Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
COME ON, GAMESTOP, OPEN ALREADY SO I CAN PICK UP MY COPY OF THIS GAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Oh, gently caress you guys for talking me into buying what is probably the most engaging game I've ever played. Soon, the lawn will be overgrown, all our fish will be dead, and the sheriff will come by to take custody of our emaciated pets

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

RuBisCO posted:

Gem crafting guide

This is great. You are great.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Holy poo poo, things got loving grim all of a sudden:

Let's all work together! Chain attacks, party members of different races, hit 'b' for encouragement everybody, hero time! reyn time baby riki sneaky let's not lose our heads though you behave! my rife's heating up riki like fighting easy monsters OH HOLY poo poo THE FACES ARE homs who have been brainwashed and had their loving organs carved out to make them "more compatible" with mechonis? fuuuuuuck :psyduck:

rikisneaky

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
gently caress, Seven (set up for speed/agility) and Riki will hold their own against hordes of enemies no matter who your third is. They're absolutely devastating when paired--moreso when Seven's got the fast armor set-up.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Mazed posted:

Go figure. :v: Guess it ain't party-time until your tank has occasional giggle-fits and the guy bringing up the rear is a muppet. Think I'll throw Dunban in the middle because "BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE!" never ceases to amaze.

For being the mature and level-headed guy of the group, he is such a ham.

Hero muppet, thank you very much.

Right now, my party is Tits Sharla, Seven, and Riki, with Sharla as lead. I just have her sit back and take potshots at the baddies while Seven and Riki run in and gently caress poo poo up at close range. Sharla's got a couple healing abilities if the going gets tough, but Seven has his own regen spell (that the AI casts at the beginning of every fight) and Riki can heal the party (by spitting all over them), so we're never wanting for HP. Sharla's Drive Boost ability owns loving bones in a pinch--at higher levels, it lets her rain hell down on some punks almost constantly.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
At lvl 65, where are some respawning enemies I can use to get my party members' affinities up? Melia is a frostybox.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Chronojam posted:

That's how I see it. Here's this big British robot yelling incoherently at you, and it is going to kick the poo poo out of you if you aren't actually ready. Makes it more imposing.

Yes! The lead-up to the battle and the battle itself were done amazingly well.

Just finished the late-game plotdump. Everyone's outfits are so ridiculous--it made the cutscenes kind of silly. Shulk looks halfway normal, but Riki looks like a tiny stuffed tiger, Dunban's bare-chested and sporting the world's stupidest-looking helmet, Reyn hasn't had a shirt on in ages, Sharla apparently stops dressing herself after she gets her bra on, and Melia looks like a Final Fantasy cosplayer. As if that wasn't bad enough, Seven's getup would make Sharla blush.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Thundarr posted:

You'll know you are there when a character explicitly tells you that you are at the point of no return and gives you a yes/no choice. You have a little ways to go yet.

And by "explicitly" Thundarr means "loving explicitly." There is no way in hell you'll miss it.

The wife and I arrived at the final boss last night. I think my two favorite parts so far (aside from "rikisneaky") are the deaths of Mumkhar and Dickson. Mumkhar's final line is just great--"NOT LIKE THIIIIIS!" And Dickson's "I'm not gonna give you the satisfaction of seeing me die..." is perfect. The voice acting is top-notch.

Any helpful hints about the final boss? The party is level 78ish, and I'm rolling with Shulk, Riki, and Reyn. Can't seem to take it down.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Thanks for the final boss tips. And yes, I did notice the "b" button mechanic. Missing those because you're having some water or something sucks :argh:

This is kind of a long shot, but does anyone have a decent image of the greek star chart-looking "doodles" from the game? Like the ones surrounding the health bar window shown in this image? I'd like something a bit sharper for a project I'm working on.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Unoriginal One posted:

As for that other thing, I imagine you'll find the Speed IV stuff substantially less awkward to use. It's sold from a Nopon merchant that moves in one you max out Colony 6's Commerce.

If I could reach through the Internet and hug you goddamnit I would. Thank you for your contribution to Clothes for Hoes.

edit: Just got the last items necessary for this--Riki congratulated himself after the last fight (against some fish in shallow water) despite the fact that all he did the whole time was tread water because his little legs couldn't touch the bottom.

It's okay, buddy. Sidekicks do real good :3:

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 21, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Unoriginal One posted:

As for that other thing, I imagine you'll find the Speed IV stuff substantially less awkward to use. It's sold from a Nopon merchant that moves in one you max out Colony 6's Commerce.

Can't find this little fucker. Anyone know his location?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Vil posted:

Start at the main entrance facing into town, hang a left and go up some stairs. He's somewhere on the left.

Important to note is that Colony 6's merchants are not present 24/7 like most other merchants, and they each have their own hours. I forget when exactly this particular merchant is around.

Also, if you check the map (not minimap) of Colony 6, it'll have merchant icons to show all the merchant locations, whether or not they're currently spawned due to time of day. So you can just go to each of them and gently caress with the clock to get them to spawn, then check them out. (That said, you want one of the ones furthest to the lower right.)

Restoration level 5 is the highest level, right? There isn't some secret level 6 that I need to achieve before I can find him?

It's driving me nuts! Last night, I spent an hour running around this busted-rear end colony, and while everyone was happy to sell me things I already have, I can't find this one dude. Do I need to have recruited him first, from some other place, maybe?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Vil posted:

Maybe try going to each merchant icon on the map, changing time until the merchant appears in front of you, then checking their inventory?

I was pretty tired when I did it, so I might've missed someone.

As penance, I'll try and grab a screenshot of the bastard if/when I find him, so nobody else has to wander around looking for clothes.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Thundarr posted:

It is a pink Nopon merchant along the southeast wall of the colony during the daytime. I think there is usually a couple of generic npcs standing in front of her stall.

Never did find the fucker.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll run across him in New Game+ (which is amazing, by the way).

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Dumb question, but do auras stack? Or does the first one I cast get overridden by a second one?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Marogareh posted:

They get overridden so no strength up and critical up for Dunban sadly.

fai is angry

As our hour count nears two hundred, the wife and I are still learning new things--for better or worse. I've been rolling with Dundun as party leader for quite a while and have been starting every battle by casting three auras in a row, not knowing that I was just wasting the poor guy's time.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Drawde posted:

Ok, I know I'm late to the game, but I have some questions after beating the game:
What does Melia get?

Vengeance. Also, the chance to preserve her race.

It killed me that Reyn ended up being Sharla's "silver medal." I was hoping that Melia and Reyn--hoity-toity noble and brutish, unrefined farmhand--would end up together. It would've been a perfect match.

Sharla's so hung up on her old flame that when she falls in battle, she mutters his name. Poor Reyn. :smith:

Also, Spiritus Nox, go rebuild Colony 6. It's satisfying as all hell. Remember that as you progress down that path, more and more named characters may want to move in, so either consult a guide, or just talk to people. I would actually suggest the latter as characters make it pretty obvious that they want to move when the time comes (for instance, an oddly-named nopon at Frontier Village is loving sick of people making fun of her name, so if your Housing and Nature levels are 3 or higher, she might want to move to a place where people don't mock her incessantly).

As the community develops, you'll find that the new residents have their own problems that the team can help with, allowing you to raise that area's affinity. Plus, it's just neat to watch a prosperous town rise up from the rubble :unsmith:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
This is among the more embarrassing posts I've ever written, but I feel the need to come clean and admit that we're in NG+ with a 200+ hours in and just figured out that Melia's elementals could be launched at the enemy by using her talent gauge :eng99:

edit: TIP FOR NEW GAME+

There's a pretty big endgame event that occurs, after which you get one last chance to grab some pretty hard-to-get endgame collectibles/items. If you're going to play NG+, since you can take some of it with you, take the time to hoard some of this stuff (especially "Ocean Elixir of Life" if you want to be able to change Seven's outfit to something reasonable before the endgame the next time through).

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jul 9, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Not an Owl posted:

I'm level 68-69 at Agniratha and holy hell is Gadolt kicking my rear end. I've tried like a million different teams and I just can't figure out what to do

Roll with Riki, Sharla, and Shulk, with Shulk as the lead, so you can cast Monado Armor to deal with that loving laser attack, and Enchant, if you need it. Riki and Sharla should be able to keep up with the healing if their arts are set up correctly. At that level, the fight will be challenging, but it's definitely doable. If that party doesn't work, consider swapping out Riki for Dundun or Reyn and try again. Also, save your chain attacks for when the Monado says he's gonna put the hurt on you--I think he can be dazed, which cancels whatever he's planning.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Violently Car posted:

I've heard that he is easier if Sharla is in your party. I can see him being pretty difficult if that's the case and you don't use her (I did use her, so I can't say for sure).

I didn't notice a difference. I've read in a couple different places that it supposedly makes her harder to hit or something, but I don't believe it (especially considering that his memories were completely obliterated in light of Fiora's "treachery" when she became a Face Unit. Gadolt would have no idea who Sharla was after Egil got done with him, right?).

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Nathilus posted:

It's mentioned in that very fight that it's not possible to completely obliterate a person's memories. Something about a 'heart' being different than but somewhat analogous to memory. In other words, The Flesh Remembers. Egil views people as beep boop machines rather than a complex web of thought, physicality, and emotion; which is a mistake and one reason for his downfall.

Ah, I must've missed that the first time through (you're talking to the guy who didn't know Melia could discharge her elementals until NG+, here). Well, just because I didn't notice a difference doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't one, I suppose. I just assumed that after Egil figured out that the faces could retain memories, he took extra care to wipe their minds. If some part of Gadolt remembered Tits, it's pretty tragic--the team isn't just killing some re-purposed husk of a homs, then. I'd imagine that having to kill the love of your life is something you never quite get over. Poor Reyn. :smith:

So, I'm in NG+ at level 82 or so. I've just gotten to a certain hidden village, and my affinities with everywhere but the new place are all three stars (Colony 9 is at four). I'm having trouble finding more quests to complete. I've seen mention of a spreadsheet a couple times in this thread. Does it happen to include a full quest list? If so, where can I find it?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Vil posted:

The famous spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rowsperpage=250

A Japanese website that has nearly all the info you could ever want, provided you can figure it out through Google Translate (or if you can read Japanese):

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fxenobladedata.web.fc2.com%2F

That said, "I can't find any more quests", when it doesn't translate to "progress the plot further" (which, to be honest, it often doesn't, not counting quests that are only available at endgame), usually means "do a lap of town and talk to every named NPC at different times of day (each time until they start repeating), to get one-time conversations or affinity link updates".

(I really wish there were a guide for NPC locations and movement patterns and when their dialogue changes with time of day. The best I can ever find is "here's where they are at 10:00 or 22:00".)

You'll need to do this less often if you follow up with NPCs X and Y after doing a quest involving them. Sometimes though, an affinity update is from NPC Z whom you would have had no idea was in any way related.

Also, getting high affinity for colony 6 basically requires upgrading and populating colony 6, which is heavily plot-restricted due to the availability of upgrade items. (Less so in NG+ if you carry the right items over, mind you.)

Many thanks!

Strange thing is that I've been doing laps of all the towns, speaking with people at all hours of day and night. I might just be missing parts of town--for instance, Sesame is hard to find the first time unless you are really looking for him. And Jackson hiding in that tiny little area behind some houses...argh

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Last Celebration posted:

One of the Heart-to-hearts actually does come right out and say that it is just an abandoned High Entia ship making a delivery that crashed somehow.

Thanks for answering this. Coincidentally, I was just about to ask the same thing--also, isn't it a bit weird to have escape pods on a ship that is just delivering poo poo? :iiam:

My favorite unique "the battle's over" dialog so far is:

Reyn: "You can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!"
Melia: "...Dunban, I think you should have a talk with Reyn."
Dunban: "No. Let's just pretend it didn't happen."

Cracks me up every time.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Dancing Peasant posted:

There's also a point where the party is split at Fallen Arm and you have Riki, Melia, and Dundun in one group.

The fact that Dundun took so long to figure it out shows how loving sneaky the little bastard is. I'm sad that in our current game, his party affinity is maxed out, because I miss having him around during fights :(

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Louisgod posted:

The Nopon are pretty vengeful too, asking you to gently caress species up for minor things. Nopon ain't nothin to gently caress with.

"Kill the leaders of both sides. That'll fix everything."

Also, gently caress the jump you have to make to complete that quest. "GO GO GO GO YES YES YES I'M GONNA MAKE IT THIS TIME FFUUUUUCK, oh hi nopon researchers, good to see you again"

shaitan posted:

Is using the classic controller a lot better?
Holy shitballs, yes!

As for your other question, I agree with the previous posters' advice--go level up a little. There aren't many times during the game that it will be necessary to take the time to level up (not that it takes that long anyway), and you'll know when you need to (like if someone absolutely ruins your poo poo despite your best efforts).

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Chronojam posted:

Chain attacks double the EXP, so abuse that if you need some levels. Get a lot of enemies provoked and wounded, then start the chains of doom.

Yeop. The only thing I'd add is to make sure you're hitting the bad guys where you should be in order to fill the meter faster (Shulk has two arts that are fantastic for this--one for the enemy's rear and one for the side).

Oh, and the noble heropon has that happy dance art, which also fills the meter, if I recall correctly.

The most badass way to end a chain attack is Sharla's Head Shot art (on a dazed enemy). Seriously. Having her insta-kill those big baboon motherfuckers in Satorl Marsh is immensely satisfying.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Seven: "It's quiet without Reyn and Riki around."
Melia: "I agree."
Dundun: "Yes. Let's stay with this party for now."

gently caress you guys, reyn and riki are probably getting drunk together while you grind for levels

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
NG+ is cool if you missed stuff the first time through, like maxing party affinities, seeing heart-to-hearts, and helping with Colony 6's restoration.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Yeah, it can take quite a few tries, but keep at it. Same thing for getting a "hot" day.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Nathilus posted:

The one that stumped me was 'falling stars'. If you look closely in the background of the sea there are ALWAYS falling stars. I thought that was it, not the very obvious golden rain shower.

Falling stars seemed like it took forever to occur. I found it far easier to conjure up a thunderstorm. Thankfully, there aren't many situations in which you need the falling stars to get your drop/item.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Xenoblade Online for the Wii U: Party with three other people. One's Wii pad will receive visions, and it's their responsibility to save the party. With voice chat or their own abilities.

And whoever plays as Riki must speak like him over the mic or he'll refuse to do anything.

Question: My first time through, I kind of blew through the last town without doing any quests for it--if you do all the quests there, does it become revitalized like Egil wanted it to be? I remember the chief saying something along the lines of "he's trying to restore it to its former glory all by himself."

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Weird, quasi/pseudo-philosophical question about the ending:

Are the Reyn, Sharla, Fiora, et al we see in the ending the original individuals, or reconstructions made by Alvis based on Shulk's memories of them? Since God-Shulk (re)created the world, would the original people have survived?

Bonus question: Would it matter either way?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Vilkata posted:

This is very early game spoilers, so much so that it probably doesn't need a tag, but is there ever a point where you don't have to cast Monado Enchant everytime you fight the mechina?

I just got the fourth character and was wondering about this. It's a bit of a hassle.

You'll soon have access to equipment that negates this issue.

Louisgod posted:

Little known fact about the ending: Shulk's penis is now 14 inches long and Fiora has two vaginas.

Shulk's dick was already that big, and Fiora never had a vajayjay in the first place. What are you playing at? While you're spreading lies, how about telling me how to beat Riki's third form? His D-D-D-D-Deathinate attack keeps wiping us out, and it doesn't help that Sharla left the party to open her own pastry shop.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Also, if you pick someone else as your party leader (and Shulk is in the party), the AI does a pretty good job of making sure Enchant gets cast when it needs to be (this will get loving annoying later on, but for now, you may find this configuration preferable).

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Louisgod posted:

Shulk may have created a completely new "Earth" based on the Bionis or something.

Obviously, ending spoilers below:
I like to think that Alvis heard Shulk's request for "a world with no gods" and thought "hmmm, not sure what he means, but I hope 'Earth before Zanza hosed it up' will fit the bill, 'cause I'm doin' that."

Also, I'm rocking out with Seven, Riki, and Melia right now, and because of Seven's green Art, Melia's ridiculous purple Arts, and Riki's BUUUUURRRRRNNNNINATE, every battle is a loving rave. I'm honestly surprised that the Wii can handle all that poo poo.

riki sneaky

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

The Black Stones posted:

...Monolith Soft has done a bunch of other stuff like Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier...

It's not surprising if you've never heard of this game--when they localized it, ATLUS changed its title. In Japan, it's called "Super Anime Tit Quest DS."

just kidding but goddamn that is a game just full of boobs

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Best of luck, aexil, and don't worry--I lent the game to a friend this weekend and got a text message today:

quote:

THAT FUCKIN CATERPILLAR

You're not alone, buddy :)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

C-Euro posted:

I love Riki's motivation for joining you (at least the one he cites when first joining the party), that he's in deep with the loan sharks and is "volunteering" to go along. But he has so many littlepons to feed :3:

And then, after he holds up his end of the bargain, it turns out she'd been using the family's charge card while he was away! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Yeah, you can't count on him to be useful on his own when you need his abilities. I swap him in as Leader in those cases. Otherwise, he gets to either warm the bench or take orders from the best party member.

rikisneaky

• Locked thread