Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Loving the game.

Who did the art, specifically the portraits? That dude should be hired forever.

Also I think I know why the Baron participates on runs remotely. So runners can't punch the bastard in the face when he oversells this 'Guards? I got this don't worry mon ami' bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I have a few questions about Shadowrun metaphysics, specifically about ghosts.

Do they exist? Is it a semi-regular thing that if someone dies they can show back up as a ghost? Do ghosts from before the awakening of magic exist? What kind of powers do Shadowrun ghosts have? Can they function as poltergeists or possess people? Can ghosts possess computers? If you have a shitload of cyberware and an essence of 1, can you still show up as a ghost? Any difference between ghosts in Europe and Asia (ie hungry dead)? Are ghosts considered spirits and thus can mages/shamen do whatever they want with them? Is there a Hell or Hades-like plane that ghosts go to?

If there is a sourcebook that I should pick up, I'm all ears.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Thanks a lot for all your responses guys. Looks like there is some narrative flexibility.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Re: Party expansion midgame

Anyone else find it hilarious that the Mage was the only one who didn't realize there was a Hellhound in the house? Isn't he suppost to see auras?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yep. Why not give us slides related to the things we DID affect, smaller things? I think that's why the epilogue is kinda meh.

I agree. The fallout 3/NV approach to endings is more satisfying.

Edit: I guess Dragon Age 1 did this as well.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Talking to the bartender and getting him to say "gently caress this job" and giving you the cocktail was one of the highlights so far.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Weird. I bought the Dragonfall DLC when it came out and I'm not getting any update or UI changes.

Anyone else have this problem?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Dominic White posted:

It's not an update to Dragonfall - it's a standalone release with an improved engine. It should be in your Steam library. The original version is exactly where you left it.

And there it is! Thanks for clarifying. :shepface:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Looking better than expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
HK will have stealth?

• Locked thread