Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

FairGame posted:

Uh, is my order from Nintendo supposed to say "backordered?" Shouldn't it have shipped?

Very good question, since mine is saying that as well. I ordered back in late February from Nintendo, though now I kinda wish I'd gone Gamestop since apparently there's an artbook I missed out on. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

If someone who did do the Gamestop preorder was only mildly interested in the artbook, I'll pay money for a copy. Never mind, it was already being sold on eBay. :v:

I went in to ask if they'd sell me one anyway, and the girl said that no one even knew where they were. Yeah, way to distribute stuff, Nintendo. So I just bought a copy of Dark Souls to tide myself over. :emo:

Mazed fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 6, 2012

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

They seem to have a habit of misplacing preorder bonuses. I remember I did preorder Xenosaga 3 from them, which also came with an artbook, but they had trouble actually finding where they'd put the drat things.

If you can't get the clerk to dig around right there, my suggestion is to hang onto your receipt and head back in a few days. It seems they're misplacing shipments left and right.

Also, if anyone else who preordered from Nintendo.com gets any info on just what the hell "on backorder" actually means (a mistake? a delay? how long?), please share that information with us. :sigh:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

So it seems a lot of the team of past Xeno-games is behind this, and I'm looking over the characters in the main post again (and wishing Nintendo would mail me my video game). For those playing now: Does this Dunban guy give off Citan/Jin-type vibes? Dignified-looking slightly more mature guy with a katana and military background.

I wonder if he also turns out to be a dick of grand magnitude like ol' Doc. :allears:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Junkie Disease posted:

Dunban to me was Shanks from one piece. Whats Citan/Jin from?

Oh, that's cool then.

Those previous games featured a dude with a very similar look to him, so I figured it was another call-back. In 'gears he was some kind of ambiguous "doctor" and also sort of a dick (though it may not have been intentional to write him that way) and a completely broken character in combat, and 'saga he was a generally inoffensive bookworm type, and not quite as broken.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

I'm still waiting on my copy to arrive from Nintendo, but I decided I'd indulge myself and listen to the soundtrack.

Holy poo poo. :aaaaa:

It's like the composer deliberately set up to surpass XS3's Godsibb. They may have succeeded.

This is pretty sweet too.

(mind the Youtube comments, which are probably spoiler-laden, EDIT: as are possibly track titles. May want to open in new tabs/windows and simply listen)

Mazed fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 10, 2012

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

SomeChump posted:

The first track's title is a gigantic spoiler, might wanna mention that in your post (and be careful what tracks you listen to yourself ;))

Thanks. Made some changes, had a sneaking suspicion.

And, figured...always a slight risk of spoilers via music, albeit ambiguously so. But, having listened to the whole four-disk collection through, I don't regret doing so in the slightest. This is a god-tier soundtrack, and the three composers behind this have done proud, if not surpassed previous games of the Xeno title.

If anyone is interested, Here's a non-Youtube full playlist that I put together. As with before, mind possible title-related spoilers.

I cannot wait for this to arrive. For once, it seems like excitement for a new game may actually be justified.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Apr 10, 2012

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Utnayan posted:

That is the problem with most video game voice acting. When movie studios do it, they put everyone in a room together like they are really acting through the characters in the movie. For video games, it's all captured seperately and edited in throughout the entire game and definitely doesn't have the same result.

Either way, great stuff.

I wonder if Xenoblade did that, what with the praise for the English VAs. Man. Why is this not done more. Naughty Dog does, and it's the reason the Uncharted series is so commended for memorable character interactions--hell, the actors do the mo-cap and voice-acting both.

Granted, going to these lengths may not be possible for localizations (no one's gonna re-animate the whole thing to accomodate a new voice cast) but why big-budget game studios don't at least bring actors face to face is beyond me.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

My computer was top of the line around 2008, so Dolphin, at least ridiculously sweet-looking cranked-up Dolphin, doesn't seem to be a good option. Ah well, I've been meaning to buy a Wii sooner or later anyway. :v:

I've got a really nice 1080 screen, but my PS2's graphics, plugged in through the three-prong composite cables, look like they've been smeared in old vaseline. I don't want Xenoblade looking like that. Composite cables are those five-prong dealies, yeah? Does anyone have a particularly recommended brand, or does it not matter much so long as they're functional?

vvv Well then! :buddy:

Mrit posted:

Remember that you have to change your settings in the Wii System Settings to get the full benefit of these cables.

Anything exotic, or is this a fairly straightforward menu-options affair?

Mazed fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 11, 2012

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

sudonim posted:

edit: ^^^ Can someone go into the appeal of Skies of Arcadia? I didn't think it was bad, but I felt it was kinda generic and anime. I got bored and never finished.

It hasn't aged particularly well. The premise wasn't original, but it did have a pretty unique setting, presentation, and gimmick. It really stood out among that generation of RPGs, though; most of them were starting to take themselves way, way seriously, in the wake of FF7, and here was something that was incredibly bright, colorful, featuring an upbeat cast of characters and a hero who was optimistic to a fault, having an adventure that was an adventure for the sake of ADVENTURE! Give or take an evil empire doing evil empire stuff. :v:

You know, putting it all in perspective, it occurs that Xenoblade could be very accurately described as the bastard lovechild of Xenogears and Skies of Arcadia.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

It's got the barest of similarities, if anything (the name "Monado", is a reference to Gnosticism, woo :v:), but otherwise anything similar is just due to being from the same authorship.

In an interview somewhere, I think Takahashi said something along the lines of "This is the game we've been trying to make", and that it took two messes to realize that going too heavy on cutscenes inevitably drowned the game and devoured the budget.

They hadn't actually planed on adding Xeno- to the name in the first place, but supposedly they did that so it'd bring recognition to the team behind it.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

Yeah, the original title was Monado: Beginning of the World, right?

Guess adding the Xeno helps negligibly with sales, though :v:

Correct. It's sorta-sound reasoning from a marketing standpoint. 'gears and 'saga are relatively well-known, so more likely to attract attention.

As for "Monado", to elaborate further, that (if you didn't know :eng101:) is based on "Monad", the Gnostic term for the origin point of all existence, both physical and spiritual. The beginning of the world, if you will...Takahashi will never stop injecting his favorite obscure Christian heresy into video games somehow.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Before learning who was making the game, to be honest, I though "monado" sounded like some kind of brand of cheese. I dunno.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Heads-up: any European dude who registers Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower (which came out today) on the NOE Club Nintendo page is eligible for a commemorative coin dealio:

Limited stock, first-come first-served. I wonder if they had this planned all along, or if it's a response to the whole Operation Rainfall thing. Hmm.

This could be a great sign that all three games are planned for North America.

But then, it could also just be Nintendo trolling.

(What the hell is Pandora's Tower anyway? All I know is it was a part of this, and that getting it in NA would be a morale victory, if nothing else. :v: )

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Here I thought poo poo was real as soon as Metal Face first showed up (We knew each other for such a short time, Fiora, but you were the most :black101: love interest in any JRPG. I salute you). So it gets even more real, eh?

I'm like ten hours in and I only just got out of Tephra cave. Jesus CHRIST they went completely nuts with quests. It's neat how they help to lend flavor to the regions they take place in. And it's also nice how I'm probably like ten levels higher than I need to be thanks to those, and even boss monsters have trouble just landing a hit on us.

Still, I could see getting burnt out on this game really quickly if I can't learn to occasionally ignore every '!' that pops up.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Alris posted:

Open your menu, select the far left option, pick the zone you want to fast travel to.

This is the best feature. More RPGs need it. And it's done so smoothly it doesn't feel like you're skipping content so much as just cuing a scene change: Dungeon! Big monster! Kill it! *skip* Back in town! "Yo, I killed your monster." *skip* Right back to nearly the same spot in the dungeon, moving right along.

Blind Sally posted:

The game has a New Game + option. I recommend you take on less sidequests and leave some unexplored regions on the map in order to concentrate on the story. When your levels are closer to the enemy's fights are a little more harrowing and interesting. Furthermore, on NG+, you'll be able to explore at your leisure with all your unlocked arts, levels, and most items.

Nice. Are there multiple endings accessible only via New Game+, by chance, or is it just a thing to help replays fly by?

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Taking my sweet time. Maybe halfway through Satorl Marsh.

I may be overleveled, but actually being able to beat up those horrible gigantic bugs that always show up on these quests the Nopon like to give me feels good.

We're quite the sight, this team. Reyn looks like a giant mecha out of a cartoon in heavy armor, Sharla is rocking the cowgirl-jungle-princess look, and Dunban is looking stupid-sexy in his Agility-pumped shirtlessness.

The costume design in this game went on past Dumb, tripped over Ludicrous, and landed somewhere in Eye-Searingly Fabulous.

Speaking of, is it me, or is Sharla the most tactically-sound choice of leader at this stage in the game? Her AI for healing is kind of brainless, but being about to manually control whom she heals and when makes hard fights pretty manageable.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

See, the lack of damage is noticeable, true, but I find putting Sharla in the lead to be enjoyable, at last occasionally, because her slower and methodical style feels just different enough from the others to make it refreshing. This game's AI for putting out sheer damage is pretty good, so pulling back and focusing on maintaining your offense indirectly feels like a viable way to go. Of course, it could all be a matter of personal taste.

HalfHazard posted:

Man, everyone's said a lot about how great this game is, but there is just one little detail about it that I love: when it's raining, it doesn't loving rain THROUGH things. Like if you're in a cave they don't just turn off the rain overlay, it's just not raining in the cave, and you can see it raining outside. Or if you stand under an awning outdoors, there's no loving rain falling THROUGH it. It rains where it is supposed to rain. This stupid insignificant detail bugs me all the time but this game actually saw fit to make rain look good, among all the other great stuff about it.

I noticed this as well. There is some serious technical wizardry going on behind the scenes in this game. They had to, in order to make it look as good as it does on a Wii. If you look very, very carefully, you can see the various corners cut in the name of graphical efficiency, but you have to know what to look for in the first place to even notice. What's nice is, even if you do notice these things, the environments are so well done that you just get a better appreciation.

HalfHazard posted:

I'm at the (early game area spoiler)Satorl Marsh and fuckin' loving this game. I can't believe I'm only at like 20%. Thank you goons so much for the recommendation. :)

I'll say this for that place:

Early on, you're like, "Oh, okay, day/night cycles" and it's a thing you've seen from other games.

They you hit the marsh, and you see them start to get creative with the effect that the cycle has on the environment. And it is wonderful.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Got Melia, still figuring out exactly how she works. Indirect kind of nuke/support, from what it looks like. May need to pump her more full of Ether to get that working properly. Dunban, meanwhile, is running circles around Reyn in terms of tank effectiveness, as he is nearly impossible to hit. Reyn, Dunban, and Shulk are essentially an unstoppable freight train of death, but I can't drop Melia because her combat quotations are a delight. Cannot wait to see what she and Riki are like on the battlefield. :3:

Having blockheadedly spoilered myself by simply looking for Xenoblade fanart, and having found out who 7th is; exactly what is that character's combat role?

Fake edit: Okay, does this game continue to outdo itself with each successive areas in terms of visuals, or what? In the jungle, I just found an incredibly convoluted hidden path that led to a tiny spur of rock overlooking the waterfalls from thousands of feet in the air. And it's designated a "secret area", so I can jump there and just have a look any drat time. :swoon:

Mazed fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 24, 2012

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Alright, I got Riki.

Jesus christ, he talks like a muppet.

I want to use this guy, though, but I cannot actually figure out how. Seems Riki has a lot of buffs and debuffs but mediocre offense? Similar skills in that regard to what Shulk has, but never comes close to hitting as hard. Does anyone have any pointers?

ZebTM posted:

Finally got a chance to play this for a couple hours and honestly it's not leaving me too enthralled. I don't really "get" the combat system yet, but on the other hand it reminds me too much of guild wars and I guess other MMOs. I did a bunch of exploring the initial area and did a few quest and I still got steamrolled by the first "boss" (My party was level 6 and he was level 10). Overall I don't know why it's not really gripping me, I guess I'll give it a second chance and see if I enjoy it more then.

Generally speaking, you want to be at least evenly-matched before taking on named/boss monsters.

As for everything else in this game, just give it time. Nearly every mechanic is rather opaque at first, but the more you do it, the more sense it starts to make. This is especially evident in the combat system--there's a learning curve, but once you become accustomed to what's going on, it becomes incredibly fun, fast-paced, and engaging, and you will start to absolutely relish the moments in tougher battles where a good strategy comes together.

The same is true for Affinity. Upfront you're probably wondering why the hell all this stuff you're seeing about NPCs even matters, and why you have an affinity chart in the first place, but as you go on, particularly if you regularly do sidequests, you'll see the big picture pan out. It's a nice, unexpected way of adding further color to the game's setting.

Also a piece of advice: If you want to do a lot of quests, don't sell random items/materials. Questing alone gets you giant piles of money, and there's plenty of inventory space. You'll appreciate this when you can complete quests instantly because you already have the goods, saving you legwork and still granting massive rewards.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 10:45 on May 1, 2012

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Tyma posted:

His basic gimmick is that he lets you pull off chain attacks a lot more often, and has DOTs that tick for silly ammounts of damage if you cast them at the end of a Max Chain.

I always put him as member #3 in any party that doesn't need a dedicated healer. When you can chain attack, burst with your leader, topple with the #2, and then have Riki cast Happy Happy, to start filling the gauge back up again. Use any remaining chain links to cast (red) damage abilities, and when the chain finishes, start unloading on the toppled mob (cast another Topple or Daze spell on it if you can).

Because of Happy Happy, the party gauge is almost full again by the time the topple ends. Riki's arguably the best party member, but I'd never choose to play as him. Playing as Shulk or the final party member usually lets you put Riki to best use.

Suddenly all of his stuff makes sense. Thanks! Now to make a party with Shulk, Dunban, and Riki, and watch everything just die. Can't wait to get Seventh and turn the whole group into a ghastly meatgrinder. :black101:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Mezzanon posted:

Or just nut up and steam roll that caterpillar like the chump that it is.

Or you could even walk around it, since sight-aggro enemies are absolutely blind to all but that which is actually in front of them. :v:

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

And I'm thinking, when am I going to get a break from this? And thankfully, I did after that. But I think I sense a pattern of victory-asskicking-narrow-escape in the game.

You do. Those early Mechon encounters are plot-relevant, if kind of annoying in terms of gameplay.

Mind, if those battles didn't keep instantly going to cutscene the second time the Monado was ready to roll, there's no reason you couldn't eventually trash Metal Face & Zord in their very first fights. :colbert:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Of the voices so far, I'd have to nominate Melia's as the best. Her actress manages to convey both regal elegance alongside bubbly aristocratic snootiness and actually make it sound genuine. I cannot help but smile every time she finishes a chain attack with that "Bravo, oh bravo!"

Dr. Stab posted:

Dunban tanks best by having a high agility and dodging all attacks. Having no armor increases his agility.

You'll notice that, at least for a short while after you get him, Dunban's optimal equipment is the "swimwear" stuff, as it generally is best for Agility. So if you haven't gotten him yet, you can look forward to manly shirtless samurai action.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

YggiDee posted:

I believe that track your talking about is Confrontation With the Enemy, and if it isn't, it drat well should be.

Oh yeah, that's gotta be it.

It's got such a buildup, too. It's stirring to begin with, but when the choir kick in around halfway through, it rockets right into :black101:-overload.

The only problem with this music is that it doesn't loop, and only plays through once whenever these scenes come up before switching to normal boss music. This sort of thing needs to play through entire fights.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

LeeDless posted:

At what point in the story can I begin the Colony 6 reconstruction side-quest?

I'm already in Makna Forest and I still don't have the option of moving the refugees.

You can start around the time you reach the end of Satorl Marsh. Colony 6 will be open for entry, but mostly wreckage. If I recall, you're given a quest that sends you to do a few things on Bionis' Leg, and once that's done you'll be given the option, at the Refugee Camp, to have everyone pack up and move. FYI, that's when the timed quests for the area expire.

From that point, prepare yourself for a lot of fetch-quest and moneysink-type activity, but you should be good if you've hung on to a lot of random items and haven't bought much but manuals from shops. A tip: If you've been keeping up to date with the item collection log, it serves as a handy reference on where to find most of the stuff you'll need if you ever find yourself lacking.

If you're at Makna now, you should be able to advance most of the stuff up to level 2, and subsequent advances require goods you can obtain from progressively higher-level areas.

If you haven't already, you should definitely at least raise it all up to level 1. The reward that you receive allows you to create gems on the go. Talk to the gem merchant in Colony 9 for the related quest.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Xenoblade brings us the heartfelt message that murdering together makes you better friends.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

C-Euro posted:

That's actually one of the unique things about this game- in lots of other RPGs (moreso jRPGs), your characters can be friends, rivals etc. with one another but it almost never really is apparent in the game outside of plot stuff. Here, being friends with your teammates is actually a gameplay mechanism (encouraging others during battle) that has impact on how you develop your characters (skill links, gem crafting to a lesser extent). Maybe I just missed all the good examples of this in other games but this is maybe the first time where I've felt my party is a team that cares about one another.

It's true, and this is the reason why I don't think I've ever felt as truly invested and engaged by the central cast of a video game since maybe...Chrono Trigger? And I'm not sure even then.

The way the combat dialogue is in Xenoblade, it's a fantastic antidote to boredom during grinding--not that this game requires too much of it, but the various exchanges and the easy delivery of the voicework makes it seem a lot more like they're out having an adventure, alleviating the feeling that you're just mechanically repeating actions.

The little nooks and crannies tucked away throughout the environments are a godsend for this as well. The plot has plenty of grand twists and reveals, but you still get those pure-gameplay moments you remember just as well, like sneaking through that lizard-man castle in the marsh because some totally random side quest led you there, or finding a concealed path in the forest that twists and turns before finally opening up to a spectacular view of the falls.

Agh, dammit all, video game, why you gotta make me feel that feeling you remember back when every game was this great?

TurnipFritter posted:

This is the worst quest.

Yeah, even when you have friggin' quests like this. :v:

Melia needs to open up more. She's been in the group pratically since she showed up but she's only just now giving me a faint green smiley-face with Shulk as we're done with Makna and a bunch of other side quests.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Vil posted:

And yeah, there's a soundtrack, and like most JRPG soundtracks it only got released in Japan. So import, or listen to it on YouTube or something.

If you want, here's the whole thing on a non-YouTube music streaming site. Ads there are sort of irritating, but only pop up once a session.

drat good soundtrack, but mind possible spoiler-ish stuff in track titles.

Alternatively: Here's "Riki the Legendary Hero" on loop for 30 minutes. :allears:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Strange, I didn't find Achamoth to be too terribly awful. Having a Quick Step III gem, doing most of the city-wandering at night (when the music is actually very nice), and shotgunning the whole drat thing in a day may have helped.

I get this weird stupid fanboy joy in seeing that Melia's silhouette (in her default outfit) is identical to that of Marguerite from Xenogears. :3:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

So I've put in just over 100 hours now, and we, the whole drat crew (:woop:) are just leaving Fallen Arm.

I'm fairly sure I could have beaten the game some 30-odd hours ago, but I get sidetracked. A lot. What's the halfway-point of this game again? :v:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Question regarding Seventh:

What's the best way to turn this character into a tank? Just equipping the tank-specific armor set (the "Power" stuff) doesn't quite seem to cut it, as they still have a whole lot less survivability than Reyn and Dunban. Should I be focusing on specific talents and linking specific skills, and is there any particular gear I ought to be on the lookout for?

I freaking love this character's whole style (the combat animations and quotes are awesome), but so far they seem kind of sub-par in each potential role compared to everyone else. :v:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Go figure. :v: Guess it ain't party-time until your tank has occasional giggle-fits and the guy bringing up the rear is a muppet. Think I'll throw Dunban in the middle because "BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE!" never ceases to amaze.

For being the mature and level-headed guy of the group, he is such a ham.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Sharla seems underrated. She's really good in the lead, I've found, particularly when you're going defensive. She saved my rear end a few times try to take down those bullshit fortress-mechon in Sword Valley.

On another note, I've noticed, with Seven (dammit, it sucks that everything about them is a spoiler :argh: ), the dynamic between this character and Reyn in their random exchanges is great.

If you have any siblings that you love to death but absolutely cannot resist messing with at every opportunity? This is exactly what they are.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Yeah, I guess...she kinda...is...

gently caress you, jiggle physics, I thought we grew out of this poo poo already.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Spikey-Riki is fuckin' :rock:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

wefeelgroove posted:

I find myself equipping not the best armor but the least silly-looking. I really don't need my roommates walking in while my party is a couple of shirtless dudes and a chick in a bikini plastered up on the big screen TV. Having your clothes change with different armor is a nifty idea but oh god, so much fanservice, and in both directions! Oddly enough, my Riki is currently naked save for his goofy knit hat, but he doesn't count because he's an adorable ball of fluff. :3

Two dudes in full armor + Sharla in a bikini is kind of embarassing.

Swimtrunks Dodgetank Dunban + Jungle Princess Sharla + just Riki is solid gold.

But see, what you really want someone to walk in on is when you have Shulk shirtless in the cutscene in Makna where Alvis shows up.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 5, 2012

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I had accidentally unequipped Reyn's shirt (gave the armor to Dunban for a boss battle, I think) in a certain late-game cutscene where he interacts with Sharla. Turned it straight from "sweet cutscene where friends comfort each other" to "harlequin romance" with Reyn showing off them abs.

I submit that the change was for the better.

Great idea: Unequip everyone's shirts right before you hit a checkpoint. Xenoblade becomes a whole new game then.

TenaCrane posted:

"YOU'RE NOTHING BUT FLIES TO ME!"

Thankfully, he has the most annoying battle banter in the game, there isn't anyone else who's as much of a loudmouth. I rather enjoyed the way that fight was set up, in hindsight. It's an absolute clusterfuck where the player probably doesn't have any idea about this strange talking mechon and his constant screaming that confuses you even more.

The "banter" during faced Mechon battles is actually pretty great. You can't make out a drat thing they're actually saying, particularly Metal Face, so you just have this manic incoherent screaming on top of all the violence and mayhem. It's how boss battles truly ought to be!

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Dunban and (mostly) Melia are the only characters generally capable of dressing themselves properly. Shulk, now, Shulk doesn't look bad at a glance, but the more you actually stare at his default outfit, the more you wonder what's actually going on there.

That said, the look of Shulk's "jungle"-theme pants is actually pretty stylin'.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Is it bad that I the first thing I noticed about Sharla's jungle outfit is that her hairdo is pretty great?

No way, man. That style looks great.

Personally, what bugs me more than the always-gratuitous cleavage on Sharla, is that most of her equipment, except for the default stuff, looks incredibly uncomfortable to actually wear. Same with pretty much all heavy armor on everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Traxis posted:

Is there any way to mute the voices during battle? I'm only an hour into the game and its already starting to annoy me.

If you dislike the banter during battle, this may not be the game for you.

They're one of the things that makes the game for me.

• Locked thread