Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adama
May 28, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Just watched the trailer that was posted- I think it looks fantastic CGI and action-wise... but did anyone else notice what looks like an alien tentacle at 1:19-:20? I thought aliens were a big no-no in the BSG world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adama
May 28, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

haveblue posted:

Throughout seasons 2 and 3, there was a lot of pressure on the show to become more episodic. Also, halfway through season 4, the industry-wide writers' strike happened.

Moore has always maintained that he knew how the series was going to end, the problem was that he never seemed to put much work into aiming at that from the place the show was at any given time, resulting in the clumsy dragging together of threads at the end.

The impression that I always had was that Moore planned short-term while having certain major events planned in advance, such as:

:chord: Yeah, and then they'll find "Earth", but it's a nuclear wasteland!

until the:

:staredog:: OH poo poo- how much time do we have to do it?!?! Assemble the writers from Star-Trek... no, Voyager...

Adama
May 28, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The Cylons fought with swords during the First Cylon War?

• Locked thread