Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Got my copy about an hour ago with the neat art book. I can't scan it, but would be willing to upload phone camera shots of each page later if people are interested. I have no idea if it contains location or character spoilers as I haven't even opened the game to look at the manual. Just to be safe I would link the pictures instead of embedding them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Louisgod, I'd like to give you a big fuckin' internet high five. Were it not for you and the stickied thread, this game would have gone under my radar until it was (most likely) very hard to obtain.

I dusted off the Wii, ran system updates and made sure I changed the video setting from 480i to 480p. I don't know what people are talking about - the game looks great. Sure, the faces are a little fuzzy, but that is about it. The game also makes my Wii somewhat loud when it's reading the disc (which can be often) but that is also minor.

For the last 2 hours I have found myself jumping around like an idiot playing errand boy, but it has been amazing. The way quests are handled is fantastic. I haven't even touched purchasing armor/items/customizing skills yet either. I've barely scraped the surface and have already fallen in love. So once again, thanks buddy.

Also, the plains music! :allears:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

KoB posted:

Its really disapointing that playing the game on its native console will never look even 1/10th this good.

This is simply untrue. Don't dissuade people from playing it on the Wii - it still looks great.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

sudonim posted:

Jump into the river.

I jumped in to the river last night and a bunch of level 70 fish ravaged my body.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Louisgod posted:

I need to compile these quotes so that when people question the hype the game's receiving, can point out tat I'm not alone in this sentiment. Truly is a fantastic game.

Well let me know if you need any more, as I am sure I could come up with plenty.

This has turned in to a "just one more..." game for me. Last night I was told to save the brother of someone as part of the story. I decided he could wait, as I wanted to head back to Colony 9 and see what's up! I was able to turn in a few quests when I arrived. However, it seemed that whenever I turned a quest in, someone nearby would have that familiar icon appear over their head. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to see what they want..." I would tell myself. Well this pattern repeated indefinitely and then it was 2 AM. :stare:

I also ended up with 100% item completion for the first three areas.

Best part was, it wasn't boring sidequesting at all. I even found a quest that I have to make a tough decision for! It is the love triangle one. I've had visions of both outcomes, and it has left me hanging, because I don't know what one is better. :(

In short, take this comic but replace Minecraft, trees, wood and sticks with Xenoblade, quests, rewards, and rear end kicking:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Crackmaster - glad you are enjoying Xenoblade so much. If you felt the artbook was a little on the weak side, sell it on eBay. Video game extras normally aren't my thing, so I listed my book for $20, which just sold last night. Now it feels like I got the game for $30, which is straight up robbery in my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
If people missed out on the art book, here are scans of the 12 pages. I have no idea how picky people are, so I'll just leave this warning here. Click on the magnifying glass in the top right for huge.

:siren:MAY CONTAIN LOCATION SPOILERS IF YOU CARE ABOUT THAT. IT ALSO LISTS 7 PARTY MEMBERS ALREADY NAMED IN THIS THREAD MULTIPLE TIMES AND 2 MECHONS.:siren:

http://imgur.com/a/hrVzT

• Locked thread