Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
The big thing I've heard about Temple of Elemental Evil (the newer one) is the Circle of Eight modpack. GoG linky here. It's mostly bug fixes, but it does add some content like new quests as well. Heavily recommended for the "complete" ToEE experience.

EDIT: Also, from experience I can tell you that vanilla ToEE is RIDDLED with bugs. So an experience without the drat thing crashing to desktop every half an hour would be fantastic.

Spincut fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Camel of the Sea posted:

I still have my Ultima I-VI compilation CD (that may itself have come in one of those bundles). I played every game on it at least a little, except for II. It always failed to even install. It was only a couple years ago that I finally found out anything about the game.

Speaking of compilations, did anyone else have this?

King's Quest II, Populous, Magic Candle III, Might and Magic III, and The Summoning, which I'm not convinced anyone else has ever played. Good stuff.

Holy poo poo, I HAD THAT! :aaa: I was trying to figure out how I had owned and played Magic Candle 3, and that was it!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

oswald ownenstein posted:

Icewind Dale is a loving fantastic crawler and I'd be happy with a lot more games just like it in the same engine.

Icewind Dale talk! I just started playing for the first time and I'm trying not to die currently. I'm rolling with a Paladin, Fighter, Ranger, Thief, Cleric, and Mage and it seems like it will work out, but I'm still level 1 so it's hard to tell.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Megadyptes posted:

I've never even heard of Crusader of Might & Magic before

Here's my public service announcement for the day:

:siren:Do not play this lovely, buggy game.:siren:

I did a (pretty bad, looking back on it) Let's Play of it a couple of years ago, and I will never touch that awful piece of crap ever again. If you must, play the PSX version, as it seems much more in-depth and almost like a completely different game.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

dud root posted:

:siren: Since my favourite old school game is on sale, its time for some :gifttank:
Giving away 5 copies of Quest for Glory 1-5. Post a valid email address!

To the winners: If you are new to QfG I'd suggest starting with 1remake, then download AGD Interactives remake of 2, then continue through the series. 3 & 4 are by far the best.

Gifting an additional 5 in the GoG thread. Ill send the gifts later tonight (in about 12 hours). Is there anyway to gift a game multiple times from Gog in the same transaction?

Wow, thanks! I was always interested in these. E-mail is Spincut at gmail dot com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

dud root posted:

QfG gifts sent. Enjoy!

Its worth taking the time to setup the sound properly. The install on my machine had the percussion from Qfg3&4 sound like oohhs & ahhhs instead of drums. Checkout a youtube of the intro music to see what it should sound like, then adjust DOSBOX settings or the install.exe in each QfG folder until it matches.

Got mine, thank you!