Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
more like FAILdows get it
Nov 19, 2007

punch a friend in the butt
This is kind of alarming--I pre-ordered the game months ago from Gamestop and haven't received any notification that it was ready to be picked up. I guess I should call them but isn't it normal for them to send automated reminders the day before a pre-ordered game is released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 19, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I finally got mine. It's definitely a JRPG, it has a caring female protagonist, an oblivious male protagonist, his happy-go-lucky friend, and a magic sword with hidden power. Can't say much more on only an hour or so of playing though. Norio Wakamoto showed up in the first five minutes so that's a good sign.

Don't worry, the usual formula gets shaken up a bit pretty soon.

Nov 19, 2007

discgolferguy posted:

First of all, I apologize for being out of the loop on this one - I JUST discovered this thread and Xenoblade. I NEED this game.

My quesiton is... I am shopping around online, trying to find a copy for sale - it's either backordered, sold out, or overpriced. Literally everywhere. What's the deal with that? Where did you guys pick it up?

ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!~

You basically needed to pre-order it to get a copy. There was whole big campaign and everything! Run out to your nearest Gamestop though...the one I went to had plenty extra in stock and everyone else I've talked to who pre-ordered the game said the same thing.

Like seriously, go now if you can, there's no guarantee that any more than the initial shipment will be printed.

Nov 19, 2007

Wow, you can learn some pretty cool stuff just by talking to NPCs. For instance, apparently the Colony 9 questgiver NPC Desiree's father is Xord. Kind of a minute detail that doesn't have a huge baring on the plot, but pretty cool that there are those interesting tidbits hidden in mundane NPC dialogue. Although the above example basically reveals very early on one of the game's plot twists.

more like FAILdows get it fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 17, 2012

Nov 19, 2007

So I've finally gotten to the point where my party is no longer 6 levels above everything, which required me to pretty much completely stop doing sidequests. The problem is that I REALLY want to do the sidequests but they make the main game so drat boring with the insane amount of experience that gets thrown your way. I don't mind steamrolling the occasional boss, it makes me feel powerful and effective, but when nothing can stand in your way it makes everything feel trivial. I honestly find myself wishing for 50% less experience so I can do everything and explore every location. I mean, do I really need 1100XP for walking up a hill?

I guess I can save sidequesting for my next playthrough, but if I do it on New Game+ then I'll be overleveled and that won't solve the problem of trivializing everything. If I want to do a playthrough where I do everything should I just start a brand new game once I've finished? As much as I adore this game (it really is just the loving BEST) it's making me long for the days of cheat codes and Gamesharks so I could just look up an EXP reduction code or something.

Louisgod posted:

I'm pretty sure that the only studio that can topple this game or at least match it in scope is Monolith Soft and Tetsuya Takahashi.

That's assuming they can break it, first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 19, 2007

So I just got the 7th character and while I saw the whole thing coming the sequence still managed to blow my mind. Unfortunately afterward while looking up some general information online I got the final boss spoiled for me! While I also saw that one coming, I'm still really bothered by having that detail spoiled. Can somebody reassure me that there are still a lot of plot twists and mysteries to be unveiled so I don't feel so lovely about getting spoiled? I'm currently at Fallen Arm and I need reassurance to calm my soul :smith:

• Locked thread