Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Would this be the right place to talk about the main series? I'm marathoning through it right now and I'm currently about halfway through Season 2, right after Admiral Cain(?) dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I guess I'll share my thoughts so far, then. Holy poo poo this show really owns and wasn't what I was expecting. There's far more character growth and drama than I had thought and the battle scenes are really great. Admiral adama is the loving champ and gets poo poo done. Starbuck, Apollo and roslin are all great too and even some of the more minor characters are great. The only complaint I have is loving Boomer. Ever since she was found to be a cylon, all she does it bitch and moan about how no one trusts her even though her loving race genocided humanity. I couldn't give two shits about her or her loving baby and I'm hoping she heads back to cylon base or something. I am enjoying the cylon themselves though and I'm still confused as to what the hell they're trying to do. Great show so far but I heard season 3 and 4 aren't up to par?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Well I'm almost done with Season 2, just have the two season finale episodes left. The past few episodes have been a little lackluster but episode 18 was loving amazing. I loved seeing Baltar on the other side of the fence as he talked to #6 on Caprica. All those conversations were fantastic and having Anders back was a plus. Pegasus is still my favorite episode of the season but drat was the latest episode great too.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Well I just started Season 3 and what the hell is happening?! People married, have children, galactica gone to poo poo, Apollo being a pussy, baltar being president, holy gently caress. There's so much going on and it's hard to keep up with the sudden lightning-fast pace. Also, gently caress baltar.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Oh, drat I just got to the disease episode. Exodus was honestly the best part of the show so far and the Pegasus crashing the gently caress out of the basestars was the highlight. I'm really liking the depth that they're putting into the cylons and how we get to see their inner thought process.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Well I just finished Hero and I'm a little confused. I thought Adama had always served on the Galactica but apparently he was forced there after apparently starting the Cylon war? I always had the impression that he had served on the Galactica a long rear end time and knew everybody on the ship.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Well I just finished Woman King and god drat was that episode boring. I didn't give a poo poo about the Sagitarrons or that boring doctor. I do have a question though from the prior episode. Zarek tells Roslin that the trial will ruin the fleet. How exactly is it going to ruin the fleet if baltar has a trial?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

DirtyRobot posted:

This is explained in "Collaborators." Zarek is the one who authorized the secret trials, because he doesn't want the accused to get lawyers, and thus the chance to turn their trial into a spectacle, such that the accused can be turned into martyrs. He wants them to just disappear, with no ruckus or anything, because, he says, that's what they deserve. Also, there's some further bullshit about Roslin nod needing to have any blood on her hands.

Awesome, thanks for that. Well starbuck died for some reason that I don't really get. I'm assuming she's a final Five and that's her destiny but why she had to disintegrate her raptor confused me. I guess so she could respawn on the resurrection ship? Also, what's up with the whole Eye of Jupiter? So it was a drawing of a supernova that was supposed to help them by blowing up a sun?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Well I finished Season 3. The court room drama was beyond boring but once the final five appeared the episode turned loving awesome. So Tigh, Tyrol, Ander, that random press lady and Starbuck are the final five, I'm assuming. The only thing that bothers me is that that dumb press lady ends up being a final five. I don't even know her name and she's had no impact at all on the story up until now. It would have been more meaningful to have an actually important person like Felix or Tigh's wife be a final five instead of this random chick.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

HoveringCheesecake posted:

Billy's actor had to leave to film a (failed) NBC pilot, so they brought in Tory. Most people agree that her character is awful. As has been said, if he was still around I have no doubt that he would have been one of the Final Five. Everyone else was in a position of power/was able to influence those in power.

Also, your court room opinion is wrong. :colbert: Also, lol @ part of your post. No spoilers. :)

Ah, that makes much more sense now. Billy being a cylon would have a hell of a lot more impact. I'll admit that Lee's speech was pretty loving great but I usually find trial drama extremely boring.

On another note, I just finished Razor and although I really liked it, I was a little confused by what was happening. Was that supposed to be a reference to the original series? I've never seen the original so I don't know what the old dude in the stasis tank was talking about or what the hell the cylons were trying to do. Were they trying to create the cylon-human models by experimenting with humans?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Well, it's official. Roslins Aide is the worst character on this show by far. She's a smug, insufferable, murderous pile of poo poo that just killed Cally. Every character has their own set of flaws but I can't find a single redeeming trait about that bitch. Now only is she nuts, she's loving boring to watch too. :argh:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I hate to say this but I'm almost wishing Starbuck had stayed dead. Her entire character is loving annoying as hell now, making absurd leaps of logic to trusting this rear end in a top hat, creeplord Cylon. She dicked around on the Demetrius for 58 days on a bunch of hunches that got them nowhere. I'm only partway through the season so I'm sure she'll get better but I can't stand her right now. :(

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
God drat, the mid-season finale of season 4 and the following episode were loving intense. From the final four revealing themselves to war-torn Earth to Dee blowing her brains out out of nowhere to Ellen being a final Five. :psyduck:

I thought Starbuck was a final five, seeing as she died and somehow came back to life. I guess it's sort of how there were thirteen tribes and she's the thirteenth? gently caress if I know.

So I'm guessing that this was the Earth predicted and that it used to be a Cylon tribe but nuked itself, I'm guessing. Also, Calvin seems to be pulling a ton of strings so did he know that the Earth they were going to find was a pile of radioactive garbage or no?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Well finished the mutiny arc, which was really loving good. I felt pretty drat bad for Gaetta at the end, even though he was a treacherous bastard. :smith:

gently caress Zarek though, I'm glad he finally ate a bullet. The entire arc was really well done and the tension as the Galactica was taken over was fantastic, almost rivaling the Containment camps on New Caprica.

However, the two episodes after that have been pretty lackluster. I liked seeing Ellen dominate Calvin but all the other ensuing crap has been pretty boring. I don't care about the Tigh/Ellen/Caprica 6 love triangle or the baby. Also, I hope Ander's monologues are going to be further explained because I have no idea what the gently caress he was rambling about. Something about cylons building cylons to understand human emotions or something? Anyway, two more episodes until the three-part Daybreak.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
God drat that was a ride. Finished the series tonight after marathoning through the rest of the season. So many drat good moments in the finale, from Adama's last speech to the massive assault on the Cylon ship. The flashbacks were really well done and pretty damned touching and served as a good bookend. Lee and Will parting had me pretty upset. :smith: However, I'm glad that loving Boomer, Foster and calvin got their just desserts and killed. Now, though, I have a few lingering questions that I hope the smarter of you in this thread can help me understand. :)

1) What the gently caress was up with starbuck? I understand she was an angel but how did she just up and disappear like that? How did she get a perfectly intact Viper back to the fleet?

2) How was there a second Earth? After the first Earth was nuked, did the cylons rebuild another one or did there just happen to be a second, identical earth that was floating around?

3) Can someone explain the whole history of the Cylons? I really don't get what the final five did and how they set everything into motion. If the original 13th colony was made by Cylons, who made those Cylons?

4) Who was Daniel and why was Ellen so shocked when he was killed? I don't remember him popping up at all.

5) What was up with Projection Baltar and Caprica 6 strolling around town? Were they actual people or was it supposed to be symbolic?

6) What was the Cylon plan all along that they kept showing on the intros? To have a human and Cylon fall in love so they could procreate without having to revert to a resurrection hub?

7) What was the point of the Final Five? They led the fleet to hosed up Earth then did jack poo poo during the final showdown.

Overall, I didn't mind the ending too much but I'd be interested in hearing why people seemed to loathe it so much and compare it to ME3's truly lovely ending.

edit; added a few more questions.

VaultAggie fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jul 4, 2012

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Awesome, thanks for the replies guys. I saw Caprica on Netflix; is it worth watching the entire season or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Doc Cottle really is awesome. I love in the finale when he signs up for the suicide mission and Adama politely tells him the fleet needs him. :allears:

• Locked thread