Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
I would like to volunteer myself for whatever glorious death awaits me in the depths of space! So sign me up as a Naval Officer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
We must study the Machine Interface that Raw_Beef is connected to! It is most probably the next generation of Trans-Newtonian infantry technology! Imagine entire Platoons of people able to use that kind of power.

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
Then lets build some more PDC's on Earth and arm them with Missiles. They want to play with us we play with them. Project Gotcha is a good base plan with the added bonus that we can ship those PDC's to other planets later if we don't need them.

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
So it's off the cards until maybe Ion engines are common place. Or maybe we could send a long range Colony fleet with very long turn around times.

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
People, we don't need to antagonize a TNE Economy for no reason, instead let us focus on the K2 assault and the mind issue! Also it might be in our long term interests to drop Antagonism towards other Earth Powers and instead build Humanities strength. But if any human power wants to start something, make sure we can end it.

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
What's the longest range exploration ship we could build at our current tech level? Also how long ago did the beacon get activated?

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
Well if we think they've been leaving Jump Points behind it might be easy to follow them. Unless I'm not getting mechanics right.

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
What is the smallest, fastest ship we can make? Isn't it if it's under a certain number of Tons we can build it using industry?

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
Well I for one trust that man! We all must have faith in other humans in these trying times!

Yeah, I have Faith in People.

Is it to late to get my sidearm replaced with suitcase nuke? In case the Aliens want my brain.

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
Can we start trying to purchase the munitions from our local mega corp? Or sharing production loads with the Feds?

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
We should talk with the Feds then about a joint Missile Design and Ordering Scheme, the most bang for our buck ya know.

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
The aesthetic of those ships is great!

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
1. Samolety
2. Readingaccount

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
We need an Urgent examination of that image!

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
How long would it take to Crash Build a Shielded Missile/Meson ship? Would it be worth the effort in exploring that angle?

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
Lets kick in the K2 door and get that cleaned out. While we do that get our Ion Fleet online!

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
Do we have any immediate designs we can begin? Even if they are the smallest of the classes it will be better to start ASAP.

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
Isn't every first ship named after it's class?

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
How big would we need a naval jump tender? Do we want to try for some level of future proofing and build it larger then we need to, or do we just build to our current fleet?

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
Don't rock the Boat right now, just before the first major extra stellar operation ever under taken by humanity. We don't know the full extent of the unknowns weapons, so we don't want to oversell our capabilities. For all we know they could destroy multiple ships, forcing us to massage the narrative to make them more threatening.

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
What's the largest force we could get moving to counter the Mind? How long would it take to get a Jump Tender that uses the new model the Feds have offered?

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014

MagnumOpus posted:

The Mind's motives are the fun thing to speculate about. It's some of the best parts but we also sometimes let ourselves down with following through on the the issues.

I'd like to talk about how poor our war footing seems. This is not a call-out of the UNIN. I think our boys do a great job keeping the first stellar trains in history running on time. I also think it would be good if we had some frank discussion of the issues. Under all our partisan politicking I think we are patriots. We have concern that Humanity does not seem prepared to deal with whatever it is out there. That knows about us now. Rather than post a manifesto I'll just get to what itches at me most. It has always seemed to me that we have explored far too little of the JP network. At least we have not located any infrastructure of the Mind. Have we done what we could in exploring? Could we or should we be doing more? We have not identified the military force, number, and territory of the enemy. How are we preparing to defend ourselves?

The problem is that we X amount of ability to do things and to many things to do. LABYRINTH alone has taken years to get ready and that's right next door to us.

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
Nice bit of art there.

Also how able are we to deploy Ground Forces to extra solar planets?

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
So this is it, lets hope we are ready for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMARDA
Mar 30, 2014
Oh good. This is gonna be 'fun'.

• Locked thread