Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I just convinced a friend to start watching BSG; she finished the miniseries tonight. I was watching on Netflix the same time as she was, and now I'm stuck reliving the series through the music available on youtube. I only just now discovered Bear playing his songs on the piano. I am so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
How can I convince a friend that just started watching to keep watching? She's at the point in season 1 where the 'God' in the show is starting to be apparent, at least as far as Baltar/Head Six are concerned. She's also a pretty diehard atheist, so now she just thinks it's all "stupid." She seemed to be enjoying the show up until now.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

incredible bear posted:

Get better friends.

That's actually really good advice. =/

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

Renzian posted:

Hey, just discovered this and thought that this thread (which is like BSG-fan central on these forums) would really appreciate it: Diaspora: Shattered Armistice, a Freespace 2 BSG full conversion space combat sim, just got released. Haven't tried it yet, but will be in the next few minutes when the download finishes. Just thought that all the BSG fans here would love to play a game like this, heh.

EDIT: Also, here's the release trailer

That's the second time someone's posted this amazing piece of work in this thread and it got ignored. Everyone not paying attention is missing out :(

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

DarkCrawler posted:

Razor is good that it gave us more of Pegasus (the best ship ever) but bad in that it made ambiguously immoral Cain into just full blown GENERAL E-VILL!

Compared to the Plan it's a masterpiece though.

How is she 'ambiguously immoral'? It makes it pretty clear in the show that she murdered her first XO.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

Teek posted:

One funny thing, is the censoring for the web and Syfy, the convenient wrench dropping during the moment someone says "poo poo" is pretty funny. I would guess the home video release is uncut since the past releases were like that.

Odd that you say this, it totally took me out of the show. I would prefer they just bleep it like in Southland. Oh well. I'll still watch it, and when the unrated version comes out, I'll watch it again.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

God that is depressing. :( I miss the real sets.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
All the poo poo-talking about The Plan is overlooking the best line of dialogue in any BSG or BSG-related production.

"Well his jacket was burgundy. This is teal."

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r28iDTNzCE

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Man, season 1 is so good. Every once in a while, a friend will bring up the show, and I'll want to watch some. I think I end up watching Act of Contrition more than any, because it's got the right mix of the characters that I love and some space pew pew to mix it up. The line "Do your job. And walk out of this cabin while you still can." kills me every time.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Hero, Woman King, Black Market... I think there's a 4th I pretty much always skip.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Just remembered. I tend to skip the one where Chief goes on strike, Dirty Hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

DirtyRobot posted:

Oswalt had cool (and positive) things to say about the role on an AV Club interview. The guy was right for the part in so many ways.

He was awesome in Justified, too.

• Locked thread