Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Yeah it would be fun to see the world and how Geralt is before he's drawn into all the political/destiny stuff at the start of the books.

Isn't he supposed to be pretty old? I know Yennefer is almost 100 but I think I read he was 60 or 70 somewhere (probably my imagination). That's a lot of time for him to do stuff in.

Also I'm about a quarter of the way through the lady of the lake and these books sure are good, fan translations I've read have all been good, although they could've done with maybe a few more proofread's because there's a lot of spelling mistakes but the translation itself is really good.

I wish I'd read the books before ever playing the games because they do add much context to everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/16494-Our-Community-Fan-Translations

Has all the fan translations for the books you can't purchase in English (plus Baptism of Fire in the "Mobi and e-pub versions of the books" link).

The Tower of the Swallow translation had a crap load of spelling mistakes and its formatting made all the text on my kindle grey, but other than that they're all good.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

2house2fly posted:

Mass Effect gets all kinds of flak for sexism, but it also has latex-clad men in it, as well as some female characters who aren't designed to look titillating. Whereas in Witcher 2, here's a male and female mage:

Why is Saskia trying to kill Geralt at the end of the game? Does she want to?

Yeah if you want to blame someone for the sorcerer & sorceress looks it's Sapkowski, in the books there's a bit where he's describing them both at a party, half the sorceress' have their boobs out whereas the guys are all much more reserved. To the sorceress' in the books their looks are a tool like anything else, because they aren't natural - they were the girls who weren't going to be married off (Yennefer was a hunch back).

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
http://www.gamersyde.com/download_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_35_minutes_gameplay-32805_en.html

5gb uncompressed version. The long range views are amazing, most of The Witcher 2 felt really oppressive with how closed in with trees/fog/walls everything was, the only open bit was the beginning.

I really hope they've smoothed the interaction system in this, also it would be great if there wasn't crazy mouse lag.

Still, looks fantastic.

Heliosicle fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 19, 2014

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Leb posted:

Regarding mouse lag, have you tried forcing triple buffering via D3DOverrider? That seemed to almost completely resolve the issue on my end.

Thanks this really helped, its not completely gone but its minimal enough that its not a big problem.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Apparently there's a 2nd playable character? Or is this just old news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
I think when Ciri is being taught by Yennefer she talks about the rules of magic. Ciri is a 'source' though, so they don't apply to her as far as I remember.

• Locked thread