Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

What's stopping me from getting funding then just not finishing the game? This is the one thing I can't figure out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

tinaun posted:

Octopus city blues has only 20 hours left to go in its campaign for the most authentic Octopus City simulation out there. $1 gets you dinner with the creator! (airfare to Kuwait, lodging, and food not included.)

Seriously, this looks like a cool game and I hope it gets the extra $2000 for the New Game +++ stretch goal. I'd use it.

Hey I know this guy's brother! Kuwait is a small place. I guess I should feel guilty for not funding this.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

JossiRossi posted:

That's using Kickstarter like the first round of venture capitalist money, except without the pesky issue of having to pay your funders a cut of the profits. Which as the Oculus Rift sale showed pisses people off big time.

I mean, you're paying for a copy of the game. You're not an investor at all, they're basically taking a very early pre-order. Sometimes you pre-order a game based on hype and it turns out differently from what you thought.