Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

chancy posted:

I have to say, the start of the game is sure to put a lot of people off. Coming in without prior witcher experience and on normal difficulty I've died at least 15 times just trying to get past the dragonfire and swordsmen in the very first scene.

It's less a matter of prior experience (the combat system from the first game is just too different for it to be relevant), and more of that part just being a bitch. I still have trouble telling when it's safe from the fire or not, and even on normal it's a quick kill if you get caught in it.

One thing's marginally better now - before the first patch, the dragon bit was one of the choices you could pick while being interrogated by Roche. Hello new player NOW BURN :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread