Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

I just got a raise and now have a bigger entertainment budget to work with so I'm definitely gonna pick this up today. I don't have a wii yet though, gonna wait until the semester is over for that so I don't fail all my classes playing xenoblade and endless ocean and such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

i walked 3 miles round trip yesterday morning to pick it up only to find that they hadn't been sent any art book. then at like 3PM they called me and told me they had just come in so i made another 3 mile round trip

oh well, i really need to get back into walking anyway

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

just finished buying everything i need to run the game (my laptop can't handle emulating it)

Xenoblade Chronicles $50
Wii $80
classic controller pro $15
Tax about $10

if this game sucks im gonna toilet paper louisgod's house

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

KoB posted:

Well mine looks like absolute poo poo, is there any way to improve it without buying new cables? It says a lot that this looks like poo poo with an out-of-box console. Maybe its just because my TV is 1080p?

iirc the Wii doesn't do high definition unless you buy special cables. even then it only goes up to like 480p

or you could get like me and experience the game the way it was meant with a $15 tv from goodwill :dukedog:

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

played for an hour or so. i couldn't find a way to change resolution so the game runs in letterbox view on my 4:3 television. combined with the screen being fuzzy for some reason, it's hard to read the text sometimes, or more importantly what buttons you're being told to press in order to do things. If anyone has suggestions for either of these options I'd appreciate it (My GameCube worked fine with all the games I played on this TV with)

aside from that rubbish it's probably too early to give an impression yet, I'm liking the general feel of the game at least. looking forward to going exploring

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

Chaltab posted:

It seems like Monolith really intended this game to be played in progressive scan. If your TV doesn't support component input, I don't know that there's much you can do.

i bought it for $15 from a thrift store and it's so old it has a built in VHS slot

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

Finally got a chance to play this for a couple hours and honestly it's not leaving me too enthralled. I don't really "get" the combat system yet, but on the other hand it reminds me too much of guild wars and I guess other MMOs. I did a bunch of exploring the initial area and did a few quest and I still got steamrolled by the first "boss" (My party was level 6 and he was level 10). Overall I don't know why it's not really gripping me, I guess I'll give it a second chance and see if I enjoy it more then.

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

Bonaventure posted:

The first boss I can remember I wouldn't describe as a he, or a singular pronoun at all. Are you sure you didn't just run into a unique monster? Tephra Cave has a giant caterpillar thing unique monster slapped down right in the middle of the second room you explore, which I think is a lovely design decision, but whatever. If that's what's killing you, just run from it or avoid attracting its attention. It's optional.

yeah that's the one. after dying i ground up another two levels to level 8 and then just bolted past the level 10 monster to fight other level 8 enemies on the other side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

is there a way to change which party member you're playing as?

• Locked thread