Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamboning
May 2, 2010
If they're going by what's been done in 4th Ed, then temp hp goes over your max anyway. Unless I'm mis-reading your post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamboning
May 2, 2010
Yes, making sure everyone sent a copy was under an NDA sure is "submitting it blindly".

They have asked those under the NDA not to do in-depth discussions of the mechanics until at least the second round of playtesting, and don't want people not actively involved in the playtest to just be able to download it. They are trying to prevent the same poo poo that happened before 4e.

But you're going to keep droning about 'the way these things work on the internet', so don't mind me.

Hamboning
May 2, 2010

Hallgerd posted:

That's basically getting additional levels of investment over any non-Strong Positive investment though.

e: I am dumb, you mean you'd sacrifice those points in redistribution? That seems kind of weird, why do you suddenly lack support now that you're in close with an Icon?

I'd imagine it's more like your characters alignments and relationship with the Icons changing, distancing yourself from the Archmage as you gain favor with the Emperor, stuff like that.

Hamboning
May 2, 2010

Laphroaig posted:

I think that might be the whole point behind their being Buddhist Monks, Mongol.

Speaking of, they'd be bad 13th Age characters, since "Escaping the great wheel of karma through meditation" is not a really good Heroic Motivation.

A fundamental feeling of oneness with the world should make for good technical writing, though.

Hamboning
May 2, 2010

Simon Rogers posted:

That looks like a whole hell of a lot of fun. My compliments to Hamboning on Siegfried in particular.

Oh gosh :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamboning
May 2, 2010
Positioning is abstracted to engaged, nearby, or far away. In your first scenario, the first two orcs would engage the fighter, make grab attempts, thus granting the third orc some sort of advantage on the attack.

Honestly, it sounds like you're trying to get the game to do something it is not at all designed to do.

• Locked thread