Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hostile Rabbi
Jun 25, 2005

by Ralp
The Banner Saga Kickstarter
The SA thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hostile Rabbi
Jun 25, 2005

by Ralp

AntiPseudonym posted:

Well, Rob Swigart just cancelled the Portal Kickstarter, and he plans on relaunching it with a longer timeframe and a lower goal (As well a scaled back project).

Probably the best decision, although I'm worried that $550k is still going to be a bit rich for a project that's working on so many unknowns.

I want this to succeed because it seems really interesting, but I don't think the guy really has the production chops to see the thing through to completion. Hopefully he can team up with some known studio to make the game, but until then I think I'm out.

Hostile Rabbi
Jun 25, 2005

by Ralp

Quarex posted:

Methinks someone did not bother Googling "did someone already make a zombie Oregon Trail" before starting:

http://hatsproductions.com/organtrail.html (pretty great reimagining of the original in a retro style, incidentally!)

It's the same guys doing the Kickstarter version. They have a link to it at the top of that page.

Hostile Rabbi
Jun 25, 2005

by Ralp

ToxicFrog posted:

What? No it isn't. The Organ Trail guys are doing Organ Trail: Director's Cut, which is not the same thing as Zombie Oregon Trail.

Oh, I thought everyone was talking about the Kickstarter that the guys who did the Organ Trail game made. I didn't realize someone put up a new one for the exact same idea.

Hostile Rabbi
Jun 25, 2005

by Ralp

anotherone posted:

Would people feel better about the PA thing if, instead of going through Kickstarter, they sold a $25 "membership" that was basically just a login that removed the ads and gave you access to a few special featured comics or something? Lots of webcomics have been doing that for a long time and nobody seems to have any problem with it.

Given that (almost) everyone posting in this thread paid :10bux: to post on SA, I don't think there would be too much righteous indignation.

This whole thing is just weird.