Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with CR's translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Someone should tweet Neil Degrasse Tyson about this show, I feel like he'd love it. It's just so drat inspiring.

RE: latest episode, I was waiting for Mutta to invite everyone to Sharon's observatory, but it never happened. Other than that and the inexplicable flour, I really enjoyed the episode. Waiting a week between episodes is so hard.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Bet they use rock-paper-scissors to decide.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Holy poo poo, I knew there was a live action movie, but I didn't know it looked this good. Possible spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_maNyftMLI

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
That was such a lovely episode. It might sound weird but I really enjoy the more mundane stuff (like the protracted udon instructional) and I'll probably miss it if the show becomes more dramatic later on.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Holy poo poo, I knew there was a live action movie, but I didn't know it looked this good. Possible spoilers

I only watched like half of the trailer because I didn't want to wander into spoilers, but aside from the Coldplay, it looks really well done. Maybe if it becomes a hit they'll recast and reshoot with American actors so we can get a theatrical release.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

oh god, oh god, oh god. I got to the part on the moon when the Coldplay stopped playing and had to close the browser. Huge spoiler. Now I'm worried :(

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

oh god, oh god, oh god. I got to the part on the moon when the Coldplay stopped playing and had to close the browser. Huge spoiler. Now I'm worried :(

I would *really* like to watch this movie. Yes, now we have a pretty good idea what is going to happen, and perhaps, why the anime may be pretty long as well (many more episodes -- I hope).

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008

Dan7el posted:

I would *really* like to watch this movie. Yes, now we have a pretty good idea what is going to happen, and perhaps, why the anime may be pretty long as well (many more episodes -- I hope).

Glad I didn't look at the trailer, because I'm enjoying the series as-is.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Episode 20 is now out.

This show is just so drat good. It makes me want to root for everyone, even Yassan who's a bit of a jerk but drat if he didn't have a great moment this episode. letting everyone know that he shouldn't be picked because he had the lowest scores was really well done

I also really love the 2nd ED for this show because I think it manages to capture the mood of the show so well. I wish they'd keep it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The Black Stones posted:

Episode 20 is now out.

This show is just so drat good. It makes me want to root for everyone, even Yassan who's a bit of a jerk but drat if he didn't have a great moment this episode. letting everyone know that he shouldn't be picked because he had the lowest scores was really well done

I also really love the 2nd ED for this show because I think it manages to capture the mood of the show so well. I wish they'd keep it.

The second ED is the only ED that I currently watch all the way through every single time. It just makes me feel so moon

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

paragon1 posted:

Bet they use rock-paper-scissors to decide.

Called it. :smug:

But yeah this was really well done. Feels like they've been in that thing forever. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that we'll be seeing everyone from Team A and some from Team B again in some sort of capacity with JAXA. There is no Team C.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

The Black Stones posted:

The music in general is pretty fantastic at capturing the mood.

It's so depressing that this show seems to be relatively unknown, it's easily the best anime I've seen in years. You could use real actors, put it on HBO and it would become critically acclaimed. It's really not 'anime like' at all.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Shakugan posted:

The music in general is pretty fantastic at capturing the mood.

It's so depressing that this show seems to be relatively unknown, it's easily the best anime I've seen in years. You could use real actors, put it on HBO and it would become critically acclaimed. It's really not 'anime like' at all.

Well, at least there's a small consolation in the fact that it's been licensed for a US release, that's better than some other recent great shows have gotten (Like Chihayafuru or Penguindrum).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's also the live-action movie in the works, hopefully that will up the anime versions profile.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Sakurazuka posted:

There's also the live-action movie in the works, hopefully that will up the anime versions profile.

The Japanese live action movie? That already came out. Or is there another one? That's the only one I was aware about.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Gah, I hate getting blue balled at the end of every episode. This is the best show I'm watching at the moment, and I can't wait for all of it to be out so I can marathon it.

Poor team C. They probably don't feel so moon right about now. :(

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Spoiler alert: Nobody in teams A or B get picked. Team C gets picked to go to the moon.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

Spoiler alert: Nobody in teams A or B get picked. Team C gets picked to go to the moon.

Well that's good because the goal here is Mars.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

paragon1 posted:

Called it. :smug:

But yeah this was really well done. Feels like they've been in that thing forever. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that we'll be seeing everyone from Team A and some from Team B again in some sort of capacity with JAXA. There is no Team C.

I think I saw them on the third monitor in red jumpsuits in one of the mission control scenes in this episode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Black Stones posted:

The Japanese live action movie? That already came out. Or is there another one? That's the only one I was aware about.

I didn't realise it had already been released, oh well. :sigh:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
How does rock-paper-scissors work with 5 people in a circle?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

PaganGoatPants posted:

How does rock-paper-scissors work with 5 people in a circle?

Keep playing until there is a clear trump and eliminate the losers.
ie, all hands are composed of only two different things.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I'm pretty sure that no matter what each team decides, JAXA is making the actual choices, and any team-choices that match JAXA-choices are simply coincidental. JAXA is just playing mind-games with the teams to see how they'll react, how they'll choose, etc.

I agree, I think we'll see almost everyone we've seen who has proven themselves to be worthy of being an astronaut make the cut.

Unless all five played and three did rock and two did scissors, or something similar, they'd never be able to find a clear winner. If one did paper, two did rock, and two did scissors, they'd not have any clear winnners.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

It's probably going to end in one round. Two people are going to pick scissors and everyone else picks paper (or something like that).

New theory: Team C starved to death.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

New theory: Team C starved to death.

This is plausible; the screen only showed the poor redsuited bastards gathered around a table. They could have been slumped over onto it.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Centuple murder-suicide. They just couldn't handle broken clock + night beeper.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

They launched their capsule into space on the second day and are already on the way back from the moon.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Team C is obviously the control group and irrelevant other than as a basis for comparison.

Come on ADTRW, get it together. C for Control.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I hate Pod SixTeam C. I don't even know why we have a Team C. Total suck team.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
gently caress this shows cliffhangers.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Himuro posted:

gently caress this shows cliffhangers.

Well, at least we know two of them who weren't picked. Also, Furuya is short. Those JAXA height requirements weren't unreasonable.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Mr. Fowl posted:

Well, at least we know two of them who weren't picked. Also, Furuya is short. Those JAXA height requirements weren't unreasonable.

He's like 5 feet tall, I think. That's very short. I noticed when they all marched out of the building he was shorter than anyone else on the team. When you're whole career path is dependent on somethng that you have absolutely no control over, it sucks big time.

I can't believe we went an entire episode after the Paper/Rock/Scissors happened and they never told us who won. I'm guessing three did rock and two did paper.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Dan7el posted:

I can't believe we went an entire episode after the Paper/Rock/Scissors happened and they never told us who won. I'm guessing three did rock and two did paper.

I'm going to counter argue that three did scissors and two did rock

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's gotta be three paper and two rock because Ya-san clenches his fist when he's talking to the space suit inventor!

It's hilarious how slow the pacing has become. I appreciate the added time for character development, yet I don't like being teased stuff in the episode preview that doesn't even happen in the next episode: the dinner scene promised last week for instance - instead, we get a preview of the dinner scene!. I'd be completely fine with this if I could watch it marathon style, though.

linall
Feb 1, 2007
Well seeing as how Mutta wants to congratulate Serika ("Here's looking at you kid.") we know she got picked. I am going to guess that the old guy got picked too, if only because the writers can justify bringing Mr. Mediation along because of his high test scores.

But yeah, the pace has gotten a little ridiculous.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

linall posted:

But yeah, the pace has gotten a little ridiculous.

I liked the episode despite the real lack of progress :(

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I just really want Mutta to ask Serika out already.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I apologize for the double post.

The latest episode was really good. Not much happened, again, and they built up the results of the exams...again, but I still really liked it. I got a lot of closure from Fukuda's story, especially.

Also: Rocky 12?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The fact that that vinegar flavored sack of cocks from Team B got selected is concrete proof that a scoring-based selection is a fundamental failure in every way imaginable and I hope that rear end in a top hat dies from painful cosmic radiation poisoning <:mad:>

Looking forward to next episode, although it seems a bit out-of-season

• Locked thread