Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
Ah jeez, This comic is so cute!

Almond is my favorite, she doesn't need a reason to kick rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
I've been following Cucumber Quest since the prologue (specifically, when I started reading the most recent page was Cucumber talking to his Dad about the magic stones and why he had to get the dream sword when the stones were right there.) and I have to say it has been my favorite webcomic consistently. Not a single moment does the art get lazy or does a joke fall flat. It is consistently beautiful in every way, and somehow updates really frequently.

Gigi Digi deserves to get paid for this. If a full-color Cucumber Quest book ever comes out, I'm snatching it up immediately.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

QueerPope posted:

Gigi Digi deserves to get paid for this. If a full-color Cucumber Quest book ever comes out, I'm snatching it up immediately.

Well, about that:
https://twitter.com/#!/gigideegee/status/187730486624387073

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Bonus Update: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Somehow I doubt Almond is so fortunate as to bumble her way into a swank resort.

But then again wherever she is she's probably kicking rear end so maybe she's doing just fine.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Somehow I doubt Almond is so fortunate as to bumble her way into a swank resort.

But then again wherever she is she's probably kicking rear end so maybe she's doing just fine.

Not going to lie I really expect the next panel to be Almond running up to them in some swank close.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
New thread subtitle:

Cucumber Quest: Bacon makes everything worse

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Cucumber Quest: We don't talk about Bacon

weavernaut
Sep 12, 2007

i'm so glad to have made such an interesting new friend
Cucumber Quest: Bacon Appreciation Station

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't read a storyline webcomic since I was a dumb anime geek reading Megatokyo, but the art and general parody of RPGs and awesome story have me hooked.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

Lance Streetman posted:

Bonus Update: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/

She's a drat wizard when it comes to colors, all of this is going to look so great in book form.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Yoshifan823 posted:

I haven't read a storyline webcomic since I was a dumb anime geek reading Megatokyo, but the art and general parody of RPGs and awesome story have me hooked.

I'm so happy your healing can start :unsmith:.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Comrade Question posted:

She's a drat wizard when it comes to colors, all of this is going to look so great in book form.

This really can't be said enough, I've loved her eye for color for a really long time. Every CQ page is a joy to look at.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
The sweetness that you see in the comic comes from Gigi just being such a nice person. She did a piece for me to give away as a birthday present at a time when she wasn't even taking comissions.

And Carrot is totally my bro.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

So, I love cucumber quest...a lot. I thought I'd make some avatars for the thread, using some of the more obscure characters/art within the pages. Gigidigi's character expressions are just as delightful everything else! Anyway, hopefully they're ok... Enjoy!

I couldn't help but put young cabbage in there, something about the shades and awkward teenage mustache just does it for me.

(I felt a baker's dozen was an appropriate number)

Clockwork Eggplant
Nov 3, 2010

Then he said he has hair, it's just that it's scalp-colored.
I might snag that Nautilus avatar! I've been meaning to make one of that face for a while now, but I have to make sure I don't gently caress up the BBcode for the text.

(Never apologize for liking young Cabbage. Who could resist that totally sweet mustache and mullet combo?)

This comic is so great, and Gigi's seemingly intuitive grasp of color just floors me. I have a feeling that if she decides to go the Kickstarter route for the book she'll have no problem finding enough backers.

weavernaut
Sep 12, 2007

i'm so glad to have made such an interesting new friend

Space-Bird posted:

I'm gonna grab this one, but I need to come up with good words to go under it and I can't think of anything. :ohdear:

Never mind, I got something. :3:

weavernaut fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 7, 2012

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
God drat weavernaut who the hell did you piss off enough that they keep spending money to buy you angry red titles?

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

Speaking of avatars, have half an actual dozen more:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Comrade Question posted:

I'd love this one, but I just got this thing not to long ago. I should probably keep it for a little while.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
God, every single piece of anything in Cucumber Quest looks deserving of being hung in the museum of fine art. Even those avatars separated from their pages look like masterpieces. How does Gigi get this all done so easily when it's all so astounding.

That Thomas Kinkade was famous and making loads of money while GigiDigi can't even make a living off her art, it's a travesty really.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Lance Streetman posted:

I'd love this one, but I just got this thing not to long ago. I should probably keep it for a little while.

I'm thinking of getting it myself, but I may want a Dongan Ronpa av sometime later and I still like this one and aaaa why it so hard :(

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

QueerPope posted:

God, every single piece of anything in Cucumber Quest looks deserving of being hung in the museum of fine art. Even those avatars separated from their pages look like masterpieces. How does Gigi get this all done so easily when it's all so astounding.

That Thomas Kinkade was famous and making loads of money while GigiDigi can't even make a living off her art, it's a travesty really.

I'm curious what kind of web traffic Cucumber Quest gets...It's still pretty new in internet-terms..I mean it's only on chapter 1. I can't imagine it not getting more popular as the body of work grows. I don't even think CQ has a donation page..does it? Either way, I hope she does a kickstarter just to support something so great.

Comrade Question posted:

This is awesome.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The little author comments on the bottom of each page always make me laugh.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

pandaK posted:

The little author comments on the bottom of each page always make me laugh.

Yes, I love these.

"said the girl named after a nut"

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Comrade Question posted:

Where did these come from? I don't recognize them from the story and want to see more! Unless they DID all come from the story and I just don't remember.

This comic owns bones. I crack up at every single page, and that's pretty amazing for something designed to suit little kids. I can definitely see me sharing this with a little nephew or niece one day.

Buff Skeleton fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 8, 2012

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

QueerPope posted:

Yeah, if you've ever seen any of her art streams, she really draws relatively quickly! It is pretty amazing.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Looks like we got another bonus update!

On a related note, I love using Goggles on this comic.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Waffnuffly posted:

Where did these come from? I don't recognize them from the story and want to see more! Unless they DID all come from the story and I just don't remember.

This comic owns bones. I crack up at every single page, and that's pretty amazing for something designed to suit little kids. I can definitely see me sharing this with a little nephew or niece one day.

It looks like they're additional art from Gigidigi's tumblr. I love all of her art so much :swoon:

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008
Just wanna say that I hadn't heard of this comic before this thread started, and now I'm fully caught up and pretty impressed, especially with the use of color, which might be the best I've seen in a webcomic.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

This is probably one of my favorite webcomics ever, its so freaking cute+cool. The color pallette gigidigi uses is so pretty and I can just stare at each update and not even read it, and enjoy it.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

dumb brunette posted:

It looks like they're additional art from Gigidigi's tumblr. I love all of her art so much :swoon:

They are, I should have specified. Her tumblr is really worth following.

Oh hey, :regd08:

Comrade Question fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 8, 2012

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
Hey, there's a thread for this now. It's really pretty looking.

I've just looked at the character page and noticed that if you take it literally, Cucumber could beat his dad in a fistfight.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Jazu posted:

Hey, there's a thread for this now. It's really pretty looking.

I've just looked at the character page and noticed that if you take it literally, Cucumber could beat his dad in a fistfight.

But you fail to take his min maxed jerk face stat into consideration. He'd probably play really dirty and throw sand at Cucumber's face oh the horror

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I get the distinct feeling that Almond is going to prepare calamari after she gets out of that cage.

Edit: O, it was a Saturday update. I should check this comic more often.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 9, 2012

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I can't really make out what the text on the sail is. Smashed Bunny Hold? And then a tally, I guess. Splashmaster is keeping score?

Smooglii
Feb 22, 2011

Battle stations!
It looks like it. It also looks like the light is on inside, which is all sorts of curious.

Or maybe the interior candle sensed it was needed for atmospheric lighting, like that one that went out and/or turned blue.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Caught up with it a few weeks ago, really nice webcomic. Really good use of colour, and the writing's funny and pokes fun at a lot of genre conventions. Cucumber and Almond have a great dynamic, and I also kind of like how Cucumber is essentially a reverse Roy Greenhilt - he wants to be a mage while his dad wants him to be a warrior, rather than the other way around.

And Brambleby is just hilarious for some reason.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 9, 2012

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Well, this page cemented Splashmaster as my new favourite character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Y Signal
Feb 17, 2009

I love you, Tiger Millionaire.
Just caught up with it the comic yesterday. Incredibly cute, colorful and charming! Love the use of cut paper in the princess's flashback.