Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Spalec posted:

The underwater kitchen scene was pretty cool too, especially when you watch the making of and see what a bitch that scene was for the actors (not to mention the poor bastard in the alien costume)

Have you been playing it online? I did a couple of levels of online campaign last night and it was a mess - weird animations, weird animation syncs, characters blocking one another in confusing ways, and more - which not only ruined the immersion (key for an Aliens game) but actually made it really frustrating to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

If we're doing screenshots, here's around 90 minutes of co-op campaign poo poo that I grabbed last night in between fits of astonished laughter. Maxed graphics, maxed FOV.

Highlights:

Also, the Forbes review is positively glowing, and gives the game an 8/10 (would've been a 7/10 but there's online co-op!)

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I tried petitioning Steam for a refund but they just sent me a form letter back saying 'sorry, no refunds' :(

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

pixelbaron posted:

I hear they are pretty understanding with refunds if it's your first time asking for one, but if you've gotten a refund in the past it's pretty much impossible. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

This is the first time I've ever asked for a refund on Steam. I've got a shitload of terrible games on my account including Stormrise, Space Siege, Dino D-Day AND ORION: Dino Beatdown. I basically put all of this into the ticket, and received only this as a reply:

quote:

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Majuju,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges on games, DLC or in-game items purchased on our website or through the Steam Client.

Please review Section 3 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information.
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement

We will make an exception and refund preorders as long as the request is received prior to the release of the game. This only applies to preorders purchased from your account, preordered titles received or sent through the Steam Trading system cannot be refunded.

Which basically indicates that nobody actually read the appeal I made, just looked at the word 'refund' and sent me this :(

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

BrandonGK posted:

This is probably the first time I ever wanted to ironically play a video game.

Going to FRAPS a bunch of the game, without commentary, for people to enjoy, I think.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Saints Crow posted:

If you want to watch the first impressions of a huge Alien fan who hadn't heard much beyond that the game was reviewed badly, this video is pretty great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWLyrJ79CYQ

It's from Guude, one of the youtube LP guys who works for IGN. His disappointment picks up really fast and it's pretty funny how quickly he goes from excited to ashamed.

Oh nice, this saves me the effort of FRAPSing tonight. I guess I could do some co-op footage but it's pretty much all the same, from what I can see.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

I can confirm it is tense as hell, I was just playing through it for the first time yesterday.

For a moment here, I thought you were talking about A:CM, and was really confused.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

I will argue this. Forget that it's Aliens, even if it were an unlicensed first person shooter it would be middling to aggressively mediocre.

Yeah, the gunplay's bad, the level design is hit-and-miss, and the enemies go from boring (humans) to terrible (aliens) in terms of challenge, AI, and design. That said, I've had a couple brief shining moments where I go "well, maybe it's not that bad" but they're few and far between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Blacktoll posted:

Hey, so, Admiral Bosch and I have a game going in AvP2010. Steam ID is Blacktoll. :getin:

Fun fact: Admiral Bosch is a plasmacasting turdmaster and should be tail-skewered with EXTREME PREJUDICE.

• Locked thread