Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
...in the old thread, I lamented that this was only on Wii. I live with three other people, and we like to play family games, mostly guitar hero(s). Well, today after I had forgotten about it, gamestop had a deal for a new Wii + Super Mario Bros Wii for $150.

Thinking that'd be fun, I bought it, and at the cashier, I saw this game, and was all like, "Holy poo poo! That Game!" And promtly started explaining to a roommate why it was a big deal. Didn't even know it was released here until I saw it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

sudonim posted:

One of the thousand reasons this game is awesome is that death isn't so much a penalty as it is a slap on the wrist. Once you embrace that mentality you won't feel bad at all about punching level 70 gorillas right in the face or jumping off the edge of the world.

When I got to the edge of the world for the first time, I spent a moment taking in the view, then jumped right the gently caress off to see what would happen...and I died. And by dying that way, I got an achievement, which gave me XP, which leveled me up. All it cost me was a five minute walk back from the last landmark.

XENOBLADE IS A GAME WHERE DYING CAN GET YOU LEVELS HOLY poo poo

Plus it's the best monster murder simulator since FFXII.

Jesus Christ, it has never been this excruciating to be poor before :negative:

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
How good would this look on a couple-year old t.v.? One of the old first-gen flat-screena. Like, unreadable text, terrible graphics, what?

E: eh, gently caress it, just bought a wii vga cable. Use my monitor.

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 15, 2012

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Welp, game's pretty good at 26 hours in. I'm in satori marsh, level 32.

Was exploring Bionis's Leg, went to the shrine, and see a red majigger next to a cliff. I instinctly pick it up, and a UM spider one level above me climbs up the cliff and attacks! :supaburn: I get him on thr second try, barely

E: Hey, turns out the red pickup was related to a quest in Satori Marsh. After placing it at an altar, three more giant spiders attack! :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn: Was actually easier than the lone one, though.

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 22, 2012

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
People keep talking about healing by using chain attacks, but Shulk's Friendship Heals only heals 5%. What am I missing?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
How do I get more chain links? I have everyone use the same color, but the last attack ends it. Just luck?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Tip for people trying to get Dust Elements for the Special Level 2: do the quest "Dangerous Ambition", and go where Dadada is. In this area is two of the Caeris Nebula right next to each other. Save in front of them, fight both, and if you dont get them, reload, bish bash bosh.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
So, I don't find the nopon's way of speech cute. I find it annoying. However, in Frontier Village, there is a nopon who says they studied our lanquage for years, and calculated the perfect cuteness ratio or something. Basically they do it on purpose to appear cute. So, yeah.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Holy loving poo poo, the (end-game spoilers) Lorethia fight is the greatest load of horse poo poo ever. Topple, art seal, sleep, confuse, bind, adds, poison river the boss keeps pushing you in, an attack vision every 10 seconds. Guess i'll comb the thread for advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
e: thanks for the advice all, the key was bringing Melia. Get rocked.

Welp, just beat the game with a little over 90 hours. Thats no padding. Normal sidequesting and exploring.

I didnt have to grind any levels. My party was level 77, and the reserve ones were 76. Last few fights were very fun.

Hahahaha, naked dodgetank dunban is running through Sword Valley slicing up mechon on the ng+. "Is...is that guy in his underwear?" "Dunban's kinda weird, yeah"

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 30, 2012

• Locked thread