Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
After watching Blood and Chrome, I don't feel so bad that BSG is done forever. Caprica was alright, not the best, but alright. Blood and Chrome was entirely stupid. I kept waiting for something interesting to happen but it was just a bunch of nothing. The only real plot to this thing was Adama getting his call sign which is relevant to maybe three scenes in all of BSG. They got a chance to tell more to the BSG story and this was the best they could come up with. Not only that, but it appears to go against the established canon. What was with those cylons? Why didn't they look anything like the cylons from the flashbacks in BSG or the ones from Caprica. What was that planet? I got the impression that the 12 colonies were all there was for human civilization.

Really sucks that such a great show got such lovely spinoffs. The switcharoo at the end of Caprica is really dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I've been sick so I'm watching this show again. Five minutes after he's told his girlfriend is a Cylon who's been manipulating his enormous ego and he realizes he's about to be responsible for the end of humanity, his first question is "but how many people know I'm involved?"

:allears: Baltar.

Steve Higginson
Oct 21, 2005
NO NO NO we do not have images of fat guys sucking each others dicks in our custom titles!
I'm rewatching for the eighth time and I'm at Escape Velocity in Season 4. It's got that scene where a bereaved Chief messes up repairs to Skulls and Racetrack's Raptor and they completely overdid the CGI of them crashing it. A flaming, charred black husk of metal bounces along the flight pod deck and the next scene the two of them are standing over Tyrol, not a scratch, screaming about how they could've been killed.

I've decided that they must have actually been killed and then, like Starbuck, they were brought back as angels to do God's bidding. After all, it is the hand of Racetrack that destroys the Colony and allows them to find Earth 2.

It's a lot more fun on this rewatch deciding that every coincidence and tiny action that affects the plot is a deliberate action of God, like the ballot typo that stops Roslin stealing the election from Baltar or Lampkin stealing something from Kelly that was incriminating.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Can't really enjoy the show without deus ex machina in the back of your mind

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I'm rewatching this show for the second time and I love it. Pudgy Lee Adama at the start of season three is just great.

'Keep jumping'.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Octy posted:

I'm rewatching this show for the second time and I love it. Pudgy Lee Adama at the start of season three is just great.

'Keep jumping'.

Lee was the best character ever, he was always written 'just as he should be for this particular plot line'. Fat Lee was written in, and then completely dismissed with one sentence in the gym. Its awesome.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lee talk I never got that bit where he got all melodramatic and apathetic after that little epiphany from the near death experience. And the whole bit with falling in love with the prostitute. Did I miss something blatant? What were they going for there?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He was paying a prostitute to have sex with him then he fell in love with her and thought if he could take her away from all that she'd love him too. She didn't.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Lee talk I never got that bit where he got all melodramatic and apathetic after that little epiphany from the near death experience. And the whole bit with falling in love with the prostitute. Did I miss something blatant? What were they going for there?

They had no idea what to do with Lee's character. I buy it all as a result of almost dying and I can see him falling in love with a prostitute because Lee's a melodramatic sap like that, but the whole 'running out on his wife' thing was absurd, particularly when no one mentioned his wife beforehand and Lee, as a character, is known for extreme loyalty to people and causes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That same ol loyal Lee who was two timing Dualla with Starbuck.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Spoeank posted:

That same ol loyal Lee who was two timing Dualla with Starbuck.

Lee's whole relationship with Dee was based on a :qq: gently caress YOU STARBUCK :qq: premise though.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Lee's such a snot. Remember when he got pissed that his old man was thinking about bumping off Cain, and as he's getting ready to tear off in a huff to tell mommy, Adama says something like "yeah gotta hand it to the President, she's way tougher than I'd have guessed" and Lee just can't loving deal with it.

"B-b-but I thought civilian governments were totally moral and upstanding :qq: "

I mean, honestly, my opinion, that's Lee. He just can't loving deal.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Nothing in the universe works the way Lee thinks it should/in the way he has romanticized it and he gets all huffy and fussy every single time the veneer of perfection he's built up around a particular person, group or ideal breaks apart just a little bit.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Lee is super idealistic. He thinks things will always work out for the best, people will always make the right choices, everyone will cooperate and get along to find a compromise that works for everybody, and in the end the good guy will get the girl. When things don't turn out that way his brain breaks a little bit and he goes off the rails to do what he thinks is right regardless of the consequences, and more often than not he's literally the only person doing that and turns out just alienating everybody. Best example of this is him pulling his gun on Tigh when they're trying to arrest Roslin at the end of season one, and then she just backs down anyway so he did it for no reason.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

vyelkin posted:

Lee is super idealistic. He thinks things will always work out for the best, people will always make the right choices, everyone will cooperate and get along to find a compromise that works for everybody, and in the end the good guy will get the girl. When things don't turn out that way his brain breaks a little bit and he goes off the rails to do what he thinks is right regardless of the consequences, and more often than not he's literally the only person doing that and turns out just alienating everybody. Best example of this is him pulling his gun on Tigh when they're trying to arrest Roslin at the end of season one, and then she just backs down anyway so he did it for no reason.

He couldn't even get the girl, she vanished on him.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

He couldn't even get the girl, she vanished on him.

I thought she was a bird? She probably just flew away. A lot of people miss that IMO.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Sweet Dee was on Battlestar?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Shbobdb posted:

Sweet Dee was on Battlestar?

Welp I was busy searching for Kaitlin Olson headshots to photoshop onto Starbuck's body but I guess I can stop now.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I did want to say that it was pretty loving amazing that God's plan basically amounted to whipping the violence out of humanity. God was Humanity's abusive boyfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

"B-b-but I thought civilian governments were totally moral and upstanding :qq: "

This will always be my favorite thing about BSG. The former teacher now head of the civilian government is as cold and ruthlessly pragmatic as they come.

Spoeank posted:

Welp I was busy searching for Kaitlin Olson headshots to photoshop onto Starbuck's body but I guess I can stop now.

Later boners *poof*

• Locked thread