into a first world problem

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Its in franks though.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Game design is really hard :( I've been trying to write a game for a while and I can't design it to be fun.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Zenith Nadir posted:

Humans Must Answer, the 2D space shooter by ex-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. devs, is in its final fundraiser week and needs a cash infusion to make it!

I always got the sense that the STALKER devs never really liked me, or any of their customers. Thats great in a russian style FPS but a 2d shootemup is a game that you want the devs to love you katamari damancy style.

Plus its in franks or whatever.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Don't even try to donate to projects in foreign currencies; it just doesn't work right.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

Pretty sure it automatically gets converted. I've backed two American projects (PE and Torment) so far without any payment problems.

Those aren't foreign projects. :3: They are American projects.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Verdugo posted:

I would, but Anna Anthropy generates the biggest :rolleyes: from me ever, and I am definitely not backing a project that has her writing.

Why is she so lovely?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Shalinor posted:

Yikes. I don't see Dark Matter making it. 2,490 / 50,000 with 20 days left.

... I really do wonder how much having a non-$ currency hurts these. Their presentation has other issues (that splash image, god drat), but the non-$ currency seems to have a real impact. Couldn't Kickstarter swap it out so that it shows converted currency relative to the user, instead of the project?

I certainly don't donate to projects listed in moon dollars.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I don't even consider projects in moon dollars.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Its actually tough figuring out a conversion rate from money to franks or whatever that symbol stands for.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
edit aaaaaaah moonies

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
If you want my money its gotta be greenbacks.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress moondollars.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'd pledge if it wasn't in moon dollars.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Chairchucker posted:

I can't tell if you're a real person or a construct designed to talk about 'moon dollars' and nothing else.

Hey I'm just doing my part to help there be a day where Kickstarter just lists prices in dollars.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Also on this occasion I was poking a little fun: its a moon game.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I've regretted every kickstarter I supported.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Can I donate in dollars?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Can't you just show up to a con with a bunch of stickers of companies you don't like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

diadem posted:

I took a massive paycut to follow my dream, which involves making people happy. I saved personal funds for a long time, living off ramen instead of lobster and steak I was used to. I quit my job which would have provided for me personally so that I can focus on my project. I made sure my employees got paid while I took nothing. When I reach a point where I can show what I've made and am capable of I ask for help. I am making sure I avoid payment channels that would insist making the game pay to win.

I've been honest and upfront this whole time, and now you call me scummy?

Boo loving hoo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)