Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

This thread makes me want to reinstall AVP2.

Last time I did with Win7, the audio was really fast, and it cut off before it was finished. Has anyone gotten AVP2 to play nicely on Windows 7?

EDIT: Checking it quickly, it seems that everything is just a bit too fast. I don't know how to throttle the game down though, so it plays at the proper speed. It's as if the game is running so fast that the audio files don't have enough time to finish.

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Glad I didn't preorder this.

Regarding a spoiler in the intro, though:
I realize that bringing Hicks back retcons Alien 3, but didn't everyone pretty much agree that Alien 3 sucked, and that William Gibson's alternative story dropping Ripley for Hicks and Bishop killing aliens all the time sounded way cooler? The RPS review made it pretty clear that the dialogue sucked, but I think if the game had been well done, retconning Hicks' death would have probably been an awesome thing.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I picked up Aliens: Infestation on recommendation from this thread. Seems cool so far, though it's much more brutal than the Super Metroid/Metroid Fusion gameplay I am used to. Any tips from people who have this?

Specifically, things were alright till I hit the first Boss, where I lost two lives, though I'll chalk that up to general lack of experience with the game. The soldiers in the second segment were pretty nasty though -- I don't know how to flush them from cover without using grenades. They fire so fast when they pop up.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Tezzeract posted:

Honestly, there's a difference between criticism and harassment. What Twitter user wouldn't block comments like that?

This is such a problem in the gamer community.

"Treat us gamers with respect and stop piling on DRM and lovely games designed to appeal to wide audiences without taking risks!"

"Oh my god I hated the last five minutes of ME3 I'm going to spew racial slurs and hate from my mouth while rating the game 0 on Amazon even though I didn't play it and only heard about this from third parties!"

I get that A:CM sucks, but we've pretty much created an environment where the response is going to be vitriolic awful mouth vomit all the time, which makes it hard to take risks, and harder still to listen to the people who are actually giving reasonable feedback.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Triggsz posted:

^^ Meta entertainment. Randy had it planned all along! :tinfoil:

Next he'll introduce Drama Rights Management to ensure that only paying customers get to see his tweets without ...blocked.

• Locked thread