Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Ravenfood posted:

Why did they feel the need to add Dancer to the game? In Lilies and Vipers, they have a cave that gives you Deithwen (again, in case you missed it) and an arbitrarily awesome steel sword too. At least with Caerme I felt like I worked for that damned blade, with Dancer its just "oh, I killed a few nekkers and I get a sword better than one a sorcerer-smith was thrilled to be able to make."

Wait'll you find the forgotten vran sword (aka the best sword). Even though you're almost done, chapter III seems to be ultra-content in raining really badass swords onto you, picking up the silver sword at the end of the gargoyle quest was especially awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Smol posted:

:psyduck:

Polish video game developers must get laid even less than usual.

But these are devs behind The Witcher, a game that would not exist if coded by people who weren't anything but alpha #1. There's a good chance that their party-friendly office has seen Dandelion-amounts of superior Polish weed and women on weekends

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

Witcher 2 ending spoilers: I couldnt do it because it felt out of character. Geralt was fairly neutral in my Witcher 1 playthrough, and frankly by the end as you say, there didn't seem to be a point in killing him. But the main thing was, it would make Geralt a giant hypocrite. Everything that Letho did seemed like something Geralt could easily, and sort of did do, in other circumstances. Just replace Foltest and Temeria with the Emhir var Emreis and Temeria with Nilfgaard.

Beyond anything that happened in the game, Letho and co. also babysat Yennefer while Geralt was having fun with The Hunt, with her magic outbursts being part of the reason Nilfgaard took an initial lukewarm-noticing to them. Considering she's actually still alive somewhere with Emhyr because of him, you seriously owe the dude big time, or at the very least, can consider things even regarding the whole Triss thing

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

I'm sorry if this issue has been covered before, but are there any FoV tools that work with the game? The FoV for the 16:10 aspect ratio is way too narrow. It feels like I'm playing Dead Space or something.

Might as well necro this quote, because three years later, there is! And I'm pretty sure some people fresh from the sale are gonna be wondering the same thing assuming you didn't get it when they ran out of keys

http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/index.php?c=mod&m=show&p=76
http://www.mediafire.com/download/860p22xa5w48gw6/redkit_76_8c050e2c.zip (if you don't feel like registering)

Throw Fov_1_1 in Users\You\Documents\Witcher 2\UserContent, then enable it in the Mods section of the launcher, save, then launch. Press the F key to up the FOV in 5 degree increments, and H to reset it. Check the readme if you're using any variant of FCR, as it has some issues with it as-is

Vanilla

+15

+30

• Locked thread