Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Jordan7hm posted:

If you look at the bottom center left of the screen there's an area that says "Redeem Gift".

Or you can just use this link: https://secure.gog.com/en/redeem

e: I find it so bizare that Vogel's games are being sold for almost nothing now. He was the posterchild for indie developers pricing their games in the ~20$ range.

As I understand it he took (what he considered to be) a gamble on Avadon by pricing it appropriately for the new markets he was selling in (Steam and iOS App Store) and it payed off big time so his mind has been changed regarding pricing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Chef Boyardee posted:

people disappear but their hats and beards remain

How can you mention this without a screenshot?!

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Genpei Turtle posted:

I'm legitimately curious as to why the opinion that Gothic 3 is crappy even with patches is so common, since the game has so much going for it.

Well there's the fact that, even with all the community patches, you can still be murdered by most wildlife because they'll just run up to you and stunlock you. I agree the game has a lot going for it but the combat is SO BAD.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Genpei Turtle posted:

But they don't though? Stunlocking animals was like one of the first things they fixed in the community patches. They're still aggressive and potentially deadly but they don't attack so fast that you can't escape any more. You always have a window to dodge out of the way after their first attack hits now. For some animals that window is small but it's always there, so long as you know what you're doing.

Ed: specifically, the Alternative AI option in the community patch is what you want. The only time you can possibly get stunlocked by animals is if you hit them too much in quick succession and activate their rage mode, where they can hit you a few times in a row if you're unlucky.

I dunno, it still happened to me with the community patches. Maybe I didn't have Alternative AI on. This was quite a while ago though.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Ever crack.

I'm just going to bitch here. Tried all day to beat the fall of steadwick in the HoMM3 stock campaign. I finally win because the AI sent the big bad dude guarding the castle to a windmill for +500 gold and I was able to waltz in and kill 30 pikemen and some griffons.

I thought this was supposed to be the pinnacle for fantasy TBS game design.

What difficulty were you playing on? The AI isn't usually THAT dumb.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Normal. There was a hero there, and he had an army. It just couldn't hold up to a stack of 15 archdevils and black dragons. I had lost several times because the general had 255 griffons, 40 cavaliers/crusaders, 80 zealots, etc. I couldn't figure out how to crack that nut because I am new to the genre. It was quite a surprise to ride up on day 1 of the week and see him at a windmill.

Bizarre. If you had a very high movement for whatever reason maybe it didn't consider you able to make it to the castle before it got back. In my experience the AI won't budge off a town if there's a strong hero around.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

JustJeff88 posted:

Apart from those 2, I am having a hard time thinking of any more classic D&D-based PC games for GOG to resurrect.

Fantasy Empires, Dark Sun: Shattered Lands, Stronghold, etc. There were a shitload of forgotten realms PC games.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Genpei Turtle posted:

Dark Sun: Shattered Lands isn't a Forgotten Realms game. ;)

Ha I suppose that is obviously true. I guess those games are so entwined together in my childhood memories that I can't separate them. GOG still needs to get that poo poo though :)

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Yo, I got that CRPG book and it's been my evening reading for a little while. It kicks rear end, well worth the money. Makes me want to play some of these games. I will not play any of these games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal
If you do play it, use Arx Libertatis. It's a good game, if somewhat janky.