Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I might as well post this tech support tip here since I can't find the Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics thread right now. If you're playing Fallout 2 on Windows 7 and your colors are messed up (black pixels appear to be multicolored), right click your desktop and hit Personalize. This should bring up the menu for changing your screen resolution. Leave that window open and launch FO2.

I have no clue why this works, but I had this problem and having the screen resolution window open while playing fixed it every time. I think this problem also happens with Fallout 1 but I don't remember for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Man, I'm getting the bug to play Arcanum for the third time. The first time I played was years ago and I tried to make a gunslinger without any prior knowledge about the game and at that time I wasn't reading any RPG forums or anything like that. I got so frustrated with my almost cartoonishly bad attempts to kill people that I uninstalled without a second thought.

Second time through was years later when I bought the game on GoG. I made a mage and it was the exact opposite experience. I did just the tiniest bit of grinding in the early game and now I had a character where not even halfway through I could disintegrate any enemy and stop time. I blew through it and playing a harm or lightning bolt guy just gets old. This is supposed to be a setting where magic is getting weaker and technology is getting stronger, which pissed me off because that's not represented in game at all.

I'd love to play a tech or crafting character of some sort. Guess I know what I'm doing with my weekend.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Quarex posted:

I am starting to wonder if any musicians in the entire history of gaming have ever written original music. No, but it is amazing just how much game music is blatantly derivative of previous work (often popular work, at that).

Mark Morgan - Vats of Goo

Brian Eno - Alternative III

Finding out that your favorite video game soundtracks are straight up plagiarized versions of Koyanisqaatsi or whatever really kills the magic... but it's also fun trying to figure out who your favorite video game composers stole from, like trying to identify samples in hip hop instrumentals.