Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Langolas posted:

Alls I have to do is mention Alien 3.... What an AWFUL movie. Some people like it, to each their own but I personally HATED it. There can always be good and bad to a sequel/prequel.

Caprica was decent in its own way, they just had too much belly aching and crying with the robot girl being obnoxious. I wanted to see more killing by the gay mobster uncle of zit face future admiral. That guy was seriously a badass waiting to be un-caged.

Alien 3 owns. But it's unlike both previous movies. If you approach it wanting a horror movie or an action movie you won't like it, because it isn't either of those things.

Caprica was just handled really poorly. I don't know what went on behind the scenes but that show needed radically different pacing and far less emphasis on that whole virtual world MMOPRG bullshit. By the end it got legit good, but getting there was excruciating and it hemorrhaged viewers because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Caprica really did get good. :(

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The miniseries was actually kind of boring compared to the rest of the show.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I think the consensus is that they never actually had a plan.

If you listened to the podcasts at all it's not hard to believe.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I wouldn't bother with The Plan because it's clear the cylons and the creators of the show didn't have one.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

VaultAggie posted:

Great show so far but I heard season 3 and 4 aren't up to par?

Stop halfway through season 4. It's a perfectly good end point and the show is complete dogshit after that.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DirtyRobot posted:

IRQ's opinion regarding the latter half of season four is relatively popular, but by no means universal. So basically you should watch the entire thing and decide for yourself.

I don't think I've ever met someone who liked how BSG ended. Anecdotal, yeah, but my god was that ending a non-sensical shitshow that ignored major plots, relationships, and any semblance of logic. And no I am not in any way talking about the supernatural elements of the show. The end just makes literally no loving sense to a rational person. The cylons had no plan. The humans are dumber than the average lemming, and the finale is Star Wars prequels levels of loving stupid franchise-ruining stupidity.

The last half season of that show ruins everything before it.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 11, 2012

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

incredible bear posted:

The last ten episodes of BSG are amazing. Every episode is amazing. I love BSG. It's my favourite show. Everything is great. Every drat minute. I hate you all.

You probably also like Hitler.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Thwomp posted:

No it's not. Just look how quickly people decided to stay on New Caprica. Now that was a shithole planet and even with their technology, life was still hard. But the colonials wanted to settle somewhere because living in a ship sucked rear end.

Now they're presented with a perfect planet, a Galactica that's pretty completely broken, and the main Cylon threat gone. However, everything that drove them to this place was due in part to their failure with technology. So Lee's idea of laying down all their arms, technology, and worries to start a new existence by making a return to nature is a pretty powerful one.

I imagine the couple hundred people who likely won't live out the year without modern medicine would be slightly averse to going back to the days of eating spiders and trying to spear mammoths with sharpened sticks. Call it a hunch.

Nothing about that ending makes any sense. Nothing at all.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

LooseChanj posted:

Lots of people today live their entire lives without modern medicine. Which the colonials didn't really have left anyway. So that's a pretty weak argument. I agree that it's pretty insane to think every colonial lived happily ever after, but that wasn't the point. It's that they survived as a species.

They had a ship for manufacturing every other drat thing, why do you think there wasn't an insulin ship?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Flatscan posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the future president of the united states.

Obama is pretty much already doing that. We should redesign Predator drones to look more like cylon fighters.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Wasn't Badger/Head Cat in Black Market? Either one of them is enough to make it ok.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That Rough Beast posted:

The writers hated the poo poo out of Cally. Possibly because she stank of cabbage.

Also, the worst thing about the trial sequence was Romo Lampkin. He feels like he stopped over from a Joss Whedon show or something.

You mean Badger. And that's because he did. :love: headcat :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

If our ancestors had been a highly educated technologically advanced society we would, though.

Which is another reason why abandoning all technology was loving retarded, but we've been over this.

• Locked thread