Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Those of you emulating the game with Dolphin, do you have a best-case setup you can share with us? I went through the trouble of buying the component cable and component-VGA kit so I can play on my TV, but I'm still interested in trying out Dolphin for how amazing it would make the game look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
How do I activate a chain attack? I know I have to have all three member bars filled before doing so, but once this happens I have no idea what to do next. I see the lines connecting all of my party members but there's no prompt to set it off. I re-read the in-game tutorial on it but it wasn't of much help.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
This game has amazing load times. Case in point, I didn't know it was possible to do seamless quick travel on a game that runs entirely from the disc.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Fourteen hours in and I'm just now working my way through the mines into Colony 6. I'm having too much fun exploring every nook and cranny and filling out all of an area's map.

What's the point of "secret areas"? I've found two of them so far but there didn't seem to be anything special about them.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Can I have my allies automatically focus on the enemy I have targeted by default, or do I have to tell them to concentrate their fire every time I enter battle? It's not a big deal to hit Zr and Up (on the Classic Controller), but sometimes I forget and battles go on longer than they need to.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
I was in Satorl Marsh when I was given the quest to kill the unique giant bird mob . Unfortunately I'd killed it on the way to get the quest since I didn't know any better. How long does it take for unique mobs to respawn?

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
So yesterday I realized that Shulk doesn't have to be a member of the party. Last night I took a look at the party relationship and realized that Reyn, Sharla, and Dunban were all cold to each other, while Shulk's relationships with everyone were all really high. In an effort to boost party relations, I made Sharla, Reyn, and Dunban the active party members and decided to play with them for a while until they all start liking each other more.

It's such a strange concept to me that the "main character" can be pushed off to the sidelines and that I can play with a group comprised solely of secondary characters.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Welp...I accidentally deleted my 40-hour save after bumping Zr on the load screen and confirming deletion thanks to muscle memory. I was level 41 and was just about to return to the High Entia castle to send Melia to the Entia tomb. Does anyone have a save file around that point that they could send me? I'm not looking forward to replaying everything to get back to that point, I spent soooo much time on side quests. :(

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Lex Averial posted:

Send me a PM with an email or something and I'll send it to you.
PM sent!

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Is there a first-person view option I've been missing? I made it to Valak Mountain and it's another one of those areas that would be awesome to look around without the character models getting in the way. There are even places overlooking the area that almost feel like the game intended you to take in the majesty of it all.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
So do Dunban's "better stats when not wearing armor" skills really require him to not wear any armor? I just find it amusing that the game wants me to play with a character in their underwear in order to power them up.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Strange Matter posted:

Ha ha ha I was looking on the complete opposite side of the Sea.
On that note, has anyone else noticed that the map will complete itself after you've accomplished...something? I'm not 100% sure what that something is. I get the feeling that it happens after you've explored 99% of the map, but I also think it might happen automatically once you've found all of the map's named areas. I enjoy exploring the levels, but some areas (*cough*Eryth Sea*cough*) are brutal for having too many off-the-beaten-path places you have to go out of your way to find. Does anyone know for certain what triggers this?

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
I just faced off against Jade/Gadolt Face - how far into the game am I? I'm already at 60 hours so I'm anticipating at least another 40 hours of gameplay.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Late-game spoilers: Are the alternate Machina Monado worth grinding pickups for? I'm not really looking forward to playing hide-and-seek all along the Bionis so I'll probably just pull up a guide on where everything is.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
For clarification, if I'm in battle and suddenly start losing health even if an enemy is dazed or stunned, then my character is suffering spike damage, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
End-game boss question: How can I beat Zanza's final form? My guys are level 78 and the furthest I was ever able to hurt him was to about half health. I seem to do fine until he summons his guardians, at which point I get overwhelmed and scramble to keep everyone alive. Should I just go back and power level my characters a few more levels before taking him on?

• Locked thread