Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
:frogsiren:OP UPDATED 7 Apr at noon:frogsiren:

I've wondered for some time what would happen if I incubated a Cadbury Creme Egg. The problem is, only unfertilized Cadbury eggs are sold in stores.

So I did what anyone else would do: I called around, asked some very discreet questions, and managed to get my hands on some fertilized eggs.

I don't know how my source managed to fertilize them, or what kinds of animals he used. (He was awfully cagey on those points. I told him no humans, and he agreed. Or said he did.) I don't know whether these are legal to have, or ethical to have, or anything else. This is basically backyard-meth-lab science.

All I know is that today, I carefully cut open an egg that'd been incubating for 14 days, and I took some pictures.

Here's what else I know so far:

Nothing living is going to come out of these eggs. I don't know if it's the creme, or my bullshit jury-rigged non-scientist science, or if these are just horrible chimerae that man should not have created and that nature cannot suffer to live. Whatever it is, everything comes out dead.

If anybody's done anything similar, or just has a stronger science background, I'd love to see or hear about it: photos, drawings, whatever.

I have somewhere around nine total embryos, in various stages of development.

I'll keep posting pictures of the creatures that I hatch.

UPATED PICS

Embryo 1:

Embryo 2:

Embryo 1 & 2:

Embryo 3:

Embryo 4:

Embryo 5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
It's horrible, yet strangely beautiful. Good work.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
This thread is a crime against nature, I am suitably horrified.

Gay but Spooky
Oct 25, 2005
I heard of a live one but it only lived about a few seconds after being hatched. It all comes down to how well you perform the incubation process. Some guy on reddit is claiming to have it perfected.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Gross dude.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

What the gently caress. Did you eat it?

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage
Eurgh that's loving horrific! I don't like eating Creme eggs anyway, I call them chocolate chicken ovulations, but that's a chocolate chicken fetus god ewww

edit: you made that in your kiln, don't lie to me

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

That's just loving terrifying. Thanks for putting me off Creme Eggs forever. Jackass.

:(

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

This reminds me of that guy finding a tumour in his orange juice though I think it turned out to just be mold unfortunately shaped. Good work on making me feel sick.

I wonder what would hatch out of a full sized easter egg :cry:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I imagine you'd get some kind of lion/rabbit hybrid.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
That's Cadbury Balut.

Good loving Lord.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

NoneSuch posted:

This reminds me of that guy finding a tumour in his orange juice though I think it turned out to just be mold unfortunately shaped. Good work on making me feel sick.

I wonder what would hatch out of a full sized easter egg :cry:

That thread that was here a while back? Yeah, it was some bizarro mushroom thing.

OP, why would you do this? What is the point? It seems kinda pointlessly cruel.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

WMain00 posted:

That's just loving terrifying. Thanks for putting me off Creme Eggs forever. Jackass.

:(
Just bite the top off the egg and lick some of the filling away. If you see dead eyes staring back, put it down and move on to the next one.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Oh man...I want a cadbury egg.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Well, I wasn't sure what to expect when I clicked on this thread. I should've figured, honestly. I want to see more.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
Industrial chocolate egg farmers usually grind up all of the male Cadbury bunnies so this doesn't happen.

BillNyeTheNaziSpy
May 28, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
You've done well.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

This thread is wrong in a lot of ways.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
For god's sake man, you NEVER hatch a creme egg!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm8kCF_9Uns

somecallmetim
Mar 30, 2004

Boinks posted:

I imagine you'd get some kind of lion/rabbit hybrid.

The question is which does it taste like?

i am bones
May 18, 2010

We are the Crystal Gems!
Well, now you've got to eat it.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Eat the Cadbury Chimera

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
This is the best thing ever.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Raise them, and unleash your creamy horror upon an unsuspecting diabetic populous!

Bizology
Aug 30, 2004

Bananas... we haven't done Bananas!
I always wondered where peeps came from.

oye como va
Oct 25, 2005
:slick:
Please don't eat it. Give it a chance :3:

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
Is that rust all over the knife or delicious chocolate?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Awww how cute. How does it feel to be a mommy? :3:

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
This is beautiful, send that poo poo to the Centre Pompidou ASAP.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

And with that one post Cadbury's share price fell off a cliff.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Well come on, how did it taste?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You want to know what it is? Then follow the bodies. Or at least the first body.

Priscilla Ann CADBURY. What happened to Priscilla Ann Cadbury?

(Whatever you do, keep the cremespawn away from alcohol. Do not ask me why. Not yet. There's a reason why they do not allow alcohol anywhere near the Queen's Nest.)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Here are some more pictures, with the thing cleaned up a bit more:

Why did I do this? Well, I wanted to see what would happen. I know the stillborn bird embryos aren't terribly appetizing, but we're already eating the yolk that's turning into the animal.

Obscuritatem posted:

For god's sake man, you NEVER hatch a creme egg!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm8kCF_9Uns

I'd never seen Mr Cadbury's parrot before. . . is that what I'm seeing, here? A baby insane parrot? I don't know if I'm happy or sad that I didn't end up with a live one of those. There's still hope, I guess.

madlilnerd posted:

edit: you made that in your kiln, don't lie to me

You know I can't do ceramics at that scale. Everything'd turn to powder.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
It's stillborn? Give it a proper funeral.

FAH Q
Aug 19, 2007

Certified Monster Fucker
So I guess we answered the question what chickens and rabbits make when they do it with Easter Magic.

Monsters.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

You'd have to hatch a mini egg for a parrot and that would be considerably harder. Maybe the Parrot comes from the creme eggs but lays minieggs? I'm so confused.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

This could put a delicious new spin on the ortolan recipe.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Dude you're playing God here. It's a slippery slope. Next you'll turn your eyes on Peeps. I'm fairly certain that you're about to break the First of the Seven Seals, here.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
happy birthday jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

jerkstore77 posted:

That's Cadbury Balut.

Good loving Lord.

No one else seemed to understand this, but I just wanted to register the full experience of eating a tiny baby bird whole.