Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deviantfish
Jun 25, 2006

P L E A S E
D O N ' T
Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to get (decent-ish) healing from Melia? Currently in Sword Valley, and I've been using her/Shulk/Dunban as my main roaming big-numbers DPS party, but I've had to switch her out for Sharla on bosses since the end of Valak Mountain. Also, as an aside, what level would be too high to try Galahad? I can get to the entrance, but the level 53 trash mobs outside are causing me grief with their topples.

Thundarr posted:

One thing I've never been sure of as far as that goes: can you stack DoTs of the same damage type? If Melia chucks an Earth spirit at something and then Riki hits it with Lurgy, is it taking damage from both, just from the one with the higher magnitude, or just from the last effect to hit it?

Most of the time there are so many numbers flying around on the screen while I'm busy fiddling with arts that it's hard for me to tell just by looking. v:shobon:v

From what I've read on random forums, Melia and Riki's DoT's are separate and stack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviantfish
Jun 25, 2006

P L E A S E
D O N ' T
Grimey Drawer
Quick question: How should I gear up Seven? I'm using the speed frame at the minute, but it looks absolutely terrible. Are any of the others better, or should I just put up with improbable amounts of robo-rear end?

edit: VVV

quote:

So I just found out about this 4th and 5th skill tree. What's a good way to raise area affinity? I did a ton of Colony 9 sidequests earlier in the game, but only seem to get to level 2.

All these kill and collecting sidequests are so bad.
Unfortunately, that's the only way to do it. You'll also get a star or two every time one of the NPCs in a town raises their affinity towards another, so keep talking to them whenever you're passing through.

Deviantfish fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 16, 2012

Deviantfish
Jun 25, 2006

P L E A S E
D O N ' T
Grimey Drawer
So... how far am I from finishing the game? I'm in the second huge, annoying city Agniratha and the huge number of "go here, kill x" quests is annoying. Also, hitting unique monsters with spike is annoying because NPC Shulk seems to want to enchant instead of purge, and if I main him, I can't even fill the talent gauge again before purge runs out. I'm starting to burn out...

• Locked thread