Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs!
I found this thread after the total biscuit video about preordering games came up in my feed, and it's been very entertaining. So thanks, goons.

Palpek posted:

Jesus, you post huge walls of text in this thread where you completely detach from the main point being discussed with every coming paragraph.

People are talking about a particular game from a very well known IP called Aliens that is advertised everywhere with interviews with the game director stating that it's actually a full blown sequel to the movies but in gaming form.

When this particular game turned out mediocre-to-poo poo it received additional backlash it was asking for by deliberately building hype to irrational proportions beforehand.

This has nothing to do with Inversion receiving poor reviews because they were given for completely different reasons.

It sounds kind of like a roundabout defense of the game, but where one doesn't want to actually openly defend the game (intentionally or not). "Well, if I point out the double standards regarding reviews, I can cast doubt on the entire review process, and this will allow me to pretend that an absolute poo poo game is possibly maybe mediocre."

It's like a Pinky and the Brain plot though, the dots just don't connect the way the Brain thinks they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs!

Alchenar posted:

I really don't know what kind of damages they could be asking for beyond 'I want a refund', which in this case SEGA would probably be wise to accept.

The suit would probably have some kind of punitive damages attached to it in addition to any refind requests, I would imagine. The settlement will likely not even address refunds, and will do nothing to discourage this kind of behavior in the future. IMO.

• Locked thread