Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Tweet also made Everway, the OG Narrativist Karma-Resolution system. He's kinda a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Captain Bravo posted:

Seriously, though, from what I've heard so far this sounds like the absolute best way to introduce someone to a pen and paper RPG.

That's a very strong statement, but I could give you "a D&D-esque RPG." Even then, there's stiff competition, like Dungeon World.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

The preferred solution is for people to play a game with a consistent level of complexity which matches what they want that day.

Also:

"You sayin' I like swine?!!"
_________/

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Locus Cosecant posted:

This sounds really interesting, but I gotta say I'm worried about how much storygaming nonsense is going to end up in it. Can the "collaborative storytelling" bits be cut out if we just want a mechanically-improved version of 4e, or is it woven into the system at a deep level?

It's not exactly what you were asking for, but have you considered World of Warcraft?.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

Personally, I think it's a little silly they're keeping something this amazing under wraps, even incomplete (entire sections are missing, leaving only headers--it's like an incomplete geocities page) but I can see how a major figure behind 4e would be paranoid about people hearing pre-release information, making a snap judgement, and deciding to spend the next five years badmouthing it regarding things that aren't remotely true.

Someone buy a banner ad for this thread that says "Did you like the red box? AD&D? 3.5? THEN gently caress YOU"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

We named the dog Orc Slayer!

• Locked thread