Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Chamale posted:

With a major conflict between two superpowers looking more and more likely, the US was thrown into disarray when President :mitt: and several members of his staff were assassinated on November 13, 2014 by a Syrian loyalist terrorist. Acting quickly, new President :newt: managed to spin the assassination by placing the blame for its funding and planning on Russian intelligence members.

Hey, brighten up: Newt promised us a moonbase by the end of his second term. There might even be open deposits of Sorium there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or1Mb1Vje1Q

A vote for the U.N., and sign me up as a researcher!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Just a question, what's the in-game explanation for our space-race? Didn't see any hints that there were any off-world deposits of this sorium stuff. Also for the sake of speed and sanity, I assume the first round of spaceships will be unarmed, and designed by you? Can't wait for this to get up and going!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Just did a rough tally, and these are the results so far:

Eurasian Federation: 5 votes
United Nations: 10 votes.

So if you want to play as the space-commies, then you better get voting!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I'll throw my hat into the ring for Policy Maker. Next to no idea of how the game works but if Dwarf Fortress is any indication then ignorance of the rules just makes the whole thing even more !!fun!!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Slaan posted:

I say this calls for Glassing The Planet To Save The Planet.

Like I said, we need to knock those dirty commies off world as soon as possible. Get them a cozy spot on Triton or something.

Also, I remember reading an LP by the game creator where he started with like 6 starting "nations" still on Terra.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I jumped in to try and encourage other goons to sign up... I guess I have a shot at winning this thing!

My votes are as follows:

Lord Windy
Pistokemisti
Jimmy4400nav
Ynkling
Triskelli

Because honestly, we have enough RICH WHITE MEN in positions of power. :colbert:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I think we are denying the existence of a far greater threat than even the Eurasian Federation can provide...

That's right.

MARTIANS

They're up there: Waiting, watching. The Viking probe said they weren't there, but that's because the cowards were hiding. I saw John Carter. I know how these despots would love nothing more that to destroy our little blue home. This is not a threat we can allow to go unabated!

That is why I, if elected, will prioritize a full scale invasion of Mars (Barsoom, in their heathen tongue). We will take their Space Modulators, turn their tripods against them and capture the city of Helium for ourselves! The little green men will be no match for the indomitable nature of the human spirit, nor the unmatched potential of the U.N! For the United Nations! For all Mankind! To Mars!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Calm, we must tame our reactionary hand, lest we become like the Red Guard of the Eurasian Federation. True Martians may be a threat, but remember, its is the moving city of Zodanga that is a threat to freedom, Helium is a bastion of progress and technology, we should ally with this great city state to wipe out Zodanga and the vile Therns who seek to subvert order!!!

My deepest thanks, for tempering my fury in a moment of weakness. This is a danger that must be dealt with true, but it is also true that we cannot allow war to change who we are as a people. Diplomacy is always an option for the patient. There is likely much to learn from this ancient race, and we must respect every living thing in the universe.

Then when we gain their trust, BOOM! Gauss cannon them to oblivion. An excellent plan from a great Diplomacy player.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Just completed a quick tally of votes so far, and here's the current polling results:

Lord Windy: 8 votes
Ynkling: 8 votes
Pistokemisti: 7 votes
Jimmy4400nav: 7 votes
A RICH WHITE MAN: 5 votes
Triskelli: 5 votes

At this point the contest is between me and A RICH WHITE MAN. I'd also like to take this time to remind everyone that I stand for expansion and exploration of the universe, now that we are able to do so. It is time to realize those dreams of the future we had so long ago. If elected, I promise a jetpack in every garage and a Martian turkey-beast on every table.

TRISKELLI 2012

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

LIES AND SLANDER

I said no such things! A RICH WHITE MAN has resorted to mudslinging and defamation to support his campaign. Such an underhanded display is displeasing to say the least, and reveals how subversive my opponent truly is! Can you, the good people, elect such a duplicitous individual to office?

I have never attempted to hide my beliefs, nor stooped to such a level. My beliefs are solid, my faith is strong. With a backbone of moral fortitude, the United Nations will claim its rightful place once more.

(This message brought to you by the 2025 Triple-Leg Foundation)

*EDIT*

^^^No problem, bgreman. It's always a treat to get in a good-natured shouting match

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 29, 2012

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Jimmy4400nav posted:

What is your position on Human/Alien Marriage?

My opponent is notorious for changing his political views on a whim to suit the political mood. He's like an Etch-A-Sketch: Shake him up and you can start all over again.

I on the other hand accept a higher council when it comes to such matters. Marriage is defined as a sacred union between a man and a woman. Not man/man, not woman/woman and certainly not man/alien. Such an institution is affront against God, and against common morality.

Would you want to inflict such a family on any child, alien or otherwise? Where they have such an unbalanced home, and face the endless mocking mocking of their peers? Could you imagine an adopted human child, unable to play ball with his dad because he had his face eaten off?

Those in favor of legalizing Human/Alien Marriage say that they were born this way, and they are unable to change it. I believe it's mind control, and we must do everything in our power to prevent the corruption of both our morals and our species.

A RICH WHITE MAN, your thoughts on the matter?

*EDIT*
What happens in the slim chance that this vote results in a tie?

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 29, 2012

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Puistokemisti posted:

Althought his stance on blue alien babe rear end is regretable.

Whoa, wait.

There are babes in space? I thought there were only tentacle monsters and Romans wearing blackface. Hold up...

Oh.

OH!

Well hell, if these things are out there, then I might need to rethink my opinions on the matter. Still I never said there was anything wrong with having a blue alien girlfriend was a problem: The government has no right to pry into an individual's private affairs. I merely urged you to think how such a situation might effect any children raised in such a family. It is the role of we Policy Makers to preserve the traditions and identity of Mankind in the face of this impending influx of aliens.

Vote for Triskelli, and I assure you we will prevent any illegal entry to the system, and safeguard the jobs of hardworking men and women throughout the U.N.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

((OOC: Okay, politics aside, I want us to get a geosurvey ship to Mars as soon as we can. Mainly to fufill the dreams of myself and people everywhere, but also because there's always SOMETHING on Mars to find. In every work of fiction there's some ruins or abandoned installation that lets us jump straight into the galactic stage. Everything else is bluster and saber-rattling.

If elected, I'll probably throw my influence into making sure we explore as far as we can, and have the best ship designs possible. I'll let others decide when to make war and how to exploit what we discover))

*EDIT*

Also, aren't the Policy makers being split up into 5 distinct spheres of influence? As in, one dictates military strategy, one decides research, etc?

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 29, 2012

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Ynkling posted:

What do we all feel about ICBMs on the Moon?

While a stellar concept, I'm not sure an "Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile" is designed to make the trek to the Earth from the Moon. Putting a couple Trans-Newtonian Missiles might be a good idea though.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Lord Windy posted:

Did we want to also look at giving ourselves roles as well as being overall policy makers?

Seems like a good idea. I volunteer for Commercial Shipping, Design and Transport.

We really need to see what tech we have first before deciding a course of action. If we already have Nuclear Thermal Engines, we probably want to skip orbital platforms and go straight to building warships. They'd be more versatile and we would be able to move them out of range of any ground-based installations the Federation might construct.

...Actually, after looking at the fuel situation we probably should build a orbital platform just to be safe. However, let's only use one shipyard for now, so we can lay down a ship design as soon as one is available.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

^^^Yeah.

I propose that any declarations of war or changes in foreign policy should require a majority vote (3 out of 5) in order to be put into effect. This should be few enough to keep decisions quick while still reflecting the goals of the group.

We need to develop some sort of budget too, so our spheres don't start competing with each other for resources. That could probably hold off until we get a better picture of our economic situation though.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

C.C.: all
R.E.: Open Letter on Shipbuilding

I'm thankful to everyone that made it possible to assume office, and would like to put this gratitude into physical form, however inadequate this gesture is to representing the depths of my emotions. I'm also glad to see such farsighted planning on the part of my fellow policymakers.

However, we cannot plan for the future without seizing the present. An entire armada of all-big-laser dreadnoughts will be for naught if we lack a clear view of what we would use them to protect. This is why I propose that the first ship to leave the yard be a vessel of peace and exploration, rather than one of war.

We can discuss this once the results of Slaan's research are released, but I feel it important to open this dialog now.

Head of Commercial Shipping, Design, and Transport
~Triskelli

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 1, 2012

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

cokerpilot posted:

Could I sign up as a navel commander?

Certainly!

But you'll have to wear an extra small shirt.

(It is a belly button joke.)

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Just thought I'd post a little encouragement video in light of recent events:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a7clqqbHZI

Happy trails.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Alright! We've got Trans-Newtonian capability! Guess that means I need to start designing ships.

FROM: Office of Commercial Shipping, Design, and Transport
TO: Civil Administrators Office
(bgreman)
CC: Executive Council

Now that we've unlocked the keys to interplanetary travel, I feel it important to spread this knowledge to civil and industrial leaders. I would like to request a small team of researchers to begin exploring ways to Expand the Civilian Economy using trans-newtonian technology. This is an important step in modernizing our organization's capital, and should give us an important edge over our rivals in the Federation.

TO: Office of Research and Development
(Ynkling)
CC:

While I'll leave the decision of how to utilize our scientific minds to you, I would recommend devoting at least ten labs to researching trans-newtonian applications in the economy.

TO: Office of Resource Acquisition
(Puistokemisti)
CC:

It's too early yet to establish a commercial market for space travel, as the infrastructure to support it is not yet in place. However, my men in development are still excited by the potential and have already begun drafting blueprints for spacecraft. Here's a design for an exploratory vessel they've already drawn up:

code:
Niņa class Geological Survey Vessel    800 tons     73 Crew     164.5 BP      TCS 16  TH 25  EM 0
1562 km/s     Armour 1-7     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/1     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Annual Failure Rate: 5%    IFR: 0.1%    Maintenance Capacity 129 MSP    Max Repair 100 MSP

Nuclear Thermal Engine E10 (1)    Power 25    Fuel Use 100%    Signature 25    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 112.5 billion km   (833 days at full power)

Geological Survey Sensors (1)   1 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a military vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is a basic geosurvey ship based on Slaan's findings and created to accomadate our current construction capacity. However, resource acquisition is your department, so a survey ship such as this would need to be confirmed by you. Its' purpose is to explore bodies throughout the solar system. To give you a rough estimate of its capability, this vessel would be able to make the journey from Earth to Mars within a three day span at maximum, when those two planets are farthest apart.

I urge you to put this ship or some variation of the design into production as soon as possible. These new discoveries trivialize the hurdles of interplanetary exploration, and we must exploit them as soon as possible.

((OOC: What should we name our ships after? I chose Niņa for obvious historical reasons, but I think we should establish a naming convention as soon as possible.))

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Lord Windy posted:

FROM: The Desk of Lord Windy, Director of Defence and Procurement
TO: UNEC

Voting will begin on Proposal: Mandate for the Department of Defence and Procurement to act upon the newly devised Heavy Fire Doctrine of the UN Interplanetary Navy

I vote Yes

Special consideration: Focus will be given to Carriers over Battleships while we construct the fleet

TO: Director of Defense and Procurement
FROM: Director of Commercial Shipping, Design, and Transport

Not sure if I fully understand this Heavy Fire Doctrine. A tentative yes from me, but a brief explanation would be appreciated.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

PokeWarVeteran posted:

I think my inner dorf is starting to run wild with ideas. Wish I was here to run for a Council spot.

Keep following the thread then! We're open to suggestions, and policymakers may have to step down in the future. Plus, you could always sign up for a spot as a colony governor. I may be wrong, but I think it's up to them to implement the policies we put forward.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Frosted Flake posted:

Are we going to go with Jomini or Clausewitz?

To make this clear, Jomini and Clausewitz were two contemporary writers on Strategy and War in the post-Napoleonic era. While there is an infinite complexity to each scholar's arguments, the basic ideas can me summarized thus:

Jomini emphasized offense: "To succeed, one must put superior combat power at the decisive point." He also preached the value of well-kept supply lines, and had a more scientific approach to making war. However, his geometric viewpoint and more precise theory breaks down in environments other than continental Europe.

Clauswitz emphasized defense; or rather he explored the advantages of defensive combat: "War is thus an act of force to compel our enemy to do our will." The defender is able to decide the location and nature of the battlefield, and therefore create better odds for success. To be succinct, the attacker decides when, and the defender decides where battle occurs. Unfortunately his work was never fully completed, and for all his influence many people still misinterpret his writings.

This analysis was thrown together after a quick glance at the internet and cursory knowledge, so take it with a grain of salt. :downs:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Farecoal posted:

(In other words, I will be away somewhere for a few days where I may or may not have access to a computer, so...)

Before you go, here's that spreadsheet you asked for! (Incomplete granted, but an example nonetheless)

From my understanding, the Policy Makers get to decide the general direction our empire will take (Focus on trade, focus on mining, etc.), but we have no direct authority over these actions. It's up to the governors such as yourself to confirm stuff like shipbuilding, research, etc., while it's up to commanders to decide how to implement new ships, what strategy to use, etc.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Frosted Flake posted:

How does the military chain of command work?

berryjon posted:

Last I checked, I was the highest ranked Ground Forces Officer, and while I don't get any of those shiny Naval thingamajigs, I do contribute!

Oh lord, does that also put me in charge of our armies? :ohdear:

Sorry for the goof, I just put up a smattering of military names to represent that Lord Windy is nominally in charge of military organization and strategy. I think it would be best to leave the organization of the military to him. I can only assume he'll come up with his own beautiful MS Paint flowchart.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I was just considering a horribly awesome tactic for waaaaay in the future in the unlikely event we have to cripple an enemy empire. Try to find planets with Mass-Drivers, then destroy them. For those of you who forgot, mass-drivers are ways of teleporting resources within the same system. The metric poo poo-ton of minerals isn't going to stop mid flight, so it's a fantastic way to save ammunition when bombarding a planet.

Hey, it's a totally legitimate strategy!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

So there's really not a way to annex colonies from a foreign Empire?

(Also, loving the fact that as the director of commercial trade, the game will do most of the work without me. Just need to come up with affordable designs that are up to date, and to keep supply lines organized.)

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

CO of the 57th LTA "Think Tanks"
TO: Everybody in my Spacebook Contacts

And the best reason for doing this now is our private sector.

TO: SPERMCUBE, et. all.

Have to agree with this assessment. There is little cause for any private industry to develop without an initial investment by the government. Setting up a colony or a mine would encourage the development of trade companies.

*note to self, design entry-level freighter w/ cargo capacity of "1" for carrying colonists and infrastructure*

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

CO of the 57th LTA "Think Tanks"
TO: R&D Defensive systems

The greatest effort plan I've put forward only requires us to build one small cargo hauler at the ISS. Which is doing nothing at all right now. If a moon city got up to around a million people then actual trade would start, including more infrastructure to the moon produced by our private sector, totally hands off. Our shipping lines would grow like crazy and we're probably gonna need them; we're not commies after all.

Head of Commercial Trade, Design, and Transport
TO: SPERMCUBE.ORG
CC: R&D Defensive Systems
BCC: UNEC

Mr. ORG, first of all let me thank you again for your ongoing service to the United Nations space program. Ynkling directed your plan to me, and I admire your unbridled enthusiasm! I wish you a speedy recovery.

While my branch of policy is underdeveloped as of yet, I have every intention of establishing colonies as soon as is possible. The recent Krivak expeditions have been egg on my face (including the stunning lack of Martians), but we have the ability to follow the trail our rivals blazed and preform even better. I already have a number of companies interested in assisting the UN in supplying and creating these colonies. All we need are the Ion Engines promised by Ynkling for these civilian industries to begin construction.

code:
CIV Freighter Mk1 class Freighter    262,500 tons     3020 Crew     5362.9 BP      TCS 5250  TH 15750  EM 0
3000 km/s     Armour 1-365     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 13    Max Repair 38 MSP
Cargo 125000    Cargo Handling Multiplier 110    
Ion Engine E0.9 (105)    Power 150    Fuel Use 9%    Signature 150    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 1,400,000 Litres    Range 106.7 billion km   (411 days at full power)
This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
((A few notes; Commercial ships aren't constructed at state-owned shipyards, so they're not restricted by the available tonnage. We still may need to provide subsidies in order for such a large craft to be constructed, but it's certainly possible. Also, we can contract civilian trade-lines to move goods for us, cutting down on the number of strictly military freighters needed.))

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

TO: UNEC (bgreman)

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

code:
(...) "York" class Freighter    9,350 tons     103 Crew     109.5 BP      TCS 187  TH 8  EM 0
42 km/s     Armour 1-39     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 7    Max Repair 5 MSP
Cargo 5000    

Conventional Engine E1 (3)    Power 2.5    Fuel Use 10%    Signature 2.5    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 94.5 billion km   (26041 days at full power)

Veloxyll posted:

code:
Galicia class Passenger Cruiser    5,500 tons     173 Crew     183 BP      TCS 110  TH 5  EM 0
45 km/s     Armour 1-27     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 21    Max Repair 5 MSP
Passengers 250    

Commercial Booster (2)    Power 2.5    Fuel Use 10%    Signature 2.5    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 162.0 billion km   (41666 days at full power)

These both seem like exceptional designs for the private sector. Can they be officially added to the list of available ship classes?

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 10, 2012

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Bremen posted:

Just as a warning to those potential freighter designs, you might want to consider that the Earth itself is moving at 30 km/s. That design would be essentially worthless for reaching anything other than the moon.

Aye, there's the rub. I was told to wait for TNE Engines, but I hoped conventional booster might have been enough.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Lord Windy posted:

FROM: The Desk of Lord Windy, Director of Defence and Procurement

2. I am lodging my official disapproval of the Luna Colony. I think this is a stupid waste of resources and completely pointless. I would prefer we look towards Mars or Titan where we don't waste anywhere near as much resources and we can at least make it more habitual faster and we have a greater chance of resources there.

To be perfectly frank, I'm also not so keen on a Luna colony either. Like Lord Windy mentions, it would be easier to create colonies on either Titan or Mars. It would cost less infrastructure to maintain, and would be able to support more colonists. On the government level I still think we need to push for geosurvey ships and conduct research on these worlds. But as the head of Commercial Trade, Design, and Transport I need to supply private interests, and the sooner passenger or freighters are available the sooner we can develop an interstellar economy.

Also, I want a team to doublecheck Mars; the Feds must not have been looking closely enough for indigenous life.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

(bgreman)

While I've got your ear, can I get a brief report of any established civilian companies (Trade Routes) that are interested in space? Just names, numbers, and wealth of those companies should be enough.

Also, I'd like to recommend a separate geosurvey ship class, using official TNE engines, and have that as the first ship put into government production.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

bgreman posted:

What I'm waiting on now is two things:

1) Is the commercial shipyard going to be tooled for either design and if so, is construction going to start on a ship of that design?

2) What should the idle research labs do?

Tool the commercial shipyard for the York variant freighter. Hopefully by the time it's constructed we'll have some solid data on the other planets.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I think I'm misinterpreting how commercial ships work... do WE build them, or do civilians build them?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Sorry, stay idle for now. In light of recent events I feel our resources might be best spent elsewhere, and we should keep our options open.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 14, 2012

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

To: UNEC

With the establishment of a serious colony, I think we need to improve our ability to man it. Begin construction of a second York, followed by a Galacia class ship. Do any of my fellow policymakers have an opinion on this?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Lord Windy posted:

Re: Mars

I request a full, military response in claiming Mars under the umbrella of Earth. All resources should be put forward to claiming it, and manning some PDC, new age troops and creating weapons to hold it.

I request a UN vote starting immediately for permission to bend the resources of our nations into taking and holding Mars under our direction for the time being until we have a new colony and a credible defence.

I vote Yes

I also vote Yes

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

bgreman posted:

In summary, it may be worthwhile to still build the second York-class in the meantime, but retooling for Galicia should probably wait until updated engine designs come out.

I'll accept your advice. Wait for the updated engine designs and configure the Galicia liner to use them. The existing infrastructure on Mars should be able to support some colonists without importing our own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Do we have a contract with our civilians for infrastructure to the moon city or does whatshisface need to order that first?

That's Mr. Whatshisface. :colbert:

I don't see why I would need to micromanage every aspect of civilian trading (invisible hand of the market and all that), but let's go ahead and create a civilian contract for Earth-Luna infrastructure. Hopefully this will allow us to focus on the race for Mars.

• Locked thread