Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Bucnasti posted:

Why does Robo need to wear goggles?

It looks good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bucnasti posted:

Why does Robo need to wear goggles?

Because it looks cool.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
High velocity dust can scratch glass lenses, and Robo doesn't have a living cornea that can heal itself.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Hyperactive posted:

It looks good!

Fair enough!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Based on what I know about Japanese tanks from that time period, this latest comic seems 100% accurate.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man I am really hoping that's The Sparrow.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Polaron posted:

Based on what I know about Japanese tanks from that time period, this latest comic seems 100% accurate.

Maybe that motorcycle has...

um.

gently caress. I don't have any idea how a Japanese tank could conceivably keep up with a motorcycle that is even remotely capable of moving under its own power.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
For some reason this new story is giving me "The Good, The Bad, and The Weird" vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzNnCK5cd8Q

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

gently caress. I don't have any idea how a Japanese tank could conceivably keep up with a motorcycle that is even remotely capable of moving under its own power.

These aren't real tanks, these are japanese tanks in a universe where, a short number of years later, they'll have giant fighting robots.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

BooDoug187 posted:

For some reason this new story is giving me "The Good, The Bad, and The Weird" vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzNnCK5cd8Q
Oh, it's not just for "some" reason.

A.o.D. posted:

The terrain favors the tanks. Plus the motorcycle necessarily has to take a zig-zagging path to avoid explosions while the tanks can go straight ahead.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Ahh! Glad I wasn't reaching for straws there! I do follow you guys on twitter I must have missed that under the piles of other people I follow.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

A.o.D. posted:

Maybe that motorcycle has...

um.

I was more joking about the tanks getting taken out by gunshots. Japanese tanks during the WWII era were absolute garbage and I've heard stories about them being disabled by well-placed bayonets. It wouldn't surprise me at all for a decently powerful handgun to disable them.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Hyperactive posted:

The terrain favors the tanks. Plus the motorcycle necessarily has to take a zig-zagging path to avoid explosions while the tanks can go straight ahead.

I have to figure Robo's got a few pounds on the driver that the bike's designed to carry, too.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

That is absolutely Jack Tarot's daughter. If you're doing Indiana Jones, you bring a mystery (wo)man.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Are the speech bubbles pointing to the correct people on page 3, panel 2? It looks like Robo is speaking the white speech bubbles and the mystery gunner the blue.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Who What Now posted:

Are the speech bubbles pointing to the correct people on page 3, panel 2? It looks like Robo is speaking the white speech bubbles and the mystery gunner the blue.
Yeah, that's an error. Already marked for the print run.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

There wouldn't happen to have been a hardcover print run for the Atomic Robo RPG at any point, would there?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

8one6 posted:

There wouldn't happen to have been a hardcover print run for the Atomic Robo RPG at any point, would there?

Nope.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Speaking of the RPG, I'm going to be at PAX East once again running Atomic Robo and the Doom That Came To Third Shift once again. I don't know exactly when yet, but I'll be there all weekend running that and a few other games as part of Games on Demand.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Has there been any Kickstarter news lately? Last I saw was that the books were on a boat. The link for the boats status is no longer working so I assume it hit states side by now. Are they shipping soon from the end distro?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Has there been any Kickstarter news lately? Last I saw was that the books were on a boat. The link for the boats status is no longer working so I assume it hit states side by now. Are they shipping soon from the end distro?

According to one of the recent updates on the site they've arrived but customs wants to x-ray the entire book lot which has slowed things down.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

8one6 posted:

According to one of the recent updates on the site they've arrived but customs wants to x-ray the entire book lot which has slowed things down.

drat it Scott, you should have known better than to hide your stash in a large shipment of books!

Thanks for the tip. I really should spend some time to check up on the website. I haven't been reading the new comics as I tend to like to read them in long form instead of broken up. The web comic transition didn't quite jive with me. Glad it's working out though! I need more Robo.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
In response to a few pages of AR back, I wonder why they broke up.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think something went wrong with image compression today. Dialogue is perfectly sharp, but everything else looks like it was saved as a lossy jpeg.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Hit refresh.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Volume 11, Chapter 1, Page 5:
"Could mean a LOT of things. I'd have to see he math."

Hey Hyperactive, a while back you posted a drawing of Robo with The Tick. Is that something I can buy a print of? I love The Tick.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
The character he-math. There is no problem.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I have two semi related questions for the Atomic Robo game I'm currently running. 1) In the Atomic Robo-verse did those Nazi bastards set up secret bases in Antarctica and/or the moon? and 2) when would you say any such evil secret base have been established? Pre-war, late war?

My players have captured some intel on bases from some German agents who were trying to steal the sub from the secret mobile naval base located inside the Queen Mary and I want to have them globetrotting to destroy Axis super-science bases.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

8one6 posted:

I have two semi related questions for the Atomic Robo game I'm currently running. 1) In the Atomic Robo-verse did those Nazi bastards set up secret bases in Antarctica and/or the moon? and 2) when would you say any such evil secret base have been established? Pre-war, late war?
I can only repeat the advice we give in the book: don't worry about canon. You guys can never anticipate what we'll add to the comic book, much less the stuff we've already planted to be revealed down the road. It's our comic book, but this is your game, so do whatever your group thinks will be fun with the source material you've got.

Antarctic and/or lunar Nazi bases are 100% plausible by the logic of pulp sci-fi settings, so if you guys think it'll be fun to add one or both to your game, then do it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

ShineDog posted:

The character he-math. There is no problem.

The theme to The Masters of the Universe has been running through my head for days because of you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hyperactive posted:

I can only repeat the advice we give in the book: don't worry about canon.

Yes! My tabletop character Lady Atomic Robo who is Robo's long lost sister but with a sexy humanoid body and married to Count Lord Yak is officially approved by Hyperactive.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

SirDan3k posted:

The theme to The Mathters of the Universe has been running through my head for days because of you.

Missed opportunity.

Covok
May 27, 2013

If anyone wants to stop oddic worshiping cultists in leauge with a cabal of wealthy business leaders and the Italian maifa from rebuilding Edison's failed and unstable immortality machine in 1990s New York, I'm doing an Atomic Robo RPG Majestic 12 one-shot tomorrow (Saturday) at 9pm EST. Microphone required.

Edit: I think I got AR two new readers from the game. They loved every bit of the comic they learned about.

Covok fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 6, 2016

8one6
May 20, 2012

According to the latest KS update the books are finally out of customs!

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'm thinking of doing another Atomic Majestic 12 one-shot on Wednesday or Friday at 9pm EST (I'd like to do it tomorrow, but expect that to be short notice), if anyone is interested

Operation Heart of Darkness posted:

You aren't doing this one alone, boys. In a rare show, we're working together with secret service operatives on this mission. Unorothdox, but a matter of national security has forced our hand.

A few weeks ago, a secret service agent went rogue. Their whereabouts were unknown till 72 hours ago when he was discovered in Buenos Aires by local authorites. The attempted capture of the agent resulted in numerous injured and two awful discoveries: he had unknown allies and, from blood analysis, is full of biomechanical components.

How he came in contact with such technology is unknown.

One thing is clear from our intel: he is convinced an organization named Dadeulus is attempting to take over the world from within the secret service.

Clearly deranged, he is in possession of weaponized tesology, seeks to attack the secret service, and is working with an unknown group.

He is a threat and our joint operation is authorized to capture and kill, whichever is neccesary.

I'm thinking of having the party be split between secret service (Dadeulus) agents and Majestic 12 agents and have the two factions have conflicting agendas (keep information on Dadeulus a secret vs find source of biomechanical components).

If this interests you, sign up here.

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 8, 2016

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
So dumb question... was atomic robo's name inspired by atomic robo kid? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_Robo-Kid

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Not consciously.

The naming process was more or less: we wanted something pulpy, but we also didn't want to lean too hard on the Tesla angle. This would've been just prior to Total Tesla Saturation, but we could see the wave forming, and anyway, we've always sought to sell our book on its own merits rather than the backs of historical figures.

We knew we wanted Robo to be a nickname given to him by the '20s press, 100% taken from RoboCop, so we figured his debut name was The Something Robot.

Atomic was the least dumbest appellation.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Any updates on the HC shipping yet?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

8one6 posted:

Any updates on the HC shipping yet?

Ditto on this one, I was just thinking this last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Things should start going out this week.

• Locked thread