Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski
Hey guys, I just want to say, I loved this game. I just finished it on Iorveth's path and I'm gonna wait a few days and then hit Roche's. The only part of the game I hated was the third act boss. The one on the tower. It wasn't hard, but really boring. I mean, 20 minutes of me dodge rolling and stinging it on the nose? Boring. Would rather have done something like the act 2 boss. That boss was awesome.

But I had some questions about the narrative.

So Letho did everything he did so the Emperor would rebuild the school of the Viper, correct? So, like, do you think Geralt would do the same? Like, in the prologue, Foltest tells him he can have whatever he wants, within reason. Well, Foltest just won a long civil war. Probably captured himself some castles. So why doesn't Geralt just ask for one of the many, maybe one out of the way, and just start training more witchers? All he asks for is to leave.

But maybe Geralt doesn't give a poo poo, because he doesn't seem overly concerned with the dwindling Witcher population, he doesn't seem to be interested in much besides finding Yennefer at the end of the game.

So like, if someone came up to Geralt and gave him an army of craftsmen and orphans and some dinged up old fortress and told him he could start making more Witchers, would he even bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski
Edit: I'm a retard.

HarveyVdarski fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 25, 2012

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Wiseblood posted:

I assume Kaer Morhen is still standing and Vesemir, Lambert, and Eskel are still there, right? I don't recall W2 ever mentioning what happened to all of them.

Dont they all just abandon it?

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski
I just want to say, this game is crazy easy if you spend the extra 30-40 minutes getting super optimized armor and weapons.

Act 1 boss on my first run was so loving frustrating I turned it down to easy.

Act 2 boss took me fifteen minutes, massive chore.

Act 3 boss I didnt even both with on normal, because it was just soo boring. Dodge, strike, dodge, strike, quen, etc.

But I powered through A1B in five minutes with the kayran armor and jagged blade. A2B was dead in before he could use that tornado thing.

I just started Act 3....

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Riso posted:

The difficulty of the first Letho fight is in the comparatively small area you're in. The second time you have a lot of space.

Dudes no.

I mean I played through this on my first go like a retard.

Mix and matched like crazy.

sold all trophies, didnt understand the point.

Didn't buy more than x2 sets of armor the entire game and didnt craft a fuckign thing besides witcher's robust sword.

didn't know what armor enhancements or runes did and simply sold them like a tard.

When I fought Saskia, it took forty loving minutes because my heavy attack crits did four damage.

So...

yeah. I chilled out and played it properly this time, and went full on beardneck on getting the best items I could, leading me to get amazing, kick-rear end weapons and I went swordsman second playthrough, by the end I didn't even need quen because with the exception of shield dudes I was able to tank as geralt.

• Locked thread